How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-04-2011
V.I.P.

This comment is about a year old, lol, but oh well.

I was just thinking about it today, Adele's album is what I wanted Xtina to release last summer. Adult, classy, soulful, real. With her voice, all she needs is a microphone. Instead, we got that horrible horrible mess of an album. Terrible songs. Awful lyrics. And worst of all, that tragic video for NMT. I don't know why she needs to try and compete with girls like Rihanna and Katy Perry when they do what they do because they have weak voices and all they can record are auto-tuned dance songs. It works for them, great. But it doesn't work for Xtina and it doesn't have to because she can do better.

I also think she needs a COMPLETE style makeover. Girl's been looking awful for way too long now.

21-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
This comment is about a year old, lol, but oh well.

I was just thinking about it today, Adele's album is what I wanted Xtina to release last summer. Adult, classy, soulful, real. With her voice, all she needs is a microphone. Instead, we got that horrible horrible mess of an album. Terrible songs. Awful lyrics. And worst of all, that tragic video for NMT. I don't know why she needs to try and compete with girls like Rihanna and Katy Perry when they do what they do because they have weak voices and all they can record are auto-tuned dance songs. It works for them, great. But it doesn't work for Xtina and it doesn't have to because she can do better.

I also think she needs a COMPLETE style makeover. Girl's been looking awful for way too long now.
I disagree and agree with your comment :p
I agree that would be amazing to see Christina singing songs like Adele's, her voice would fit amazing in that kind of music. But, I disagree [in part] with you about Bionic. I do agree that she has much more potential than that but I did like to see her trying new things, I agree that the majority of the songs sound a lot childish and trying-too-hard but songs like "Sex For Breakfast", "I Am..." and "My Girls" are amazing songs that show the best of Christina and show that she can sound amazing without oversinging and adding silables to the lyrics.

And about her looks I agree with all you guys, she is just a mess nowadays, I think she is lost between her Back to Basics and her Bionic looks and she can't decide which look she will go with so she goes with both styles.

I want the 2006 Christina baaaaaaaaaack!

Last edited by xPedro; 21-04-2011 at 11:29 PM.
21-04-2011
backstage pass

^preach, MyNameIs.
i think the essence of what youre saying is she needs to tone it down. in many areas lol. couldnt agree more. it's ironic because she has more natural talent than the contemporaries she is trying to keep up with! it seems like she's been a little over-confident in her ideas when they were really not anything original or groundbreaking. but she has had quite humbling year and i think she probably learned alot from it.

still rooting for xtina. "less is more" i know she can do it.

V.I.P.

I want the back to basics christina back, she looked good and the music wasn't mediocre.

22-04-2011
don't look down

Leaving The Abbey to go to The Roxy on The Sunset Strip (dailymail.co.uk):

rising star

More

(HQ)

CMM

23-04-2011
trendsetter

ok. christina has sold millions of records. she doesnt need to prove nothing to nobody besides, christina aguilera. so what if she doesnt want to stand in front of a microphone and sing fighter or beautiful. so what is she wants to prane around in a white titanium metal leotoard and say she wants to kiss girls. its her choice and its her artistery, and she doesnt need a make over, this is her look right now. id rather her be authentically her as opposed to try and please the massess.

* Alec Wek - Mariaclara Boscono - Natasha Poly - Karen Elson - Sascha P*
23-04-2011
tfs star

Lmao...Christina definitely needs a makeover or better yet a make-under. Her current look is almost as tragic as her last main studio effort (with the exception of a few songs) ie Bionic.

trendsetter

^she doesnt need a makeover

* Alec Wek - Mariaclara Boscono - Natasha Poly - Karen Elson - Sascha P*
23-04-2011
front row

I feel that she does need a little makeover, she's reminding me of Anna Nicole Smith these days, I think her shape/body is fine etc but her makeup and hair are just horrible which makes her look like a washed up hag (not saying she is!) people see that and her recent career history and then unfortunately apply that age old narrative to her...she just needs to freshen up her look, it doesn't require much thought or effort even.

Last edited by sojou; 23-04-2011 at 07:17 PM.
24-04-2011
V.I.P.

yes she really needs makeover actually.
softer make-up, fix her hair, different clothes...
she has been wearing some very unflattering clothes.

V.I.P.

Whether she's happy, authentic, w/e is her business. Also, no one said she isn't talented, but as this is a fashion forum and she looks a mess..I also go with needing a makeover.

24-04-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentricity View Post
^she doesnt need a makeover
K...

So anyways, I really thought that Christina looked great with the short bob she was sporting at the tail end of '09 through several months in 2010 ~

xtina-web.com

It was a fresh and easy to maintain look. Her ensembles were also on the plus side.

Eat me, drink me

^ oooh yeah I loved her in that bob

rising star

On Jay Leno

DeadlyRose @ aLD

On Ellen

CMM

With Max on Easter

CMM

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
aguilera, christina