Designers Switching Houses & Moving to New Brands

He's inspired by the luxurious lifestyle of Arabic elites
YFU1_D.gif

Charaf is very talented and quite a visionary in his generation.
It’s not really about Arabic per say, it’s a very French suburbs inspired by luxury brands, infused with African cultures (because he can do a collection by Nigeria too) and Hip Hop. And it’s a very different way to approach streetwear different from the American POV.

I really respect his work. And I think in terms of Art Direction he is probably miles away from the people of his generation.

And the quality of his clothes! I’ve been gifted some pieces and he can be proud of himself.

And he refused the Vuitton job after Virgil.

Can't blame him for refusing Vuitton, I totally understand

Last edited:
Its probably the french amiri 😂 and jacquemus before jacquemus. He can go to Givenchy and lighten it up

So today I heard from super top management that a certain 🐬 is worried about the performance of one house that Lagerfeld was working for and another house that Phoebe was working for, and that they could join these two houses somehow. So, so, so weird. Maybe it ends up being nothing but it’s being considered for sure 🤔

So today I heard from super top management that a certain 🐬 is worried about the performance of one house that Lagerfeld was working for and another house that Phoebe was working for, and that they could join these two houses somehow. So, so, so weird. Maybe it ends up being nothing but it’s being considered for sure 🤔
They're going to merge Fendi and Celine into one company? That doesn't make any sense. How would they even begin to do that?

I think they don’t like Kim at Fendi (no surprise there, who likes it?).

Huhhh ?????

According to Vogue Runway of a recent Lanvin collection, the search is finally over! Expect Lanvin to announce their new artistic director in the next coming days.
Lanvin Resort 2025

BY TINA ISAAC-GOIZÉ
PARIS, JUNE 10, 2024

Amid the upheaval in Paris these days is a quiet gathering of speed at the oldest continuously operating couture house in the world.

Today, Lanvin will unveil its latest store, inside the bustling Galeries Lafayette flagship here. The move, which brings the house its third boutique in the French capital, follows last month’s opening of a store on the Croisette in Cannes (just in time for the Film Festival) and not far from the original address Jeanne Lanvin chose a century ago.

In the days ahead, the house will—finally!—announce the name of its new artistic director. But despite the headrush of a new appointment, it’s worth remembering that the new Lanvin’s next phase is a culmination of two-and-a-half years of careful reframing and rebuilding by deputy managing director Siddhartha Shukla and his team. Judging by the buzziness in the showroom, something is afoot.

“It’s not an overnight thing, but growth is as strong as it’s been in a decade and I believe in the talent of the studio,” Shukla offered during a preview of the new collection. The imminent arrival of a (seasoned) new figurehead, he added, portends not a revolution but rather a re-situating of the maison as a go-to for what made it famous in the first place: le chic ultime.

Suffice to say there’s nary a t-shirt or hoodie in sight. But that doesn’t mean Lanvin is hewing solely to its turf of cocktail and evening wear, though that category remains its strength.

Dance—specifically icons like Isadora Duncan, Martha Graham, and Pina Bausch—inspired cape dresses like a black number torqued and draped at the back hem, another that managed to fuse flou and body-con, and a sage green draped number that looked on-point without giving much away. An embellished silk cady dress dotted with silver starbursts of “Traviata” embroidery picked up on a house motif from the 1920s. A dress with a “flou twist,”anchored by a fluted silver bijou that referenced the bottle of Lanvin’s most famous scent, Arpège (designed by Lanvin herself), was a fine exercise in one-and-done. A daffodil gown with strass-embroidered straps looked like a potential red carpet workhorse; not shown here are other pieces from the Edition Soir evening wear that rise to demi-couture level.

That said, daywear, for both genders, is a priority because, as Shukla points out, “the reality is that people don’t wear evening dresses all day.” Au contraire, as anyone who has meandered through the streets of any major world capital (even Paris) or boarded a plane lately knows all too well.

The “spirit of flou” took shape for example in a lightweight, graceful pantsuit in wool with a drawstring-waisted jacket and deep-cuffed trousers, paired with a crisp leather bucket bag with a swingy, jewel-like keychain. For men, flou might mean a deconstructed jacket. A couple of linen bombers, one with a cocoon shape, looked strong, as did a polo-style “not-sweatshirt.” Trenches in particular looked well-cut, and this season came in double-face salt and pepper cotton-wool mouliné. Very wisely, the brand has foregone conspicuous branding in favor of a squared signifier, variously at the end of a drawstring, on a back belt loop, and elsewhere.

In all, it looked like the studio has been working hard and the groundwork is laid. But ultimate, “radical” chic never comes without a dash of daring, a little sass, and a knowing wink. Here’s hoping the new steward—whomever it may be—can throw all that into the mix. If so, then Lanvin will really land back on the map.
I may have harshly judged Shukla's strategy in the past, but his approach shows business savvy. Restructuring the brand's essential operations and building a new base before moving to deal with the buzz of appointing a creative director is a very smart move, especially in the era of Kering.

i wonder who it will be.. jeremy scott? ppp? tomas maier? pilati? i think i saw some pilati for fendi vibe in the latest collection.

Seasoned. Interesting. If Pilati wasn't so lost I'd root for him.

Although it would be weird to announce his mainstream collab and then going to Lanvin... IDK

Virginie stays for another 1-3 years and then they bring in Daniel Roseberry. That's my completely baseless prediction.

Well, it ended up being 1, not 3. I’m sure I was wrong about DR, though lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seltzeess
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->