How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-09-2006
fashion icon

LOVE THE NIGHTLIFE

Courtney Love calls it a night at her regular Hollywood hot spot Hyde. And what's it like to hang out with the former Hole frontwoman? Perhaps we'll find out when she releases her memoirs, Dirty Blonde: The Diaries of Courtney Love, next month.

people.com

07-09-2006
backstage pass

I loved Hole back in the day. I still listen to her old songs.

07-09-2006
fashion icon

Her old songs were really great!

dlg

09-09-2006
V.I.P.

i still like courtney.she's so talented,music,movies...i'm waiting for a major comeback from her.
i had no idea she was writing an autobiography,that would make an interesting read

18-09-2006
front row

i'm aching for Dirty Blonde. i wish it was october already. and new pics. where is she hiding? certainly not in a studio.

20-09-2006
front row

No new photos, but news from Courtney.
Courtney Love makes 'Nevermind' claim

She tells NME a secret about the classic album

Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain's widow Courtney Love has claimed one of the songs on their classic 1991 album 'Nevermind' is about her - but she won't say which one.

Speaking exclusively to NME, Love also acknowledged that most of the songs are about Cobain's girlfriend before he got together with Love, Tobi Valli, but she says there's one that he wrote about her towards the end of the sessions.

She said: "There's only really one about me because it was written late in the day. Most of the songs are about another girl, which is annoying. But I'm not gonna name (which one's about me) because I feel like it's just my secret.

"A lot of the songs on there aren't even about girl stuff."

Also in this week's 15th anniversary 'Nevermind' special, we take a track-by-track look at the album as well as speaking to all the major players, such as producer Butch Vig and drummer Dave Grohl.

Elsewhere in this week's NME, there's an exclusive interview with Noel Gallagher on joining Kasabian for a night, a preview of bands set to feature in upcoming films, we take a look at The Killers' live return and review new albums from Beck and Larrikin Love.

http://www.nme.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cobain turned down Pulp Fiction role

Kurt Cobain turned down a small part in Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction, according to the late rocker's wife Courtney Love. The Nirvana frontman was lined up to appear alongside Love in the 1994 movie. Cobain would have starred as a drug dealer, while Love would have played his heavily-pierced girlfriend. The roles were eventually taken by Eric Stoltz and Rosanna Arquette. Love says, "If Kurt had survived we'd be taking private jets by now. He'd have loved that."

http://www.contactmusic.com

20-09-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna minor

Love says, "If Kurt had survived we'd be taking private jets by now. He'd have loved that."

http://www.contactmusic.com
Huh? He seemed like success was his downfall.

23-09-2006
front row

The Return of Courtney Love:More4 Documentary airs next Wednesday on UK TV
http://www.channel4.com/more4/docume...ture.jsp?id=92

24-09-2006
The future is stupid

The life of Love Dan Martin is trapped in Courtney world

Saturday September 23, 2006

I wasn't the first journalist at the magazine I normally work for to be dragged, regardless of my will, into the world of Courtney Love, and I certainly won't be the last. See, you're not allowed to simply interview Courtney; you have to follow a trail of carefully-placed clues, enter her world, prove your worth as both a music fan and a journalist, until you enter into what's either an evil Faustian pact or a cushy number, depending on whose side you're on. I think that, because her entire adult life has been defined by the quest for celebrity, she likes - needs - to have a journalist on speed dial in the same way that others have a therapist or a gardener or a foot-fiddler. At the moment, it seems to be me.

Two days after a photo op at Highbury Garage I was summoned to "high tea" at The Dorchester to hear her new demos. Three days later, I found myself ambushed by paparazzi as she dragged me out of a Dirty Pretty Things aftershow (I was airbrushed out of the tabloids - boo). Now, I find myself in the same strange position I've heard countless hacks tell before, the recipient of gossipy two-hour phone calls in the middle of the night, or rambling four-page emails or being asked to get Kimberley Stewart into the Red Hot Chili Peppers at an hour's notice.

I have no idea whether or not we're friends; she manages these alliances like a strange favours for favours symbiosis; you answer her queries about British music (an obsession only recently superseded by The Mighty Boosh and Green Wing), or sound out the credentials of whichever tabloid hack has been stalking her. In return she feeds you gossipy tidbits; how she's trying to arrange a "snatch" on Pete Doherty with the Hollywood rehab guru who finally got her clean; or the fact that her ex and fellow grunge survivor Billy Corgan is living in a wing of her house; as well as the occasional exclusive interview.

Of course, this is all part of a calculated campaign to return her to legitimate celebrity after the recent dramas that nearly killed her. This week it continues with the More4 documentary The Return Of Courtney Love - kind of Stalking Pete Doherty meets Kirstie Alley's Fat Actress - as she tried to rebuild personal and professional bridges, get movie parts, and make a new album. Unlike Doherty, Courtney is neurotically aware that her troubles have long since overtaken any interest in her music, but her fans would forgive almost everything for one brilliant record, and it's the making of the forthcoming album How Dirty Girls Get Clean that provides the documentary's major storyline: her last shot at artistic salvation. From what I've heard, she may just have pulled it off.
Am I in too deep? There are so many horror stories that it's hard to know what to think. But I do know that smack and crack have always turned otherwise decent people into mean-spirited, selfish monsters. Luckily for me, my stint as "point person" has coincided with a clean period, and while totally self-involved, I've also found her ferociously intelligent, funny and kind. If she really can stay clean and make it last, this story might just have a happy ending.

guardian.co.uk

24-09-2006
fashion insider

ooh i love courtney, she is so beautiful and franceas has the most beautiful blue eyes i hav ever seen

24-09-2006
fashion insider

Sassy and Punk

24-09-2006
fashion insider

Sassy and Punk

24-09-2006
fashion insider

Sassy and Punk

24-09-2006
fashion insider

Sassy and Punk