How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-04-2012
V.I.P.

cute vacation outfits. love them both, especially the last one

09-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora View Post
Beyonce and Jay-Z on vacation in St. Barts (April 8).

celebrity-gossip.net
nice sunnies

10-04-2012
V.I.P.

Beyonce and Jay Z relaxing on the beach in St. Barts (April 9).

celebrity-gossip.net

10-04-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

the clothes in 719 are unflattering for both of them

11-04-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versace-Goddess View Post
the blue earrings with the matching ring- stunner.
Completely agree !

12-04-2012
V.I.P.

my roommate is obsessed with Beyonce. i've been obsessed with Whitney since i was 9 years old (so roughly 20-years-ago...ugh) and so essentially my roomie has had to vicariously mourn Whitney's death with me as i've been playing her music non-stop and making him watch endless youtube videos.

i had grown a bit more fond of Beyonce since her extremely eloquent and heartfelt message after Whitney died. so how could i say no, when finally he was like, "ok! ok! now it's your turn." obviously, i've seen Beyonce perform on shows and i accept that she's the lovechild of Tina and MJ and probably the biggest music entertainer on the planet at the moment. but i had never entered into her "fandom" world. so he made me watch her Glastonbury performance. in full. start-to-finish.

i was absolutely astonished.

somehow - i just had no idea that she was as outrageously talented as all that. i mean, it was INSANE to watch. she's bringing the full-on stage presence power diva electricity performance like *BAM!* seriously. on fire.

then i asked him what else he had and i sat and watched the entire dvd of the "I Am..." world tour. this is like 3 1/2 hours of Beyonce NON-STOP. sorta crazy, i know.

but i am now. officially. a FAN. a big one! she'll never take the place of my number one diva (RIP). nobody ever can or will. but i'm SO thankful that we've got a Beyonce and i think she deserves all the accolades and respect and love that she gets from 'round the world. she's a great role model and an exceptional star. burning brighter and brighter.

12-04-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
my roommate is obsessed with Beyonce. i've been obsessed with Whitney since i was 9 years old (so roughly 20-years-ago...ugh) and so essentially my roomie has had to vicariously mourn Whitney's death with me as i've been playing her music non-stop and making him watch endless youtube videos.

i had grown a bit more fond of Beyonce since her extremely eloquent and heartfelt message after Whitney died. so how could i say no, when finally he was like, "ok! ok! now it's your turn." obviously, i've seen Beyonce perform on shows and i accept that she's the lovechild of Tina and MJ and probably the biggest music entertainer on the planet at the moment. but i had never entered into her "fandom" world. so he made me watch her Glastonbury performance. in full. start-to-finish.

i was absolutely astonished.

somehow - i just had no idea that she was as outrageously talented as all that. i mean, it was INSANE to watch. she's bringing the full-on stage presence power diva electricity performance like *BAM!* seriously. on fire.

then i asked him what else he had and i sat and watched the entire dvd of the "I Am..." world tour. this is like 3 1/2 hours of Beyonce NON-STOP. sorta crazy, i know.

but i am now. officially. a FAN. a big one! she'll never take the place of my number one diva (RIP). nobody ever can or will. but i'm SO thankful that we've got a Beyonce and i think she deserves all the accolades and respect and love that she gets from 'round the world. she's a great role model and an exceptional star. burning brighter and brighter.
I'm glad you appreciate her talent (which personally I think is lacking in current mainstream music) and it's so rare, but she keeps an honorary aspect to previous musicians/performers. While Beyonce might not capture the best essence of iconic individuals such as Whitney and MJ (RIP) she tries to keep the torch alive, plus she's such a delicious DIVA while performing and a sweetheart in real life.

12-04-2012
V.I.P.

I always like to think of her as this generation's Icon. Given the lack of substance in music today, she's definitely at the top of the totem. Glad you became a fan of her happycanadian

13-04-2012
V.I.P.

****feel free to skip this post if you have no interest in one dude's ranting pop culture allocution****

yeah, she really is this generation's icon. i mean, since the 2000's - there's truly only Britney, Beyonce and Gaga that are on that level. and Britney?! she'll be forever remembered as the one who started it all; the catalyst for a decade+ of manufactured pop acts with limited measurable musical talent. also for making lip-syncing acceptable (*groan*).

Gaga is the whole other force altogether. and really achieved the rare feat of becoming an instant icon. she'll be remembered for her wild persona, her incredible fashions, but moreso for her ingenuity in the way that she's crafted her relationship with her fans. it's on another level.

and then there's Beyonce. who harkens back to an earlier era of Diva and performer, but who has the flair and performance style of the moderns acts. she really is -- as far as live performance -- much like Tina meets MJ. she's definitely already an icon and will be remembered as the meticulous and precise and exuberant total-package that she is. and what's even more impressive is how genuinely friendly and normal she seems. she comes across as an incredibly well-balanced, gracious woman. she's a spectacular role-model.

i also think that she's an excellent singer. she has tremendous breath control, range, clarity, and pitch. she's never hoarse, she keeps her voice pristine. i'm not sure she'll ever be considered one of the great vocalists, though. and i think that may have to do with just how 'perfect' she is. she's astounding to watch, but vocally - you do get the sense that there's not much that occurs that hasn't been heavily rehearsed. much like Michael Jackson, in that sense, actually. the sort of artistic fluidity and interpretation of a lyric that marks the greatest vocalists is something altogether different, imo. also - her voice doesn't have the guts to it. i happen to think that - as far as literal singing technique and skill is concerned - Beyonce is far superior to Adele. but when Adele sings, there's an immediate emotional connection that translates through the lyric in a different way than Beyonce, coupled with the actual resonance and tone of her voice that is just more 'soulful'. and so she will be thought of as a better vocalist.

Last edited by happycanadian; 13-04-2012 at 12:19 AM.

13-04-2012
V.I.P.

Beyonce out in NYC with baby Blue Ivy (April 12).

celebrity-gossip.net

13-04-2012
V.I.P.

@ Skylight studios

What she wrote to Michelle Obama:

dailymail.co.uk

13-04-2012
fashion icon

Sweet letter.

13-04-2012
V.I.P.

No blonde again- i hate that on her.