How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Caf / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-01-2011
trendsetter

and a few more...

go-britney.com

18-01-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonaka View Post
I don't think that really justifies the way she's dressing
Also the style was very different at the end of the 90's

I think she looks good in those last candids, but the outfit would have looked better without the heels IMO
I meant her style has been awful since she first started out, except for red carpet events (she has had some great moments in Versace).

Also, every personal style outfit I posted was post-2002 (except the tennis one), not 90s. I didn't post 2004-2006 because that's when she was with K-Fed and earned the white trash label (Cheetos, barefoot at gas stations, showing her thong, bird's nest hair). 2007 was the year of the breakdown when she was wearing tight, revealing clothes and no underwear. 2008 - 2010 has been her current style.

I love Britney but I don't know any fan that likes her because of her style. Her stylist only does red carpet events and she's usually looked great. The only way she's going to significantly improve and get onto Vogue's Best Dressed is if she starts working with a stylist even when she's not dressing for the red carpet because great style is not innate with her. It was less noticed back then because we were too busy staring at her incredible body/abs.

But she's clearly not into fashion the way other girls are because she rarely goes to events anymore. In the past 2 years, I think the only events she's been to are the Grammys and MTV Music Awards. All she cares about now is spending time with her family and work (recording, dancing). You don't need to look perfect to do that.

18-01-2011
fashion icon

Well you have to admit...she's had one killer body!

18-01-2011
trendsetter

I think Britney has an amazing body, but too bad it really doesn't translate well when she dresses up. Even when she's in the red carpet or on interviews, there's always something off. Perhaps is the just the way she carries herself.

By the way, her new single is extremely underwhelming. So many people made such a big deal of the song, even some have said it's one of the best song to come out in recent years, and to be honest I barely can even listen through the whole thing without being slightly annoyed or bored. It's cheap and mediocre at its best considering at how much hype Britney has gotten for this "comeback". Let's not kid ourselves, Britney would be the last artist we could say comes out with "quality" music, and this is no exception so I don't understand how fans can exaggerate how amazing of a song it is when it is not.

The choreography for the song is said to be amazing, but I can't even imagine the type of dancing that would be done to the song. If anything, she still has yet to come out with any choreography that would match to her I'm A Slave For You choreography. She too hasn't really come out with any music video that is even remotely amazing that would separate themselves from any other pop artists so her working with Jonas Akerlund (director for Lady Gaga's Telephone and Paparazzi) really wouldn't change a thing, unless Britney Spears happens to all of a sudden change her style completely and go for a more avante garde or more stylistically complicated video that really would come off as contrived or try hard since she's too far into her career to all of a sudden have a complete image change.

Anyways, I hope her follow up single will be better than HIAM. Or at the very least, less auto tune. Because really, in HIAM I am paying attention more to the background music than her actual singing. It's if as though her singing is actually the background and the background music is the forefront.

18-01-2011
tfs star

^ She has had a habit of stronger second singles recently, so hopefully the trend will continue. Piece of Me was better than Gimme More, Toxic was better than Me Against the Music, and Circus was better than Womanizer.

HIAM is actually not auto-tuned that much. A lot of the reviews mentioned that they expected more auto-tune (like her vocals in 3) but they were pleasantly surprised. But yes, the background music is overpowering.

18-01-2011
fashion elite

I think she has 'Britney' style.
Britney never pretended to be 'fashion icon'. she wear what she wants and what Lousiana calls...
I stop to say 'OMG what the hell she wears!' and I tired. We need just to love her or hate her but its not about fashion...

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

^Agree 100%.
As much as she makes some efforts for her public appearances/promotion, I don't really care about that.

18-01-2011
scenester

I find her lack of 'style' (however you define it) endearing. Whenever she needs to look her best (videos, events, photoshoots etc) she cleans up beautifully. She has had quite a few nice out & about ensembles, particularly in the latter part of 2008. What I like about her is that she isn't a people-pleaser in her day-to-day style, she's just almost anti-hollywood in the way she dresses. It's a nice change from the growing number of celebrities who need a stylist just to go grocery shopping.

18-01-2011
V.I.P.

Ooh vintage Britney photos we need more of those from time to time.

18-01-2011
rising star

I wish she'd go for a more kitsch/glam kind of look. Amanda Lepore should style her!

jolienadine.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg britney_spears_rolling_stone1999.jpg (119.6 KB, 3 views)

18-01-2011
rising star

So beautiful!

18-01-2011
tfs star

I want her to cut her hair like this:

ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com

I hate her current weave and she has been doing the blonde locks look for years, with small 2-3 month breaks of brunette in between. Also the blonde she has now is too yellow/light. She needs to go back to this color:

evilbeetgossip.com

18-01-2011
rising star

omg she used to be so pretty..

19-01-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll_Parts View Post
So beautiful!

Oops!

gobritney.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 173246.jpg (46.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Doll_Parts; 19-01-2011 at 07:56 AM.

19-01-2011
rising star

This is the best I think I've seen her look on a candid.

gobritney.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg normal_pepsi_nobu08.jpg (163.8 KB, 18 views)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2013, britney, march, november, spears