Hair Masques. Elvive? More like Eldry.

ktee

Reaction score
My non-dyed, thin Asian hair is so hideous right now. It's very long (ends almost reaching my butt) and very very dry. I also seem to be loosing a bit of hair when I comb through it in the shower! It's a bit scary actually.

My question concerns hair masques. I bought L'Oreal's Elvive Nutri-Gloss (intensive shine masque) yesterday and after using it in the shower, my hair is actually WORSE. It went even more dry and is now curlier (I don't get why this happens). This also happenned when I tried the Garnier 3-minute mask, Hot Oil treatments and many other products over the years.

I think I'm using them incorrectly?

The instructions say to massage the product into washed and towel dried hair and leave for a couple of minutes (depending on the product). Are you supposed to:
-wash your hair
-jump out of the shower and towel dry it
-apply product
-wait
-THEN get back into the shower to rinse?

I used to just apply it straight to wet, shampood hair.

Anyways, I have NEVER found a hair masque that did anything great or even good for my hair. In fact they all made my hair drier for some reason. The Vo5 Hot Oil was the least drying. I don't blow dry or straighten-iron my hair often (I do it maybe once a month). And it hasn't even been dyed. I don't get why it's so horrible and I'm losing what seems like a lot every day. My hair used to be brilliant. I still love it, it's got a natural wave to it that people have to style to get....but still, it's not in very good condition. I do eat right. I don't eat a lot of junk food or anything. I take a daily multi-vitamin and exercise. I don't get it. Maybe it's genetic. Boo!

I'm going to the hair salon soon and will enquire about salon type products.

Do you guys reccommend any treatments in particular for thin, damaged, asian hair?

Thanks for reading this horribly long-winded post! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Find a Kerastase salon and get an express treatment (or, if you've got $ to throw around, try Kerathermie) for instant results and then follow up at home with a masque; it sounds like the nutridefense masque would work well, or possibly the masquintense masque for fine hair. it's expensive but it works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->