straightening a perm

mouko

Reaction score
I had my hair twist permed about 3 months ago at a salon. I had it done before at the same place but there was a new stylist and it didn't quite turn out like I had hoped. Now, 3 months later, the perm is fading and I want a change. My hair is naturally straight and I want to get it back that way. Normally I would just shave my head and let it grow out but I really don't want to wait it to grow out again.

Is there anything I can do to get it straight again? Some people have suggested I get my hair relaxed and they said it was damaging. And that sounds to me like a double whammy in terms of damage since my hair has been permed.

i've been considernig japanese thermal straightening as an alternative to getting my hair relaxed. perhaps you should look into this too... although i'm not sure how it would work on permed hair. i found a webpage on it with some useful information that i'm still reading though...

http://home.comcast.net/~gaelen/yuko.htm

I am pretty convinced I got what 'brian' had posted. I was just never sure what it was called!!

Me and my sister visited my mom in Hawaii, and I had this God awful perm. She kept telling me that the stylists could fix my perm by giving me another perm.. I was quite confused. But I figured- it couldn't get worse. So I went to the stylist (and ofcourse being in Hawaii, they were asian.. so it must bet he japanese perm or w/e), and they did the same routon as the person described on the site. It smelled awful, and took forever. When it was finally done, I absolutly loved it. My hair was ssssoooo soft and straight. But like a "perm" you couldn't wash it for a day or so. But my mom was convinced it would look better if I didn't wash it/get it wet for 3 DAYS. First of all YUCK. And second of all.. I'm in HAWAII for goodness sakes. But I did it anyways, and I LOVED the results even more.

Though the downsides are that they expensive and probably rare to find. Also once your hair starts to grow out, you can tell the difference from your roots where your hair isn't permed, from where your hair is permed. But like any other perm, it will fade and your hair will get its natuarl "wave" again. I think they said they last up 6 months or something? But me and my sister get it done every summer now.

yes - japanese thermal straightening or whatever they are called..
its pretty common everywhere in asia, and you can get it done yo have your straight hair back.
however, it will damage your hair in the long run (but i guess it doesnt really matter since you are a guy) esp because you've already had two perms before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityakamotra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->