How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

Beyonce: 'Run the World (Girls)' Video Premiere!
Check out the video for Beyonce’s latest single, “Run the World (Girls)“!

The 29-year-old entertainer fights off the enemy in style, rocking couture by Givenchy and Norma Kamali in the Francis Lawrence-directed video.

“[The song is] definitely riskier than something a bit more … simple,” Beyonce recently told Billboard.com about the song, which is off her upcoming album, 4.

“I just heard the track and loved that it was so different. It felt a bit African, a bit electronic and futuristic. It reminded me of what I love, which is mixing different cultures and eras - things that typically don’t go together - to create a new sound,” she shared.

In case you missed it, check out JustJared.com’s exclusive preview of 4!
justjared

19-05-2011
tfs star

The video… wasn’t anything too exciting. The only thing great about the video was the fact that she looked amazing in her costumes. The choreography was fine but I still hate her song. Too much tempo, she's screaming - that's all!
Since "Dangerously In Love" and Destiny's Child her music is not the same. I miss the old Beyonce .

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

Wed, 18 May 2011 Beyonce: '4' Album Artwork Revealed!
Check out the artwork for Beyonce’s highly anticipated album 4!

The title of the album signifies not only the Bey’s fourth solo offering and the day of her birth, but it is also a personal gift to her fans.

Beyonce’s fans have been urging her to name the album for her special number for over a year now!

Earlier in the evening, the 29-year-old entertainer debuted the video for her single “Run the World (Girls)” during American Idol. Bey also served as the guest mentor of the night!

Bigger album artwork inside…
Justjared

Last edited by Kenysha75; 19-05-2011 at 07:35 AM.

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

that is such a hot cover(?) it looks like it could be a magazine cover

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

^It could be a magazine cover, but as an album cover it's underwhelming, to say the least. This is turning out to be NOT Beyonce era at all. She has yet to get anything right.

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

Disappointed in how the poorly the video was directed. The album cover isn't anything special either.

19-05-2011
fashion elite

This video is amazing.The clothing,the attitude,the dancing.I love everything and that song is my new jam.But that album cover is a no no.

19-05-2011
fashion elite

We know she can do everything "right" by pop standards yet she's choosing not to do so and being unapologetic about it.

And the fashion as well, she knows what Haute Couture means and she doesn't care, she's getting that JPG outfit wet, she's getting that delicate Givenchy HC dress dirty with sand, She ripped that yellow Pucci dress, she's using combat boots with the green Pucci as opposed to "pretty" heels that can compliment it.... I love it!

19-05-2011
tfs star

I have to say this is not looking like it's going to be a great era for Beyonce. Terrible song and video.

When did she become such a fashion diva? I loved everything she wore, but it was so incoherent. Givenchy, McQueen, Gareth Pugh, Pucci, Gaultier. They didn't go well together and it all seemed too random to me. It came off as if she just wanted to wear the best dresses and that's it.

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives927 View Post
I have to say this is not looking like it's going to be a great era for Beyonce. Terrible song and video.

When did she become such a fashion diva? I loved everything she wore, but it was so incoherent. Givenchy, McQueen, Gareth Pugh, Pucci, Gaultier. They didn't go well together and it all seemed too random to me. It came off as if she just wanted to wear the best dresses and that's it.
I agree, that's why I compared her to a tame Gaga. Gaga at least has the balls to go all the way crazy and not care whether people love her or hate her. Unfortunately it seems like Beyonce has an image to sell and uphold so it comes across as a little fake because she's not going all the way.

I'm hopeful that her second single will be better

Last edited by fantastical; 19-05-2011 at 07:30 PM.

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

I actually thought the video was really good. I've been avoiding the song until the video was released and I didn't like it at all, but I thought the video was pretty fierce. Her costumes were amazing and the choreography was cool...girl had a lion and hyenas in the video. I'm really interested to see this direction she's going in because it's not as "safe" as her previous albums and I'm glad she's taking some risks. She's established enough by now that she can afford to do so.

19-05-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
^It could be a magazine cover, but as an album cover it's underwhelming, to say the least. This is turning out to be NOT Beyonce era at all. She has yet to get anything right.
Agree with you!

19-05-2011
Automated Thread Manager

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, beyonce, knowles, march