How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

wow shes lookin good

16-02-2012
V.I.P.

I think she could rock that look if it lost a little of the volume, her hairstylist needs to thin it out a bit
right now she's looking like a mushroom top

16-02-2012
front row

Can't say I like her new hair, at least not the way that it is styled right now.

tfs star

tumblr/glendafm

28-03-2012
tfs star

tumblr/julienedwards

Last edited by KasiaPL; 28-03-2012 at 08:35 AM.
16-07-2012
backstage pass

the haircut is awful

03-03-2013
tfs star

Quote:
New girl on the block

Throw in a uncanny likeness to Tina Turner and you've got 33-year-old Amerie Rogers, who has just signed a new record contract said to be worth over $20 million.

"They're always comparing me with someone,"Amerie smiles. . "It's very nice and flattering but a bit insane. I don't want to be the new anyone óThere's no need for new versions of all these singers. The originals are doing very nicely, thank you!

So is Amerie. Her new album, Cymatika, is high in the charts and so is her single Everytime. Another album, The Prelude, is due out later in the year, and there's a major stadium tour on the cards too. Her personal life has never been better, either ó she married her manager Lenny Nicholson, last summer and they are currently house-hunting in Los Angeles.

And only the other day Robbie Williams met Amerie at a party and said that she would have swept him off his feetó if he hadn't already had a wife and a baby! "He came up to me and said he loved my music," Amerie says. "I had no idea who he was until he had walked away and someone told me ó It's very nice and very flattering!"

Some would say it's just giving the girl the recognition she deserves: since bursting on to the pop scene five years ago she has rarely been out of the top ten.

Her first album, All I have, went gold in three weeks and her second, Touch, stayed in the charts for nearly six months.

A classically-trained singer with a range of three octaves and an honours graduate in English and fine arts from Georgetown, one of America's top universities, Amerie writes all her own material and is currently working on yet another new album due out before Christmas.

Nor is that the limit of her latent ó Amerie is now an actress, too. After several successful TV roles she made a hit in the movie First Daughter with Michael Keaton and Katie Holmes, ex-wife of Tom Cruise.

"I really like Katie," she says. She's a very sweet straight sort of a girl but we haven't met up for months because both our schedules are so crazy.

Despite being recently voted America's sexiest singer, Amerie comes from a strict Baptist family Amerie and moved around throughout her childhood. Her African/Korean father was an intelligence expert in the US military and was stationed in Germany and Alaska as well as the US.

"I became a very self-contained child," she remembers." We lived on military bases and I was always very well organised ó I had decided I wanted to be a lawyer when I grew up.
"I had classic paintings on my bedroom walls and loads of books all lined up according to size. On the other hand my sister Angela was a typical teenager ó her room was untidy and had pop stars' pictures all over the walls. Ironically she became a lawyer and I became a pop singer!"

Amerie remembers the early days when she sang in some pretty rough clubs.
"The customers would get pretty drunk and start throwing things but I would just keep on singing.It was tough but wonderful training!" she says.

"A lot of people are surprised that I graduated from a good university but it makes me feel good to have a degree and going to college widened my horizons and helped me grow up."

Currently, Amerie is discussing a major tour, another movie and a contract for three albums. There's also a possibility that she will become the face and figure of a leading fashion house.
timesofoman.com

Can't wait!

03-03-2013
tfs star

twitter.com/ItsAmeriie

03-03-2013
V.I.P.

That entire article sounds like it was written by her publicist (or possibly her mother)
There is no record company around that would ever EVER sign a $20 million contract
for an artist that has no real fan base and hasn't had a hit song in ten years

Sorry Amerie but you are not fooling anyone

03-03-2013
tfs star

Agree with you. This is really strange article. I hope Ameriie had nothing to do with this. I prefer to think that the person who wrote it is a big fan of her.

Quote:
Her new album, Cymatika, is high in the charts and so is her single Everytime.
This sentence is really interesting .

Nonetheless, still love her. I think she's very talented. Her voice is amazing. I hope her music will return to the charts.

03-03-2013
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
That entire article sounds like it was written by her publicist (or possibly her mother)
There is no record company around that would ever EVER sign a $20 million contract
for an artist that has no real fan base and hasn't had a hit song in ten years

Sorry Amerie but you are not fooling anyone
the music industry is now about creating artistes and shoving them down peoples throats till the people have no choice but to like them. Am sure they can make her a hitmaker if they invest some effort in her tho the $20m sounds rather high or else she might be into some Arab money considering that the article was written for Oman times

Last edited by Urban Stylin; 03-03-2013 at 03:51 PM.
03-03-2013
tfs star

twitter.com/ItsAmeriie

08-03-2013
front row

I'm looking forward to hearing this album. She has an amazing voice. I've seen her perform before.

10-03-2013
tfs star

twitter.com/ItsAmeriie

28-06-2013
tfs star

Ameriie performing live in Dubai at Cirque du Soir:

ukmix.org

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
amerie