How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-06-2011
trendsetter

^I actually like the Run The World performance but End of Time just screams summer hit. I dont think she needs to change anything, she has charisma and confidence to the nth power..

* Alec Wek - Mariaclara Boscono - Natasha Poly - Karen Elson - Sascha P*

27-06-2011
fashion elite

Honestly, nothing on the album is tailored to be a hit and I'm sure it was on purpose, well not on purpose but I don't think that getting hits was her main priority this time around, she seems like she was more focused on making an album with songs for herself and the fans as opposed to the general audience, though she seems to be going after the general audience with her performances (The huge Billboard Performance, vocals on American Idol, Glastonbury, shows in France and other music Festivals across Europe...)

There is a rumor that her tour dates will be announced soon.

27-06-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Am actually glad that she never sets out to make hits but music. Hits are that repetitive pop thats all over the radio which she never does that's why shes in a class of her own

27-06-2011
trendsetter

This is what sets Beyonce apart though. Katy, Rihanna,Kesha, to some extent (sorry) Gaga are of the time and do you thinkj they will be touring in years to come. Beyonce doesent do the eurosynth music to get a hit. She does music she knows her fanbase like. and apparently there are hits on the album, its number one on Itunes in about 10 countries and top 10 in every country. I think the biggest hit could be "Best", "I Care", "Love on Top" and "Countdown".

27-06-2011
front row

Just got back from glasto, i am more in love than ever with B! Was hoping to find a few candids of her and Jay z from the festival. Love the one of them watching coldplay!

27-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentricity View Post
This is what sets Beyonce apart though. Katy, Rihanna,Kesha, to some extent (sorry) Gaga are of the time and do you thinkj they will be touring in years to come. Beyonce doesent do the eurosynth music to get a hit. She does music she knows her fanbase like. and apparently there are hits on the album, its number one on Itunes in about 10 countries and top 10 in every country. I think the biggest hit could be "Best", "I Care", "Love on Top" and "Countdown".
I disagree, I think that's what "Girls who run the World" was supposed to be actually, which (aside from her trying to make another female empowerment song ala independent women) I can't really understand why it was a first single other than the fact that it does fit in with the Eurosynth songs that katy, rihanna, and gaga are all doing right now.

but I definitely agree with your favorites, as they are the same as mine. Love on Top just puts me in such a good mood and Countdown is sooo darn catchy I'm singing it all throughout the day

27-06-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Glastonbury made me love Beyoncé even more thatn more than more! It's so beautiful! She's such an amazing performer
Posted via Mobile Device

28-06-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
I disagree, I think that's what "Girls who run the World" was supposed to be actually, which (aside from her trying to make another female empowerment song ala independent women) I can't really understand why it was a first single other than the fact that it does fit in with the Eurosynth songs that katy, rihanna, and gaga are all doing right now.

but I definitely agree with your favorites, as they are the same as mine. Love on Top just puts me in such a good mood and Countdown is sooo darn catchy I'm singing it all throughout the day
I dont think run the world has any Eurosynth elements in it. It has more tribal and dancehall elements than pop

28-06-2011
V.I.P.

Beyonce Knowles arriving at a office building in Camden London June 27, 2011

tlfan

28-06-2011
V.I.P.

Beyonce Knowles shopping in Harrods in London June 27, 2011

tlfan

28-06-2011
windowshopping

Guys this album is actually packed with hits. And we will see it soon. And Glastonbury was amazing. She is truly perfect. And always so humble.
I think those orange dress are Jil Sander S/S 2011 btw. And it was for Piers Morgan show. That was funny.

28-06-2011
V.I.P.

I really don´t like the hair.

28-06-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

currently buying 4 on Itunes..too bad my net is so slow!

28-06-2011
scenester

I love the woman she has become. She embodies perfection. Not to mention that she works very hard to stay at this level. I luv her !

28-06-2011
trendsetter

^yes very humble indeed

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, beyonce, january, knowles