How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-10-2011
V.I.P.

OMG that would have been wicked. HOT AS ICE is my fav song off Blackout. I would so buy a rerelease.

29-10-2011
tfs star

I would too and I have all the songs!

Also, there is a video of Britney in the 2007 era on youtube where she is in a store and she has paparazzi on both sides of her and she's just like "ummm" and then out of no where she goes " I WANNA GO!" and then she gets into her car and turns on the radio where you can hear the demo version of Hot as Ice!

02-11-2011
old-fashioned

leaving the Shaftesbury theatre on Tuesday (November 1) in London, England. (justjared)

Always so stylish
Though surely not one of her worst outfits...

*by the way: the Femme Fatale Tour DVD will be out on Nov 21 in the US and Canada according to her official facebook page.

Last edited by *ana*; 02-11-2011 at 09:07 PM.

02-11-2011
tfs star

so this was the video i was talking about. could possibly be the concept for " i wanna go"???

also, this video is sad in a way. She was completely different.

03-11-2011
fashion icon

Awe.. poor thing. That really was a different time. Love her hair in the last candids!

03-11-2011
backstage pass

At last, I met Dumper!

Source: Twitter/BritneySpears

November 01 – ‘Rock of Ages’ at the Shaftesbury Theatre in London, UK.

Source:UntouchableBritney

03-11-2011
backstage pass

November 02 2011 – Shopping at Hamley’s toy store in London, UK.

Source:UntouchableBritney

09-11-2011
fashion elite

She looks super cute @ the Rock of Ages.

12-11-2011
tfs star

tonight is the night! Femme Fatale Tour premiers on Epix! We can watch it for free, we just have to go to the website and sign up for a free trial!

ps. I think she performed in Abu Dhabi yesterday. Did she have to wear different costumes?

12-11-2011
old-fashioned

A little bit. She only wore one-pieces, no two-pieces (like in Gimme More and I Wanna Go), and they didn't show some videos which contained naked men and such (according to x-britney.com). The dancers did wear two-pieces though. Some people said she would tone down the sexy moves but it seems she didn't, at least from the videos I watched. She even did the lapdance in Lace and Leather.

12-11-2011
tfs star

^thanks.

I'm gonna look around for pictures but what they did with the stage is pretty amazing. I love it actually.

Oh and she is singing LIVE in this video

12-11-2011
tfs star

ugh are yall watching this?

Trust me. Being in the audience is more exciting. Epix did horrible with editing by the way. There are only like 4 camera angels and they keep show the audience rather than Britney.

She should have hired Madonna's people who filmed her Stick and Sweet tour.

12-11-2011
tfs star

Ok my review of the Epix broadcast of the show.

The Good

- Girlfriend looks AMAZING. Her body is slamming. Her Hair is perfection!
- Good quality of all the remixed songs
- Additional beats/layers of the music that was not heard at the concert
- Keeping the audience noise in majority of the songs
- Probably the best editing job was done during Womanizer when she's laying on the turntable as it rotates

The Bad
- Editing. Since there were not that many cameras, they basically rotated throughout the cameras for editing. The primary focus was not on Britney. It was more on "the show" aspect, like on specific dancers and things like that which is great, but for example during the Big Fat Bass break down, the cameras went to the screen to feature Will.I.Am instead of on Britney who was dancing. The editors were playing too much with the cameras when they should have been on Britney. For example, they went to a really wide long shot during the HIAM Breakdown. Like wtf?
-Singing. You COULD NOT TELL SHE WAS SINGING LIVE due to the editors placing the CD tracks over the vocals. We all know she sings live for certain during Gimme More and Drop Dead Beautiful yet those vocals were missing in the Epix show and were replaced with the CD vocals. Same with Baby One More Time. All her little flourishes with vocals go muted.
-Quality. I don't know if it was because everyone was on the Epix website or if you signed up for the free trial you get a low quality stream but there is better quality videos on YouTube.

Final Thoughts
-As a fan who went to the show, I can say that all of the other fans will be disappointed with this Epix Special/DVD. It does not capture the excitement at all. YouTube videos capture more excitement than this DVD.
-If you did not go to the Femme Fatale Tour, I am sure you would careless if the editing is bad.
-Could have been a lot better with camera angles and editing but I am glad that we get great quality of the songs and that she looks AMAZING. Do I want the DVD? No, because i'd rather cherish the memories that I have from the concert when I went.

Hopefully this was helpful! Share your thoughts!

12-11-2011
old-fashioned

Thanks for the review. I don't live in the U.S. so I couldn't watch it.
I was considering buying the DVD since I won't be able to go to her concert, but the fact that they replaced the vocals makes me wonder if it's really worth it. Britney singing live, even if just for short moments, is a big deal, is one of the reasons why I wanted to go to the show and why I would buy the DVD. Shame on you Epix.

12-11-2011
tfs star

I am sure it will end up on youtube or fansites/tumblrs/blogs for download. So keep an eye out!

They kept her live vocals during HIAM but that's just one song. The rest was CD tracks dubbed over which is SUCH a shame since she sings portions of majority of the songs live.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, britney, march, november, spears