softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
:mrgreen:
from spoon-tamago.com
Futon Fashion | Japanese designers present bedroom chic for Fall 2014

by Johnny on March 10, 2014
from left to right: Comme des Garcons, Yohji Yamamoto and Junya Watanabe

This winter was cold. Brutally cold. And judging by the runway shows that Japanese fashion designers just released for the Fall 2014 season, cold was just about the only thing on their minds too. Japanese masters Rei Kawakubo (for Comme des Garcons), Yohji Yamamoto and Junya Watanabe all showcased voluminous, futon-like coats that conjure up images of warm bedding.
So if you’re trying to get ahead of next season’s trends, you don’t have to look farther than your own bedroom. However, the leading fashion designers aren’t always ahead of the curve. This guy and his wearable kotatsu one-upped them all last year.
Comme des Garçons

Yohji Yamamoto

Junya Watanabe

Haha, that's a fun way to call this 'trend'. I love it on the runway, but I'm not sure I would spend a lot of money to create this look, because it's hardly something I would wear outside the house :D

Actually, I would totally wear the Junya puffer jacket with the boobs, it's awesome!

And the Yohji ones would be fun to wear around the house when it's cold, with all the cats snuggled up to me :heart:

I don't think this is very trendy lol. I've never seen women walk down the street wearing anything even resembling these outfits. I imagine lots of people will probably question it if they did though, they're certainly very quirky outfits.

My bf was desperate for this all winter "I want a blanket-coat, I'm tired of this cold", he said several time this winter....
I guess he would be ok with the black YY one.

I could see wearing something like this if I knew it was going to be a really late night.

That way I wouldn't even have to make it to my bedroom to sleep -- just pass out on the floor anywhere.

My bf was desperate for this all winter "I want a blanket-coat, I'm tired of this cold", he said several time this winter....
I guess he would be ok with the black YY one.
ditto...

:P

I could see wearing something like this if I knew it was going to be a really late night.

That way I wouldn't even have to make it to my bedroom to sleep -- just pass out on the floor anywhere.

... or wherever the other lemmings lead you.

I kinda like the second and fourth look from Comme.. Imagine wearing the second outfit on a long haul flight, you wouldn't need a pillow or a sleeping mask.

I have a long puffer coat from the North Face that I have used as a sleeping bag a few times (and as a toboggan :shock:), I wouldn't mind upgrading to one of the two from Junya.

now FW2016 though
what has come around as somnambulism chic

pillow clutch from undercover

six

Attachments

• ab2dadb4-s.jpg
    ab2dadb4-s.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
I loved that when I saw it :P wondered what it really was.. thank you. That whole show was so comfortable in fact

And this one too, i found a few weeks ago
COS f/w 15

2075355.jpg

1dyrfb.jpg

fashionmagazine

http://www.fashionmagazine.com/fashion/2015/09/18/cos-canada-launch/

Wasn't sure whether i should post more, but basically so many pieces in this collection is like that I felt <3

Balenciaga puffer coats will make it happen this year.

vogue.com & fashionista.com

this is great...

realistically, there are so many times when one uses their bag to rest their head, so a pillow bag actually makes sense...
:P

plus it looks really soft and comfy~!
:woot:...

i'm glad this is moving forward...
somnabulism chic...
haha...
^_^

i still lust after that giant yohji thing...
with mittens~!!!
:wub:...

Last edited by a moderator:
chalayan s/s 2017

vogue

Attachments

• npSTWSwa.jpg
    npSTWSwa.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 9dqrtNcp.jpg
    9dqrtNcp.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 2
  • d2ENjYUO.jpg
    d2ENjYUO.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1
so many puffers this season
do they know the winter is presumed to be even warmer this year?

This thread in Trend Spotting reminds me of that thread in Designers & Collection. V&R, FW05. (src: elle.com)

d9169ccd2b74ffd0939aedd43a29188c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweerechtvier
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->