How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Caf / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-03-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Okay, now that we've seen the final performance….

She's not 19 anymore. She's 29.

And not everyone is as athletic as Madonna!

The Britney that used to be able to dance fiercely is no longer. We're not exactly sure why she's gone, but - like we've said before - we'd love to find out!

If Spears gave an interviewing blaming her knee surgery and multiple knee injuries, then we'd understand why her movement has been impaired and our expectations would be different/lower. Or, there's also speculation that medication she may be on might be impeding her ability to dance.

It is what it is.

Thankfully, though, Britney is still Britney, bitch! And, we do LOVE this song! And we do love her!
quote from perezhilton

personally, I think she might be self conscious to dance the way she did? Might be the shoes, might be the outfit, but I do agree that she's not the same. It was evident in the circus tour, but there were glimpses of her old self. As far as the lipsyncing goes, I mean, if we go to a Britney Spears concert, we know that she will 99.9% lipsync the show. But we'd still go. If people have a problem with it, then don't buy a ticket. I also don't think it'd be easy for her to sing her songs live because of the amount of things they do to her voice in the song. It would sound completely different.

I wonder if it's going to remain like this or if it's a gradual process for her to change the way she dances.

27-03-2011
V.I.P.

I really don't know why people even bother to bring up the fact that she lipsyncs. I mean, I understand if someone won't support or her go to her concerts because of that, that's completely understandable. But everyone who does go to her concerts knows that she will not sing live. So it's not like it's a big surprise to anyone or bait and switch of any kind. Nothing new here, moving on.

As for her performance. I think the biggest problem is that she lacks confidence. I don't think she'll ever be as good as in her Slave for You days, but I think she's better than what we've seen from her from these recent public performances. However, I think because she hasn't been performing for so long and because of what she's gone through, she lacks self confidence and self-belief. On the plus size though, I do think she looks way more energetic and into it during this week's performances than she ever was during her Circus era. That's a small step, but it's a step in the right direction and I think if she stays on it, it should only get better.

28-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Well she's in business over 12 years, she has family so it's quite understandable that her priorities are somewhere else now..
(lol, what should Madonna say? She's been in the business while I wasn't even born and she's still on fire on stage. She has children too, but what's different with Madonna, is that she holds the entire control on her career. There is no one like her and there will never be.)

And? That's her job! I mean, if she doesn't want to sing, dance, perform, then just don't do it!
That's her job after all. If she can release such an amazing album, then why can't she keep up with the performances? They should be as good as the album! She said she was rehearsing like "crazy". Not to mention all of her management saying that it was going to be "EPIC", wow, I'm still looking for what's so epic.
An album is important, but the performances are even more.

Quote:
I also don't think it'd be easy for her to sing her songs live because of the amount of things they do to her voice in the song. It would sound completely different.
Yes, it would, and I think that's what matters. And this the aim for her songs to sound different live! Just go on Youtube and watch people covering HIAM, it looks even better.. I am sure Brit can do it. I'm sure she could just take the mic and SING.

Come on Brit, show us your talent!
Cause I love this woman.

Last edited by Valentine27; 28-03-2011 at 04:36 AM.

28-03-2011
V.I.P.

Britney pics from ''Good Morning America'' performance -

mtv.com

28-03-2011
V.I.P.

On a positive note.... :p YIHA!

taken by me

28-03-2011
backstage pass

She looks great performing, but I agree with what you're saying about the dancing. It's just not tight anymore...

28-03-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentine27 View Post
(lol, what should Madonna say? She's been in the business while I wasn't even born and she's still on fire on stage. She has children too, but what's different with Madonna, is that she holds the entire control on her career. There is no one like her and there will never be.)

And? That's her job! I mean, if she doesn't want to sing, dance, perform, then just don't do it!
That's her job after all. If she can release such an amazing album, then why can't she keep up with the performances? They should be as good as the album! She said she was rehearsing like "crazy". Not to mention all of her management saying that it was going to be "EPIC", wow, I'm still looking for what's so epic.
An album is important, but the performances are even more.

Yes, it would, and I think that's what matters. And this the aim for her songs to sound different live! Just go on Youtube and watch people covering HIAM, it looks even better.. I am sure Brit can do it. I'm sure she could just take the mic and SING.

Come on Brit, show us your talent!
Cause I love this woman.
She's the face of a gigantic money-making machine and she has mental issues. At this point I'm not sure it's really up to her whether to continue or not. I mean, what was the whole nervous breakdown if not a big, gigantic neon sign saying "I don't want to do this anymore?"

I don't know, I feel really bad for her. On the one hand, I'm pretty sure the only thing she likes is dancing, and she'll never be the dancer she was before her knee gave out. It has to suck to be reminded of that every time you perform. And hasn't she said that she hates the work that comes with touring? But on the other hand, what else can she do? At least it's a way to keep her occupied.

28-03-2011
V.I.P.

Also I believe she was under a contract for at least this upcoming album. Who knows what happens once that agreement expires. I do hope that if she doesn't want to do this then she just leaves it be and spends time with her boys which she really seems to enjoy to be doing. Ten years from now, if she's willing and able, she can try to make a comeback, which I think she'll be able to do because people will always care about her imo.

