Influential Females of the fashion world 2015

If we're still continuing about influential models in the business, why hasn't someone said Naomi Campbell? Aside from being one of the first African American supermodels of our generation (throwing that in there because I know someone is going to debate me with the whole Beverly Johnson was the first African American model to appear on Vogue and Iman), she organized Fashion for Relief, has done work with South Africa, etc. Alek Wek also opened doors for darker African American models.

And yes, Kate is everything!

If we're still continuing about influential models in the business, why hasn't someone said Naomi Campbell? Aside from being one of the first African American supermodels of our generation (throwing that in there because I know someone is going to debate me with the whole Beverly Johnson was the first African American model to appear on Vogue and Iman), she organized Fashion for Relief, has done work with South Africa, etc. Alek Wek also opened doors for darker African American models.

And yes, Kate is everything!
We are actually talking about any females in fashion who are influential this year, 2015 but I agree with your that Naomi Campbell is probably still an influence and a role model, based not only on her work as a model of color, but more importantly using her celebrity for humanitarian causes in the past.

Fashion Influencers

I think Heidi Clum is very influential! She has been in so many aspects of the Fashion Industry-- Modeling, Business Ect. She is definately a leader to be followed
Heidi-Klum.jpg

I have another question, should we focus on people who have influence on the fashion world, or people from the fashion world who have influence in other areas? The title of the tread is very open.

Heidi, for example, is from the fashion world, but I wouldn't say her main influence was within fashion these days. She is a business woman in my eyes. (I don't consider fashion reality shows/competitions to have much to do with the fashion world, personally. It is entertainment)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have another question, should we focus on people who have influence on the fashion world, or people from the fashion world who have influence in other areas? The title of the tread is very open.

Heidi, for example, is from the fashion world, but I wouldn't say her main influence was within fashion these days. She is a business woman in my eyes. (I don't consider fashion reality shows/competitions to have much to do with the fashion world, personally. It is entertainment)

Very valid question and good example with Heidi! Also, not to create more confusion, but shouldnt we be looking at 2014 instead? We've not reached June yet, so I cannot think of influential women in 2015. In 2014, perhaps. Natalia Vodianova immediately comes to mind. Maybe Venetia S, A Doletskaya and Cass B as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriss00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->