How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-01-2014
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

WOW! What a couple of amazing performers. Awesome performance. Thanks for the photos.

28-01-2014
front row

Power couple indeed but awful dress ! I think she had to wear it because of some Project runaway thing no? The designer is supposed to be a winner of some show??

V.I.P.

The white dress is by Michael Costello

fashion elite

I didn't like the dress, it looked cheaply made, she could have chosen one of the hundreds from Elie Saab that this one is based off.

She was supposed to have some sort of waterfall during her performance but it didn't go off hence the wet hair look.

29-01-2014
V.I.P.

she looked so ridiculously hot in that performance it was off. the. chain.

i think perhaps due to her age and the fact that she's a 'grown woman', married with a kid, etc. -- she can do this kind of really heightened sexualized performance and it doesn't remotely come off as desperate or self-exploitation or whatever. she really seems to have ownership over her sensuality and it's less about showing off for the pleasure of some man and more about her enjoying her own sex appeal.

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

loved the dress its nice for her to wear something other than the expected Versace or Cavalli and it wa s a perfect fit too

30-01-2014
V.I.P.

Nice dress but it is so similar to Jlo´s last year Golden Globe awards dress.
But Beyonce´s hair style and make up- pure trash and disaster.

V.I.P.

I only just watched that performance ()... her butt looked amazing, wow (credit where credit's due ), and kind of liked the song too and I absolutely see what happycanadian's saying about having a stripper presentation and somehow still looking in charge and like you understand exactly what you're selling and love it. In a way it's the kind of thing Gisele emitted in modeling. It's strangely liberating to see.

That said, I've seen a few bits of her new stuff here and there and I feel like she's trying too hard to reach a new audience (younger, trendier)... I mean, her songs, titles, style of her recent videos gives me Rihanna deja vus and that performance, especially the choreography is so Drake + Rihanna at the Grammys back in 2011 (or 2010, can't remember). I think she's going through that phase where she's freaking out about being passé and going to unnecessary lengths to avoid it.

Last edited by MulletProof; 31-01-2014 at 01:32 AM.
02-02-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Beyonce hits the stage for a surprise performance at her husband Jay Z‘s concert during the DirecTV Super Saturday Night event held at Pier 40 on Saturday (February 1) in New York City.

FYI: Beyonce is wearing a Tom Ford dress, Christian Louboutin shoes, and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry.

justjared.com

fashion elite

She looks to be in the best shape of her life, her legs look really long, her bum is so toned, her waist is just out of this world and she's so curvy but has such a notable thigh gap, go Beyonce!

03-02-2014
fashion elite

She's wearing Roberto Cavalli SS14

style.com

03-02-2014
V.I.P.

TbH i don´t like her transformation. It is so much overdone, so much of trash and showing herself in a way that seems to be over the world. I don´t believe her to play this ,,i am normal and shy girl,, anymore.
I prefer her as a persons aswell her fashion style years back.

fashion insider

I completely disagree. What I love about her new album and transformation is how free she is in her sexuality and how in control she is. For example the Drunk in Love music video is sexy but it's beautiful to see Beyonce so free and comfortable with herself. She will always do it better than those she's compared with, Rihanna etc, but she has talent and she actually gives a damn.

03-02-2014
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versace-Goddess View Post
TbH i don´t like her transformation. It is so much overdone, so much of trash and showing herself in a way that seems to be over the world. I don´t believe her to play this ,,i am normal and shy girl,, anymore.
I prefer her as a persons aswell her fashion style years back.
This new Beyonce seems to be much more comfortable with herself, and ironically less contrived.

It seems like such a natural step for her, after becoming a mother, a wife, and progressing in her career she is at a spot where she can let her hair down and do what she wants, even if it includes being a bit more freaky and daring. Before she was much more calculated about her actions and striving to be perfect. She would always be polite, stay in line, watch what she does, stay clear of scandals, plan her moves in advance and take precautions.

Not to say she doesn't do so now, she still keeps her morals and precautions in mind, she cares about her legacy and what she stands for, arguably more than any other pop star out there today, but she seems more free and willing to share more.

When you think of Beyonce, you think of something out of this world, that's why she's Beyonce and that gives her that extra oomph that us mortals don't have, I can't think of Beyonce as a "shy and normal average woman", she lives an amazing life, a fantasy really, and when she does show that she does things like any other human being, that's a shocking in itself.

She has shown great progression in her music and her you can see why based on what we know about her life thanks to her celebrity status. It's easy to tie in some credibility and depth to the music she delivers.

03-02-2014
V.I.P.

at Super Bowl

dailymail.co.uk

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beyonce, knowles