Carla Bruni (March 2004 - November 2010) - Page 113 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
28-08-2010
V.I.P.

^ Hi Penny! Welcome!
Just moved your post here so you can find the thread more easily.

30-08-2010
trendsetter

Welcome peonybelle

There is a lack of Carla's pictures lately, so some vintage pictures of her:

nymag

Last edited by Ciao!Manhattan; 30-08-2010 at 04:48 PM.

30-08-2010
rising star

Thank you Ciao!Manhattan for all those pictures ! There are several of them I had never seen before, I'm glad to see them !

Here is a video of a song, it's from "Les Enfoirés", a charity show with many famous singers. Carla Bruni sings a song with French singers Patrick Bruel, Zazie and Raphaël, it's originally a song by Barbara and it's called "Dis quand tu reviendras-tu" ! The video looks "vintage", it's only from 2007 in fact of course

31-08-2010
backstage pass

Thought this might be of interest..

"Carla Bruni-Sarkozy has been branded a ‘prostitute’ by Iran after she publicly attacked the country for threatening to stone a woman to death.
France’s First Lady is part of a campaign to save the life of Sakineh Mohammadi-Ashtiani, a 43-year-old mother of two.
She is accused of cheating on her husband and then helping to kill him, and is now facing capital punishment for her crimes.
Ms Bruni-Sarkozy, who became President Nicolas Sarkozy’s third wife two years ago, has signed a petition calling for Sakineh’s release.
Last week the former supermodel said: ‘I just can’t see what good could
come out of this macabre ceremony, whatever the judicial reasons put
forward to justify it.’
Addressing Sakineh directly in an open letter, Ms Bruni-Sarkozy wrote: ‘Why shed your blood and deprive your children of their mother Because you have lived, because you have loved, because you’re a woman, and because you’re an Iranian Everything within me refuses to accept this.’
But Kayhan (which means ‘Universe’ in English), the Iranian daily newspaper which acts as a mouthpiece for the country’s ultra conservative Islamic regime, has now accused 42-year-old Ms Bruni-Sarkozy of being a hypocrite.
An editorial in the paper points to her chequered love life, which has included numerous relationships with high-profile celebrities.
Entitled ‘French prostitutes join the human rights protest,’ the article
singles out Ms Bruni-Sarkozy and Isabelle Adjani, the French actress and
friend of the First Lady who is also calling for Sakineh’s release.
Kayhan aims to ‘defend the ideology of the Islamic Revolution’ and is directly under the supervision of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s government.
Iranian state television also attacked Ms Bruni-Sarkozy for her support for Sakineh, saying she was using it to try and justify her own immorality.
The Elysee Palace had no formal reaction to the slurs in the Iranian media, but an insider said Ms Bruni-Sarkozy was ‘deeply shocked’ by the personal attack. "

dailymail.co.uk

31-08-2010
tfs star

More candids, please. Is she always hidden at the Elysee 24/7?

02-09-2010
trendsetter

^^ You're very welcome gwennaliann

^i don't think we're authorized to post the more "political stuff" on TFS, in order not to create a polemic or something. btw, they actually add that she "deserved to die". I mean, seriously Whatever, let's not talk about that, lol. But let's add that, apparently, French people support her :

Quote:
Over these past few days, the Elysée Palace has been flooded with calls from people worldwide wishing to express their heartfelt support for Mrs Carla BRUNI-SARKOZY. We would like to thank all of you for the kind messages you asked us to share with the First Lady. Due to the great number of phone calls we have received, we would kindly request that if possible, you send your messages via e-mail using the following link : http://www.elysee.fr/ecrire/

Thanking you once again for your support,

The Presidential staff.
elysee.fr

Actually, there is a rumor, that she's not back yet to the Elysee palace, because she's pregnant and prefered to stay at her house in the South of France. But I don't think that's a really serious rumor, since i've only seen it on two or three websites. She's just hidden for the moment, lol.

Last edited by Ciao!Manhattan; 02-09-2010 at 04:53 AM.

02-09-2010
backstage pass

I didn't mean to offend with my post
haha no more political stuff got it, but it's to hear people are supporting her nonetheless

02-09-2010
trendsetter

Oh I don't think your post offended, I wasn't offended. You know it's not against you But like, if we start with the political stuff on TFS, we'll probably turn this thread on an anti ( or pro ) Sarkozy one, or on how she was right to wrote that letter, or that shoudn't have done it. And then, the political stuff will go on forever, lol. And jeez, let's keep that outside TFS But like, if you have other news on her or pictures, or if you just want to participate, don't hesitate to post

07-09-2010
trendsetter

Summer candids

In March, with the Russian Presidential couple

Old picture : She looks really pretty.

newscom

And she'll be in NY on September 20th for a Swarovski-sponsored Charity event :woot. Those will probably be the only proper pictures we'll have this month. Oh and here is a bit of "scandal" apparently 'cuz Sarah Brown is hosting an event the same night. Dramaaaa.

Last edited by Ciao!Manhattan; 07-09-2010 at 12:42 PM.

11-09-2010
fashion icon

bellazon

11-09-2010
V.I.P.

^never seen those before!!

13-09-2010
trendsetter

Woody Allen defends Carla Bruni

(UKPA)

Woody Allen has defended France's first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy after gossip column reports that she was a handful on the set of his romantic comedy Midnight In Paris.

The director also rejected claims that he reshot her scenes with another actress and cut her from the film.

Reports that it took Carla 32 takes to shoot a scene were false, Woody said in an interview at the Toronto International Film Festival, where his comic drama You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger played. He said he did a typical eight or 10 takes with Carla, the same as the rest of the cast.

"She was no problem at all," said Woody. "I was delighted with her."

He said Carla was not replaced and that her scenes remain in the film.

"This is a hundred per cent untrue," he said. "She's in the picture. Everything she shot is in the picture. I love her. She's great. It's not a big part, but it's a respectable part. Everything was totally made up.

"Now, I did hire another actress late in the picture for another part, for a totally different role. They're both in the picture."

Carla plays a tour guide at the Rodin Museum in Midnight In Paris, which is expected in cinemas next year.

The Press Association

http://itn.co.uk/ce96622c3127f66e0a01c2faf9757d05.html
( video of Woody talking about it )

13-09-2010
V.I.P.

she was such a party girl back at her supermodel days ! and the last old pic is too cute! i like how she has adjust to being a first lady!

13-09-2010
trendsetter

French President Nicolas Sarkozy (2ndR) and First Lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy (R) shake hands with people on September 12, 2010 in Montignac, southwestern France after visiting the prehistoric Lascaux cave as part of the 70th anniversary of its rediscovery. The Lascaux cave has been closed to the public since 1963 to prevent deterioration of the art caused by humidity and warmth from visitors. A visitors' centre has been built outside the cave, with replicas of the painted chambers, and receives around 300,000 tourists each year.

13-09-2010
trendsetter

daylife

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, bruni, carla, march, november