Models.com 10 Best New Faces NYC Fall 2005

Sloan

I love model_mom!
Reaction score
All picture/information from: http://models.com/oftheminute/

They name their picks for the top 10 Best New Faces.

doutzen8cx.jpg

Doutzen/DNA. Vogue Italia Feb 05. Ph Meisel. On Sept, 12, 2003 MDC’s dashed to document Dutch beauty Doutzen as one of the most fetching MOTW we ever came across. Now almost 18 months later, this ultra-gorgeous girl is logging serious studio time with Steven Meisel, starting with last month’s US Vogue debut and now this stunning Italian Vogue cover that is sure to send her bookings soaring. Proof that true beauty is not a one-size-fits-all proposition and that a gorgeous girl is an undeniable thing.

inguna7hc.jpg

Inguna/Women. Image courtesy of Women She’s the MOTW right this minute and to cut to the chase, this girl is
so major, after this post goes up, room has to be cleared on the Top 50
Models
countdown to accomodate all this model perfection!

vlada6lk.jpg

Vlada/Women. Image courtesy of Women

Vlada walked into the MDC casting and floated impeccably down the imaginary catwalk as a blur of incandescent beauty and blazing eyes. As her card notes testifies she was instantly in as one of the Ten Best New Faces of the season and double marked as "wicked" to boot.

more from models.com

breanna3xj.jpg

Breanna/Women.Image courtesy of Women

You have to love a girl who lifts up a tedious casting with her dead-on
eye contact, easy conversation, perfect walk and a major sense of
self-presentation. This Canadian cutie slinked out of the room and we
scribbled on her card "Genius personality and a dream fit for clothes".
She’s quite the find.

BiancaCard205.jpg

Bianca/IMG. Show Card courtesy of IMG

Last week’s OTM featured the well-timed Numero cover of IMG break-out star Bianca, but her European show mileage already had in her in the leading position for girl-most-wanted. That imposibly sculpted bone structure has all the hallmarks of destiny. She’s a star!

Jessian’s Shimmering

February 4th, 2005 by wayne
jessiannshowcard1.jpg

Jesiann/Ford Image courtesy of Ford NY

This cool, self-posessed beauty had a breakthrough S/S 05 season in Paris and racked up a gorgeous Only Girl gig in Numero with Greg Kadel, just in time for the shows. Canada’s latest ingenue proved at her casting that she was more than ready for the spotlight.

Eloise This Instant!

ea7m.jpg

Eloise/Ford Image courtesy of Ford NY

She’s English, brash (at least at the MDC casting) and utterly in the right place at the right time. With the crackle in this girl’s eyes signaling "raw ambition", we expect to see in her in the very best magazines(like the current W w. Inez and Vinoodh) and on the bluest of blue chip runways! Instantly!

Anja’s Audacious

Anja3.jpg

Anja/Next Image courtesy of Next NY

You saw her here first on OTM last year, when she was a mere fledgling in her first Polaroids. Now with this high glam Chloe ad circulating in the glossies, rest assured that amazing Anja is skimming the creme de la creme when it comes to her red hot show options.

Hye’s Heights

014.jpg

Hye/Trump. Image courtesy of Trump Management

Having a very audacious week is Trump’s break-out star Hye whose burnished beauty has locked a very enviable set of bookings. We can’t wait to see her unique presence on the runways.

Ruslana Rising

ruslana1104a.jpg

Ruslana/Marilyn. Image courtesy of Marilyn NY

You must remember Marilyn’s luminous Ruslana from that breakthrough W story shot by Mario Sorrenti. God knows all the key casting directors in NY do . Expect to see her eerie beauty shimmering in all the right shows next week….Also next week, stay tuned for our 5 spoilers, cool girls so quirky and individual, they could turn the tables on the "politically correct" 10 Best New Faces and sweep their way to the best shows. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the article Sloan! :flower:

It's just insanely funny to read the descriptions made of models on that website, the adjectives they use are always overly exaggerated. Like just look at all the qualitities they give out, it's like they are describing a goddess or something, it's like calm down. :lol:

Kimkhuu said:
Thanks for the article Sloan! :flower:

It's just insanely funny to read the descriptions made of models on that website, the adjectives they use are always overly exaggerated. Like just look at all the qualitities they give out, it's like they are describing a goddess or something, it's like calm down. :lol:

I know what you mean. After reading the descriptions, I am sometimes like: :huh:. I guess that you run out of words to use! :lol:

I am so glad that Doutzen is getting the recognition that she deserves. She is beautiful! :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the word they're using:

Last week’s OTM featured the well-timed Numero cover of IMG break-out star Bianca, but her European show mileage already had in her in the leading position for girl-most-wanted. That imposibly sculpted bone structure has all the hallmarks of destiny. She’s a star!

Thanks sweetie, the pics are great, and those girls are beautiful. I wish them luck.

I like Anja, Vlada, and Doutzen. I'm not so sure about Ruslana though.

WWD Weekend posted a similar article today:
Saturday, February 05, 2005
Show Girls
The fall collections are officially under way, and they’ve brought into town a stream of fresh young models from across the world. Here, 13 faces who’ll no doubt get major play on the catwalks. By David Yassky

Photos by David Turner; Hair and Makeup by Sara Glick for Armani Cosmetics and Kathryn Malecci; Styled By David Yassky

020505_1p.jpg

020505_2p.jpg

Roberta Martina at Women, from Belo-Horizonte, Brazil, 18, 5’10.

020505_3p.jpg

Sessilee at IMG, from Philadelphia, 16, 5’10.

020505_4p.jpg

Karen Trevisol at Women, from Sao Bento, Brazil, 15, 5’10.

020505_5p.jpg

Aurelia Gliwska at DNA, from Perth, Australia, 19, 5’9.5.

020505_6p.jpg

Martina Pavolska at Supreme, from Skopje, Macedonia, 20, 5’10.5.

020505_7p.jpg

Autumn Hyle at Supreme, from San Diego, 16, 5’11.

020505_8p.jpg

Lindsay Lullman at Elite, from St. Louis, 16, 5’10.

020505_9p.jpg

Alana Bunte at Women, from Laguna Beach, Calif., 16, 5’10.

020505_10p.jpg

Elena Baguci at Marilyn, from Bucharest, Romania, 18, 5’11.

020505_11p.jpg

Cheyenne Tozzi at New York Models, from Sydney, 16, 5’10.

020505_12p.jpg

Alexandra Agoston-O’Connor at Next, from Sydney, 16, 5’11.5.

020505_13p.jpg

Agnes Buzala at Next, from Luban, Poland, 16, 5’11.

020505_14p.jpg

Hye Park at Trump, from Seoul, 20, 5’11.

the new girls are really pretty. thanks for the article>>

hye-rim is from utah! and this is martina pavlovska's 4th or 5th season in nyc...
glad to see elena though.

Kimkhuu said:
Look at the word they're using:

lol, they do tend to embellish a little, don't they? :P Love Inguna, Bianca, Vlada & Anya and Hye :heart: :flower:

I'm sure Roberta will be big. She won a modelling contest in Brazil and she's definitely a strong face for this year.

the last time i heard anything about sessilee she was 18...:unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seltzeess
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->