How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-04-2011
fashion insider

i like her bag

05-04-2011
trendsetter

^yup you lost me is an amazing song

* Alec Wek - Mariaclara Boscono - Natasha Poly - Karen Elson - Sascha P*
05-04-2011
rising star

Quote:
Christina Aguilera graces the cover of Para Todos magazine’s April/May 2011 issue.

Here’s what the 30-year-old star of The Voice had to share:

On why she decided to do The Voice: “The project is living up to exactly what it stands for. The concept is not a negative show but instead brings up positive qualities and watching raw talent based on vocals only!”

On whether she will sing in Spanish again: “Yes, yes, and yes! Spanish will always be a part of my music on some level and I still have every intention to make another Spanish record.”

On goals she’d still like to accomplish: “I’m an overachiever, so the bucket list is endless, but I’m too focused on the here and now and try to live spontaneously. If I had to put one together it would be learn to cook, continue perfecting my Spanish, record my Spanish album. And maybe even learn to drive - can you believe I still can’t?”
ParaTodos.com

05-04-2011
rising star

Christina Aguilera: 'I'm Human, too'
Quote:
Christina Aguilera is the first one to admit that she's had a rocky few months.

The singer -- who, within one month's time, flubbed the National Anthem during the Super Bowl, collapsed onstage at the Grammy Awards and was jailed for public intoxication -- says she's ready to turn things around.

"In light of the past year, there have been obvious setbacks," she told UsMagazine.com on Monday. "I've gone through a really hard divorce, and anyone who has gone through a divorce will speak about how hard the journey is from start to finish."

"It's a life-uprooting time and there have been hiccups along the way that unfortunately the whole world gets to witness and judge," she added.

The 30-year-old pop star -- and mom to 3-year-old Max, her son with ex Jordan Bratman -- said her recent slip-ups have been a blessing in disguise.

"I can laugh about my own hiccups and my own experiences in life because I'm getting through it," Aguilera said. "But I get to share these experiences with these people and I get to say not every performance day is going to be a great day."

"Sometimes you could be having the worst day of your life and you have to get up on that stage and you have to give to your fans in a way that they would never know the difference," she continued. "You have to lose yourself in that moment and you have to be so involved. Take yourself out of your own headspace or use whatever you're going through and put it into the passion of your song."

Aguilera said she plans to use her recent experiences to mentor contestants on NBC's The Voice, where she'll coach aspiring singers alongside Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Cee Lo Green.

"There have been things that have happened on stage that any performer can absolutely relate to and I'm so happy that I get to share these moments with them in such an intimate environment," she explained.

"I'm actually revealing a lot about myself during this show -- a side of myself that I think a lot of people have never seen before, that only my closest friends see when the cameras go off," Aguilera said. "I just wanted to approach this show very openly. I'm human, too, and people make mistakes and go through things in life and I'm definitely taking that into the show."
UsWeekly.com

06-04-2011
V.I.P.

She is such an amazing artist it's a pity that she has such a bad attitude sometimes, she sounds like such a diva (and not in a good way)...

rising star

On the set of "The Voice"

aLD

Dinner With Matt 4/5/11

CMM

09-04-2011
windowshopping

what's up Christinians!!!!!!!!!

09-04-2011
rising star

Arriving at LAX with Max and Matt

CMM

JustJared

09-04-2011
tfs star

It's unfortunate that she didn't use this opportunity (The Voice) to update her look. The promos look horribly cheesy but I do like the premise of the show and hopefully it's a hit.

Leggings do absolutely nothing for her but her latest ensemble is okay, I guess, considering where she is.

rising star

Christina Aguilera takes her little Mouseketeer, Max, to Disney’s Animal Kingdom on Monday (April 11) in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.

The 30-year-old star of The Voice was a Mouseketeer herself on The New Mickey Mouse Club!

Christina will make her debut as one of four musician coaches on The Voice at the end of the month - the show kicks off on April 26 on NBC!

JustJared

11-04-2011
backstage pass

^very cute, xtina looks pretty & i love his little ramones shirt. he's gonna be a cool kid

I see you.

@ Disney World - April 13

christina-aguilera.us

21-04-2011
rising star

Tomorrow @TheRealXtina will be first honoree on The Abbey's Gay Walk of Fame, putting hand & foot prints in cement
JustJared

The Abbey's Gay Walk of Fame April 20 2011

aLD

21-04-2011
rising star

More info on Christina's Abbey Appearance
Quote:
Songbird Christina Aguilera is getting dirrrty tonight!

The platinum blonde is expected to cement her hands and feet in West Hollywood’s new Gay Walk of Fame.

The National Anthem mangler is officially marking her place as a gay icon since she’s the first inductee into West Hollywood restauran The Abbey’s new attraction.

RadarOnline will have a reporter at the event who’ll be texting live updates on Twitter [Link]. Be sure to follow!

“We’re proud of Christina, who’s always supported causes important to (gay) people,” Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center [Link] rep Stevie St. John told RadarOnline. “We applaud her for speaking out in favor of equality and working to support the community.”

The Abbey is a legendary West Hollywood gay hotspot that became a favorite of just-deceased screen legend Elizabeth Taylor. Owners just remodeled the club, and added the gay walk of fame as an attraction.
Radar Online

Christina on 'The Voice'

Extended 'Voice' Preview

Xtina's BF -- BELOW Legal Limit During DUI Arrest
Quote:
Christina Aguilera's boyfriend Matt Rutler was NOT too drunk to drive on the morning he was arrested for DUI back in March -- and will not be charged with a crime ... TMZ has learned.

The L.A. County District Attorney has officially rejected the case against Rutler -- citing insufficient evidence to prosecute for driving under the influence of alcohol.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Rulter's blood alcohol content was ultimately determined to be .06 at the time of his arrest ... which falls safely under California's legal limit to operate a vehicle, .08.

As TMZ first reported, Aguilera was a passenger in the car that morning ... and was arrested for public drunkenness when officers determined she was too hammered to take care of herself.

Hours after the arrest, officials decided they would not pursue any charges against the singer.
TMZ

Also, Christina's divorce has been finalized. Next week she'll be on the Ellen Show and Jay Leno. The Voice starts next Tuesday and the episode will be 2 hours long.

Last edited by black lace; 21-04-2011 at 12:10 PM.
21-04-2011
don't look down

I see that Christina did not disappoint on the 'performance front' for this occasion (dailymail.co.uk):

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
aguilera, christina