As for her dancing, if that rehearsal video of Mannequin is anything to go by, she's still capable but not when it comes to performing in front of thousands/millions of people.

On a positive note, her hair looked REALLY good during the last performance. Best it's looked in YEARS.

PS. Valentin I'm so jealous, lol.

28-03-2011
V.I.P.

^^Okay, I get your point.

"Mental issues" ? Currently?

I'm still wondering why do they keep her doing playback everytime. She doesn't even sing a little live, not even a small word. I would understand when it's taped for TV but this is really tiring... It's not new, but I would hoped it changes a bit. Her knee haven't injured her voice as far as I know.

MyNameIs, my name is Valentine :p Didn't remember it was released earlier in France!
I agree about the fact that she's still able to dance, but dancing in heels must not be that easy.. If only she could wear sneakers in a performance! Just like in the Mannequin rehearsal.

Last edited by Valentine27; 28-03-2011 at 10:55 AM.

28-03-2011
front row

Well, I don't know Britney Spears personally or anything. I'm making random internet guesses based on what we know. I just think it takes more time than she's had to deal with the kinds of issues she had. And going right back into the environment that put so much stress on her the first time probably shouldn't have been the first thing she did.

But maybe she's got better support this time around. Who knows? It really will be interesting to see what happens when this contract with Jive is up. Either way, I hope things work out for Britney and she's happy. She's not the best singer or the best dancer out there IMO, but she has this weird sort of charisma that pulls people in anyway.

28-03-2011
windowshopping

Brit Brit in SF
I saw her yesterday in SF. Personally, I think it was awesome! I don't know if it's that many people criticized her performance in Las Vegas and she got new batteries for this one, or Las Vegas was just the practice that she needed since she hasn't performed in so long, but the point is that I enjoyed it and I think all or at least most of the people that were there also enjoyed it.
Her 3 song presentation started with Hold it Against me, the outfit was fun and I think the most flattering one of the three outfits she wore, but at the same time it was nothing impressive. What was impressive was the energy that her and the dancers put on the performance. The scenario was cool, it wasn't anything spectacular, but for a small concert it worked. We had to wait for a while for the second song to start...I guess its because the show was being filmed for Good morning America and they had to change a little bit the scenario; however, the wait was worth it. The dancers were hot, the dancing was hot, Britney looked hot! When Brti Brit came out for her third performance I was a little disappointed with the outfit, to me it was the least flattering one, I am not quite sure why though; it was black and she should have looked slimmer and curvier, but she looked too curvy, maybe the details on it were too much or the high contrast between the black and red colors... who knows.
At the end all the songs that she chose to "sing" were really good, everybody that was there wanted to party and that was definitely the perfect music for it. Yesterday, was the first time I saw Brit Brit live and I would pay the money to see her again.

Last edited by *ana*; 28-03-2011 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Weight talk

28-03-2011
V.I.P.

^Thanks for the review!
Did you pay for going at the concert?

Talking about a "mini concert", I saw her at Star Academy, in Paris, for the Circus promo, back in 2008. Seeing her that close was simply unbelievable.. Like a dream came true.

28-03-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheepmunk
I mean, what was the whole nervous breakdown if not a big, gigantic neon sign saying "I don't want to do this anymore?"

I don't know, I feel really bad for her. On the one hand, I'm pretty sure the only thing she likes is dancing, and she'll never be the dancer she was before her knee gave out. It has to suck to be reminded of that every time you perform. And hasn't she said that she hates the work that comes with touring? But on the other hand, what else can she do? At least it's a way to keep her occupied.
Agreed !

I definitely think that she's lost that sparkle in her eyes she had till "In the zone", but I can totally understand it. She's been through horrible times, people have used her, no privacy, being scrutinized by the whole world, nervous breakdown, etc..well you know what happened..Fortunately she's got her two boys, they seem to be one of the only positive things in her life when she talks in interviews. I know she's making a lot of money but I still feel bad for her, I was so moved when I saw the MTV documentary "For the record", in which she talks about these topics.

So this turbulent life, plus virtually 5 years without touring and dancing (and that's not nothing, I know a dancer who stopped dancing during 7 years and although she was still young she could never retrieve her former level..Especially, in Britney's case, if you add a knee injury, two pregnancies, lack of practice, getting older, a few pounds more,etc).

Now I agree with you all, I don't know if she still wants to do this or not. I think she'd like to, in videos you can definitely see that she still genuinely loves dancing and music, but it's difficult to erase the past years, she's kind of jaded now. I wish she would sing more, she's got the potential. But in the end, I just want her to be happy, there are several aspects that are open to criticism and we have to remain objective, but I feel a lot of compassion for Britney and I almost forgive her anything.

Last edited by CielDeLit; 28-03-2011 at 07:12 PM.

28-03-2011
V.I.P.

When do the statistics come out? (Say when will we find out her album is number 1!)

Last edited by WerbowyStegner; 28-03-2011 at 09:32 PM.

28-03-2011
tfs star

^probably after the first week of sales? I'm not sure either. I am hoping for the best with her album

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, britney, march, november, spears