Gucci Mens Cruise 2017

Such a large collection. I'm still interested in seeing what he has to say but as someone who bought Gucci, I really really miss Frida's menswear. Not only was the price point better, it was just so clean...

It will be interesting to see how these collections age.

Well the styling is nice and definitely replicable. But does anyone else feel like the novelty of his collections has gone down at a rapid rate? There's no charm anymore.

Yeah, NO.

The rude boy / skinhead aesthetic does NOT work with his tired one trick pony cutesy thing, this is horrible and WHY so many looks? it feels like looking at the same 4 outfits over and over again

horrible

Still not into it. The collection feels like his interpretation of other people's successs stories.

Here's how I imagine the design meetings.

What should we do this season that's easy to sell? Kenzo's tiger sweaters were big with the instagram crowd once,let's give them a different cat! For #caturdays ootd! Maybe a black panther. Like Puma but more fashion. Embroidere them! Or have the tigers from a side profile! How clever am I? Make sure they're on everything so that if the fashion wont buy the sweater, they'll get the shoes or the handkerchief or the socks! And yes, put them on on bomber jackets, leather jackets, on everything. But just dont do too much. One embroidery, just one, on something very basic. Give me some Tom Ford on the suits, but not so fitted. It's ok, they can fit the pants themselves when they buy it. Also trench coats! Like Burberry. Just add embroidery. London is cool no? So put some union jack in somewhere. Remember.. please get all the basic trends covered! Florals, studs, normcore, bright colors, color block..everything. I want the new Gucci to be styled like Liberace as One Direction. No worries, people wont buy the whole look but they will think we're edgy and shd be hard to pull off but when its hard to wear, all the tumblr/instagram fashion queens will try very hard to do it! Also make sure we have lots of black things with embossed logo or embroidery for the store ya! They will sell. Ok see you next week. Ciao.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that. It was nice the first time. But it gets old pretty quickly. I becomes a one-trick pony and doesn't show how he evolves as a designer.

I like what i see. Overstyled as always but Alessandro Michele's styling works, too many good pieces. I like what he does.
Yes, maybe he is a one trick Pony but all this works, the People likes his collections.
and live all this Looks better as on the photos.

Still not into it. The collection feels like his interpretation of other people's successs stories.

What should we do this season that's easy to sell? Kenzo's tiger sweaters were big with the instagram crowd once,let's give them a different cat! For #caturdays ootd! Maybe a black panther. Like Puma but more fashion. Embroidere them! Or have the tigers from a side profile! How clever am I? Make sure they're on everything so that if the fashion wont buy the sweater, they'll get the shoes or the handkerchief or the socks! And yes, put them on on bomber jackets, leather jackets, on everything. But just dont do too much. One embroidery, just one, on something very basic. Give me some Tom Ford on the suits, but not so fitted. It's ok, they can fit the pants themselves when they buy it. Also trench coats! Like Burberry. Just add embroidery. London is cool no? So put some union jack in somewhere. Remember.. please get all the basic trends covered! Florals, studs, normcore, bright colors, color block..everything. I want the new Gucci to be styled like Liberace as One Direction. No worries, people wont buy the whole look but they will think we're edgy and shd be hard to pull off but when its hard to wear, all the tumblr/instagram fashion queens will try very hard to do it! Also make sure we have lots of black things with embossed logo or embroidery for the store ya! They will sell. Ok see you next week. Ciao.

these and also throw in Paul and Joe, Antonio Marras and the likes.
like Spike said above, these can be had for a fraction of the price at mid point price labels.
that second black trench for example, why should anyone get it from a brand like Gucci, so what if the linings are pretty?:angry:

Maybe your Imagination has something from reality but not in Alessandro's case. He loves what he do, he is not a "Diva".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->