That LA look: super shiny, healthy hair

sabrina2

Reaction score
I'm an East Coaster and don't see too much of this look, but I love the pictures of LA girls with the super shiny, long, healthy-looking hair. It doesn't appear to be just the typical flat-ironed look.

How is this achieved? Are they all doing keratin treatments? Getting gloss on top of highlights? Taking fish oil? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

photos: Jennifer Meyer from Refinery 29, Molly Sims from Zimbio, Minka Kelly from Stylebistro.com

Attachments

• Minka+Kelly+Minka+Kelly+Leighton+Meester+Jessica+f0jf8s_Nn9nl.jpg
    Minka+Kelly+Minka+Kelly+Leighton+Meester+Jessica+f0jf8s_Nn9nl.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 08-mg-jen-meyer-earring-close-up.jpg
    08-mg-jen-meyer-earring-close-up.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 9
  • Vogue+1+Year+Anniversary+Party+3+1+Phillip+32e2iX129Nfl.jpg
    Vogue+1+Year+Anniversary+Party+3+1+Phillip+32e2iX129Nfl.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 6
Is that particularly LA? I don't associate LA with healthy hair I must admit :lol:

that and weaves

and also keratin treatments. that Japanese hair straightening is supposed to work wonders.

ok, this is interesting... A friend of mine got recently a keratine treatment that involved being on a hair saloon for many hours & she cannot wash it 'til this Sunday!!

it supposed to bring those things shinny, healthy vibe for at least 3 months... it cost her about 140- 160 Euro (I can't remember well but it was something affordable as that). So far her hair looks amazing but I will ask her how about in a couple of weeks if it's really worth it cause I think on this time of the year and the colour changes I do need one treatment like that so badly!

I've heard and read that Keratin Cause Cancer? :shock:

wow I google it... & sounds scary!... I'd better try to increase vitamins this Fall & instead get the keratin thing my hair stylist has who by the way gave me a mini-capsule to try on my hair and told me to avoid the roots :shock: maybe in the first place to avoid allergies... so instead of that I'll get the protein thing that I use to buy when my hair was looking better...

(I read dif articles one on buzzle.com that was quite in a nutshell one, another in wisegeek.com & well... google it... )

To me, Lauren Conrad has the epitome of Southern California hair.. I see tons of girls with similar hair (and look) every time I'm there (once a week?), reason why I never found her particularly special. It never occurred to me to associate it with health for some reason, just with a lot of treatments, time and money invested at the salon. Hair is far more important than clothes, a girl may be wearing flip-flops and a hoodie, but she'll have fancy red carpet-ready curls. Crazy. :lol:

I think we should have a thread on South American (Brazilian + Argentinian hair), now that's healthy, strong, impossibly long and impossibly gorgeous hair and everyone has it, you go there and suddenly don't feel that cool about trying to imitate Clémence Poésy bed hair, because everyone on the street looks like they're filming a shampoo commercial with a hidden camera :rofl:.

^Note to self: stay away from Brazil. Visit might cause serious damage to confidence. :ninja:

Well back to the Keratin treatment my friend is fine & her hair looks gorgeous!

BTW, one of my best friends is from Brazil & exactly She has an AMAZING hair... she's also quite fanatic of treatment products but anyway she got a fantastic hair to do anything with...

i think the LA look is super shiny everything!...
:lol:...
shiny hair, shiny lips, shiny clothes, etc.......

i love what MP said about brazilian women...
i work with a lot of brazilian models and they are all crazy, ridiculously sexy and glamorous- no matter the occasion or the weather...hair and all...
it's a thing...

but i just enjoy the view and their attitude-
no point in trying to compete with that sort of thing!...
:P

I get myself self-informed about the keratin issue.

it seems that old treatments with it -including the one that my friend got!- contained formaldehyde which is pretty toxic specially for the hairdressers using that constantly more than to the person getting the treatment themselves... but since all those inconveniences and bad reports they have improved so its not that scary/toxic treatment anymore... and i can't wait my hairdressers get it!

does anyone know of a good hairdresser in London that offers an affordable keratin treatment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->