How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-05-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
Haha, I think it's so funny that people State side are probably going to be drifting into the thread now!
I think that outfit is awful personally. Bad trouser choice, and belt too? I can see they were going for that Gucci colourblocking thing... but why is her hair like a lion's? She's capable of much better!
I've been here for almost a couple years already. Been a fan since her GA days (Not a fan of Cheryl's music Just .............her. )

Last edited by taydev; 09-05-2011 at 02:37 PM.

09-05-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGlitter View Post
I'm sad she isn't our little secret anymore No one in Canada really knows who she is and I've been a GA and Cheryl fan for 6 yrs- kinda liked it that way
Although I'm American, I knew about her since 2005. I kinda liked her as my secret too because no one I know, knows who she is

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

I knew there were some here, but I mean on mass. I imagine once the show airs it'll blow up. Ha. After all, I doubt anyone's tuning in to see what Paula's going to be wearing..

10-05-2011
V.I.P.

I do NOT like the hairstyle she was sporting! too dollyparton -esque for my liking

Youtube.com/Zap2itVideo

10-05-2011
backstage pass

I thought about it, and I think she'd be a "hit" as a TV personality here. I honestly don't think she'd do great musically stateside if her songs stay anywhere along the lines of her previous releases. Many UK artists break here because they're truly gifted in music; not just singing, but writing, producing, conducting, and/or in instrumentals (all apart of the creative process). Any artist without true creativity won't last for the long-ride. Cheryl is so manufactured to me and I sense no creativity from her as an "artist". Don't get me wrong, I like Cheryl Cole as Cheryl Cole, not her music or anything, just her. But like I said before, being a TV personality seems right up her alley for the US. This is just my opinion though.

Last edited by taydev; 10-05-2011 at 01:16 PM.
10-05-2011
V.I.P.

Her song 'Parachute' is going to be featuring in an episode of Glee, so I imagine US musical success is also imminent for her. Nice platform to get her music out there..

10-05-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
Her song 'Parachute' is going to be featuring in an episode of Glee, so I imagine US musical success is also imminent for her. Nice platform to get her music out there..
I did not know this. Then again I've never watched Glee.

10-05-2011
fashion insider

She has been a topic on US Magazine.com twice this week already...... pretty sure she's gonna take off something fierce.

10-05-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGlitter View Post
I'm sad she isn't our little secret anymore No one in Canada really knows who she is and I've been a GA and Cheryl fan for 6 yrs- kinda liked it that way
I feel the same way, but with the US. I've been a GA fan since 2006, and don't feel like sharing! lol. My friends actually don't like Cheryl. If she does take off here I hope it's as a pop star and not as "that British judge from that show" that's what I'm afraid of. I hope people who didn't previously know about her can come to realize that she's a hugely famous celebrity and singer not a washed up has been (sorry Paula!). Maybe it's me but I always tend to assume that judges on shows don't actually practice their own craft anymore, I can only think that people would assume the same of Cheryl if they didn't know. I hope they show a clip of who she is or something lol

Last edited by Gainsbourg; 10-05-2011 at 10:05 PM.
10-05-2011
backstage pass

I've never seen someone go from TV personality/reality star to top of the charts; many times it's the other way around. Not saying it won't happen for Cheryl, but as far as the US majority, I think she'll always be known as 'the judge' first. It'll be interesting to see her US career unfold nonetheless
Posted via Mobile Device

11-05-2011
V.I.P.

Cannes today, let´s hope to see her there.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Finished up with her brief Stateside duties, Cheryl Cole was spotted catching an outbound flight at LAX Airport in Los Angeles on Tuesday (May 10).

Fresh off of her debut appearance on the U.S. "X Factor," the brunette beauty was sporting comfy attire as she was ushered into the metro terminal ahead of the long flight back home to London.

Prior to the trip to the States, Miss Cole chatted with Grazia magazine about being excited for her new job - although admitting that she'll miss her homeland.

She said, "I am such a homebody and just the small comforts make a big difference. I'm going to get my TV wired so I can record Coronation Street and EastEnders and I have sooooo many teabags, chocolate and chocolate Hobnobs to take with me that I will be set for months."

As for her wardrobe adaptation once situated in the States, Cheryl dished, "My style and image is going to be different as I am British and we have different taste anyway. But I absolutely love colours at the minute. It makes everything feel bright and alive so I am going to go colour crazy while I can. I love loads of designers like Diane Von Furstenberg, Phillip Lim, Miu Miu and Stella McCartney, but the list goes on and on to be honest. There are some lovely clothes out there."

celebrity-gossip

11-05-2011
fashion elite

ok... you need something comfortable because you're travelling... but why the heels???

11-05-2011
V.I.P.

Cheryl Cole arrives at LAX airport from London Heathrow 2011-05-06 - Celebrity-Paradise.com

11-05-2011
V.I.P.

Cheryl Cole leaving the gym celebrating her casting as X Factor judge 2011-05-07 - Celebrity-Paradise.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cheryl, cole, copyrighted, factor, features, pics, post, rex