How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-02-2013
fashion elite

Speaking of her performance, I loved the leather bodysuit she wore, it was made by Rubin Singer, a fairly new designer but he has worked with Beyonce a couple times.

Since she announced her new tour I can't wait to see her costumes, jopefully Singer does something for it, and based on that promo picture she seems to have gotten Thierry Mugler on board again as well. I can't wait!

Here are some pics of the Superbowl outfit.

Sketch

Fittings

Rubin Singer and Beyonce backstage

vidayestilo.terra.es

04-02-2013
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Her stage outfit last night was incredible! Definitely fierce. Kudos to Singer.

rising star

I used to like her back in her DC days but not so much anymore. And honestly I don't get all the praise she has been getting for the Superbowl half time show. It wasn't bad but it certainly wasn't out of this world. For all the hype surrounding that performance I was expecting at least something new or exciting. But she spent all that time rehearsing the same old routines she has been doing for years. Same hair, same leotard, and same nude color fishnets.

Last edited by musicjunkie; 04-02-2013 at 10:08 PM.
05-02-2013
tfs star

^God, I don't know how many times I have read the same exact comments, and always come from the ones who don't really like her. And that generalizing...like really now?

She slayed. Thats that.

05-02-2013
V.I.P.

^ I agree didn't think it was anything amazing, obviously I thought she was really good though! and I always hate her stage outfits :/
And I am a B fan.
Michelle trying to dance single ladies was my fav bit hahaha

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I have been watching most of her live shows and have to disagree with whoever said that her shows are always the same. This show had totally different choreography and lighting from her show last year where she did the same songs. The costume was awesome too, the lace was a surprise accent

backstage pass

love her superbowl outfit!

06-02-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiqary View Post
^God, I don't know how many times I have read the same exact comments, and always come from the ones who don't really like her. And that generalizing...like really now?

She slayed. Thats that.
Why is it that every time someone dares to say Beyonce is anything less than perfect ppl get so defensive? Like I said this particular performance was ok but nothing to fawn over.

06-02-2013
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust1603 View Post
Do you know what else I loved about it? The fact that every single person on that stage was a woman. Not only does she sing about the strength of women, she shows it.
I agree with this statement SO much. Honestly, it was amazing to see all those women on stage; from Beyonce, her DC bandmates, to the backup singers, musicians and dancers. It seems like she really practices what she preaches, which is empowerment and support of other women. I know at times it can be argued that some of her songs and whatnot have been problematic but when I see things like an all women half-time performance that's what makes me think that she is genuine, even if she has made mistakes (and goodness knows we've all made mistakes before). All the women gave it their all during the show and it really showed (also, side-note, I can't be the only one thinking Beyonce's guitarist was a total bad*** playing a guitar shooting out sparks, right?).

V.I.P.

iam.beyonce.com

07-02-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicjunkie View Post
Why is it that every time someone dares to say Beyonce is anything less than perfect ppl get so defensive? Like I said this particular performance was ok but nothing to fawn over.
Ermm cause you complain? Giving irrational reasons to not like her(her performance).

Like you saying "I used to like her back in her DC days". Ermmm ok I already know where you're going with the rest of your comment.

"But she spent all that time rehearsing the same old routines she has been doing for years.". You think it is easy to learn new choreography? When she have to do like TONS of blueprint for the show? Also the same old routines are just like the songs, meaning that the songs are iconic, and the moves are also the same. Like for example the CIL dance, the choreography for that is famous and well known, so she did that.

"Same hair, same leotard, and same nude color fishnets" Like really now? What do you want her to wear? Its just that ya'll don't get her and don't know her. Its her style! Like how other artists have their own style.

The point is she did her thing, don't care about the routine, hair, outfits, just her there delivering EVERYTHING was enough, I mean that is her talent and she showcased it really well, and some people don't see that and just complaining, complain about the small matters and stuff.

07-02-2013
V.I.P.

I was also expecting something new. The performance was good but outdated.

07-02-2013
fashion elite

While I did expect a new song on her setlist, most half time show performers do older material that the general public is familiar with. Madonna as the exception, I can't think of a performer who debuted a "new" single while headlining.

07-02-2013
tfs star

Nice video.

Last edited by fiqary; 07-02-2013 at 09:21 PM.
08-02-2013
fashion elite

Beyonce for VOGUE ..... I hate it when she does things like this

(Facebook)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beyonce, knowles