Tom Ford S/S 2024 Milan

Seeing that the first items of this collection have arrived in stores and online, I thought to give my opinion on the offering.
The first thing to note is that the styling has improved tremendously. It doesn't feel as overly decorated (hair, makeup, accessories) as it did during the Ford era and online experince is much better for it.

Starting with the womenswear, which seems to be most radical change, the first thing I notice is that everything seems less precious. There seems to be a heavier focus on offering reliable separates and outerwear with the eveningwear being very pared back, which is a smart move. There's definitely a strong 90s Gucci influence throughout, as seen in the column dresses, silk shirts and bootcut pantlegs. A good idea, going forward, would be to continue along this vein, but to do these styles in daywear fabrics to touch a larger audience. Understandably, very little has changed in terms of menswear. Lots of the styles mirror those of the womenswear, which seems to be the general goal here anyway.

There seems to be a new bag line called the "Whitney". It has a nice design, but I worry that it's not unique or recognisable enough to stand out, which will be needed to reach the brand's €2bn goal. On the other hand, the shoe designs are really strong and are a nice step-up from the trendy strappy sandals I've seen other brands offer. The accessories are equally strong, but what really stood out to me was the Hera Belt. It's a nod to Gucci FW'96, but that rounded buckle feature has the potential to be reused on bags and shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VITO300
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->