How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-07-2007
V.I.P.

Live Earth London - Backstage and Stage
gettyimages

08-07-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochie332 View Post
this thread was originally in star style because i didnt know where to put it then the mods moved into celebrity singers/musicians because someone asked them to

but i agree that she is all about the music, it was just a mistake
Thank you Kochie, posting new photos from LIVE EARTH. She's wearing Gucci dress again! I bet she's fallin' love SS collection, because of they're rockn' girlie! However I like her music and girlie style. Also she is very much into fashion. I think it's not problem she is here in star style. Musicians are always our style icon to be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00310m.jpg (41.1 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by taramahina@yahoo; 08-07-2007 at 12:54 AM. Reason: wrong URL
10-07-2007
backstage pass

she looked lovely at live earth

10-02-2008
V.I.P.

wireimage

11-02-2008
V.I.P.

The dress is Luella. Here it is in red.

style.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00360m.jpg (38.9 KB, 1 views)

09-03-2008
tfs star

Wow, her style is really nice!!

02-05-2008
rising star

I love this girl's sense of style! I just discovered her, I've heard a couple of her songs but I can't get over the way she dresses! It's fantastic, so natural and vintage/classic inspired. But yet she manages to do funky at the same time. It's... wonderful lol

05-05-2008
V.I.P.

I love her style and her music. When I first bought her CD, I played it everyday.

01-11-2009
windowshopping

she's coming back! I'm so excited

first promo pic I've seen:

from Corinne Bailey Rae's official Facebook page

16-12-2009
V.I.P.

pic with Erykah Badu in NYC @ Erykah's listening party

theybf.com

Quote:
In the summer of 2007, Corinne Bailey Rae headlined the Jazz World stage at the Glastonbury festival. It was a fitting finale to a whirlwind 18 months spent promoting her eponymous debut album. Released in February 2006, it became one of the pop soundtracks of the summer, reaching No 1 in Britain, gatecrashing the US charts at No 4, and selling nearly four million worldwide.

"I just ran off the stage and leapt in the air," she says of Glastonbury. "It was like, 'Yes! I've finished!' I'd had offers to do shows in Australia and Brazil, but I just wanted to draw a line on that record with the Glastonbury gig and move on."

Corinne went home to her house in Leeds and began writing songs, just her and her acoustic guitar. One of the first she finished was called The Sea, a powerful elucidation of loss that was based on a family story that had been passed down to her about her grandfather's death in a boating accident. It climaxes with the lines, "The sea, the majestic sea, breaks everything, cleans everything, crushed everything, takes everything from me."

She says now, "I don't know if there was something in the air or what, but the songs seemed different, a bit darker. With The Sea, I was just thinking about loss, about the impact losing your father would have on you as a child, how one event that big could colour your life, bleed into everything else and force you into a certain shape."

Another song she wrote around that time was called I'd Do it All Again. It was written after an argument with her husband, Jason Rae, a gifted jazz musician who often played saxophone in her band. It was a testimony to the strength of her love for him, a song about how nothing, not his restlessness or the occasional rows it precipitated, could ever make her question that love.

"It was written literally just after me and Jason had this massive disagreement, a big argument, a bad one," she says now, faltering. "Almost as he was leaving the room, I just sat down and wrote it. It's just about how I felt about him at that time. Even right in the middle of the worst times, I remember thinking that I would choose this exact life again, that I would do it all again. It was me saying, I'm not wishing myself out of this situation. I'm 100% committed to this person. I don't have any regrets about this relationship even though there are all these difficult times."

I'd Do it All Again begins: "Oh, you're searching for something I know won't make you happy/Oh, you're thirsting for something I know won't make you happyÖ". It sounds now like a plea, a calling-out to someone to accept the life they have been given. "I just wanted him to be content," she says.

She wrote I'd Do it All Again in January 2008, and "just kept on writing and trying out ideas". Then, on Saturday 22 March, she was in a taxi in Leeds when her phone rang. A voice she did not recognise said that it was the police, that they had been trying to contact her all day, and that they needed to speak to her in person.

"Life changes fast," writes Joan Didion in the opening lines of her extraordinary memoir of loss and grief, The Year of Magical Thinking. "Life changes in an instant." And this how it was for Corinne Bailey Rae when, on the side of a road on the outskirts of Leeds on an otherwise ordinary day, a female police officer told her that Jason had been found dead in a flat in the city.

"The police asked me to meet them at a certain place so the taxi had to do a U-turn and go back the way we came," she says now. "I always think of that moment when I had to turn back. My life was going in one direction, then, in an instant, it was turned around."The coroner's report found that Jason Rae, aged 31, had died of an accidental overdose of methadone and alcohol. He had gone for a Friday night drink with an acquaintance, James Sheasby, in a pub in the Hyde Park area of Leeds and returned to Sheasby's house. Sheasby had left Jason asleep on the sofa when he had gone to bed in the early hours of Saturday and, when he got up late that afternoon, had been unable to wake him. Sheasby, a recovering heroin user, had been prescribed methadone as part of his rehabilitation and three empty bottles of the heroin substitute were found beside Jason Rae's body (police were happy that Sheasby had not given Rae the methadone, and that he had co-operated fully with their investigation). The coroner described Rae as "a naive user", which brought a strange kind of comfort to the young widow who was struggling to make sense of a death that seemed so random, so senseless.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009...-rae-interview
link has the complete article and video
I think a collabo between her and Maxwell would be amazing

17-12-2009
on the come up

I hope she would make a comeback soon, I really enjoyed her music

16-01-2010
rising star

Her soft curls are so pretty!

19-03-2010
V.I.P.

Elle France 3346 February 12, 2010 via ebook30.com/magazine

20-03-2010
backstage pass

I don't like the blue Luella number that much. Looks rather tacky, imo.

22-04-2010
V.I.P.

at Coachella

blog.forever21.com

cute. I don't think i've ever seen her in something this short.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bailey, corinne, rae