How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-11-2011
tfs star

Well i don't think Britney cares if she has a #1 single or a #50 single. She's probably past that point in her career to constantly strive to sell the most or be at the top. She even said she has nothing to prove anymore. I bet her record label is putting so much pressure on her to be #1. Didn't they want Big Fat Bass to be the next single and she went above and put Criminal out?

I would love to see Trouble for Me. Perez Hilton tweeted Britney last night asking if Scary would be her next single. I actually like Scary. It's not on the regular cd or the deluxe version. She did release it on her concert DVD which is probably one of the reasons i would even buy it but it's so catchy and it's more of a plus that she wrote the song.

29-11-2011
tfs star

apparently Britney was in Houston Texas today shopping at the Galleria. Idk if it's true but if you search "Britney Spears Galleria" on twitter, there are a ton of tweets saying she was there.

29-11-2011
V.I.P.

Grammys nominations are announced tomorrow. I'm not expecting anything for Brit, especially since they combined male and female pop and banned pop girls from competing in dance, but I would love to see her get something. Anything. Femme Fatale is such a fun/great album.

30-11-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
apparently Britney was in Houston Texas today shopping at the Galleria. Idk if it's true but if you search "Britney Spears Galleria" on twitter, there are a ton of tweets saying she was there.
Yeah she's there until her shows in Mexico start.

30-11-2011
fashion elite

OH love the new pictures! All of em. She looks amazing and happy!

30-11-2011
old-fashioned

Good news to the Mexicans.

Quote:
Femme Fatale Britney Spears Gives Fans A Free Concert

Mexico City, Mexico — It was announced today that Britney Spears will perform an admission free concert for her fans in Mexico City, Mexico on December 4, and with the assistance from the Mexican government.

”I’ve had so much fun and received so much love from my fans all over the world while performing my Femme Fatale tour which I am grateful for. I want to return some of that love so I’ve decided to give my fans in Mexico a special night and perform my Femme Fatale show for free,” says Britney.

Spears is currently touring South America on her highly successful Femme Fatale tour, which she performed throughout North America this past summer as well as a tour of Europe this fall.
britneyspears.tumblr.com

01-12-2011
tfs star

No Grammy noms for Brit Brit.

Shame because I really wanted her to get at least one. Oh well.

Ps. What grammy's has she won?

01-12-2011
tfs star

^ She has a Grammy for Best Dance Recording, but I don't know if that went to her or the producers.

01-12-2011
tfs star

I was just watching Brit live in Helsinki this fall from youtube, and altough she looked a lot happier (from her face) than she did in that infamous MTV Gimme more-disaster, her moves just haven`t come back. Then I searched her old shows and found couple AMAZING vma performance of her, from early 2000`, singing Oops I did it again and I`m a slave 4 u, and even Toxic (can`t remember the year?)

Her dance moves were soooooooo much sharper and she did them all the way, that energy and spark, oh my goodness. Can this all be about high heels now or does she really want to do this anymore? I know she has enormous team behind her and she must feel pressures to keep going, after all, this is the only life she knows. But on the stage, she tries, but she still look like she is just carrying through and not really cares. No passion anywhere to be seen.

Good example for me is that, before the dancers were just dancers around her and she was the real big BOOM, but now it seems like she needs dancers to support her every move. This is sad, because her albums just keep getting better!

Last edited by TommyGirl; 01-12-2011 at 09:26 AM.

01-12-2011
rising star

^Isn't it because she had some sort of knee injury that has no prevented her from doing the dance moves? That's what I heard, which is completely understandable.

01-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroliiine View Post
^ She has a Grammy for Best Dance Recording, but I don't know if that went to her or the producers.
Do you know for what song? thanks though!

in reference to TommyGirl's post, I have two friends in medical school and they think that it's the medication (if she's taking any) that could be the cause. I don't remember what kind of medicine, I think something with mental illnesses, but they said that it causes patients to be sluggish and a slow response time.

Her knee get's a lot of blame but we will probably never know if it still gives her discomfort or if it healed fine.

I think Britney moved really well during the Circus tour. There is a video out there... when I have more time i'll dig it up... of her doing the Toxic choreo at a from the In The Zone DVD during Toxic.. and she's doing it almost perfectly.

There have been bright moments of her dancing ability in the Femme Fatale Tour. New York, Charlotte, and Sweden are the stops where she was pretty much old britney there for a minute. I haven't seen any vids from her south american tour that can rival those stops.

Last edited by Zann; 01-12-2011 at 06:17 PM.

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

^She has a Grammy for Best Dance Record indeed. For Toxic. And it did go to her (think to Producer too, but definitely to her). She's only received one nomination since then, Best Dance Record for Womanizer. Part of why she's been so overlooked is that her label does an absolute terrible job submitting for her. And part is that Grammys seem to have a vendetta against her of sorts. I mean if Rihana can get an Album of the Year nomination for Loud, why can't Britney at least get a Pop Album nomination for Femme Fatale?

Screw Grammys though. They've been nominating trash and their ratings have been dropping (no?). Britney should never attend/perform there unless they start respecting her.

02-12-2011
tfs star

Happy birthday, Britney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN View Post
^Isn't it because she had some sort of knee injury that has no prevented her from doing the dance moves? That's what I heard, which is completely understandable.
Oh really? I haven`t heard this, but it explains a lot. But even her arm moves are kinda half way done, so it shouldn`t have anything to do with knee injury. But either way, I hope she enjoys her job now, because there were times I tought she can never come back.

02-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
in reference to TommyGirl's post, I have two friends in medical school and they think that it's the medication (if she's taking any) that could be the cause. I don't remember what kind of medicine, I think something with mental illnesses, but they said that it causes patients to be sluggish and a slow response time.

Her knee get's a lot of blame but we will probably never know if it still gives her discomfort or if it healed fine.

I think Britney moved really well during the Circus tour. There is a video out there... when I have more time i'll dig it up... of her doing the Toxic choreo at a from the In The Zone DVD during Toxic.. and she's doing it almost perfectly.

There have been bright moments of her dancing ability in the Femme Fatale Tour. New York, Charlotte, and Sweden are the stops where she was pretty much old britney there for a minute. I haven't seen any vids from her south american tour that can rival those stops.
Sorry for double post, I just noticed this. I wasn`t certain if i could mention this but since it came up, so yeah, I know those kind of medicines (many kind of them, I work in health care atm), so Brit certainly seems sometimes like she has got little slow on her movements, the same efect I have seen in ordinary people.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, britney, march, november, spears