How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-08-2011
V.I.P.

Frank Ocean
Christopher Francis Ocean (born Christopher Breaux; October 29, 1987), better known by his stage name Frank Ocean, is an American singer-songwriter from New Orleans, Louisiana. He is a member of the hip hop collective OFWGKTA.
Contents

1 Music career
2 Discography
2.1 EPs
2.2 Mixtapes
2.3 Singles
3 References

Music career

Ocean was evacuated from the University of New Orleans to Los Angeles, California just as Hurricane Katrina hit in August 2005, and stayed to pursue a music career. Ocean joined Los Angeles based collective OFWGKTA, who he met through his connections, at the end of 2009. At the end of 2009, he met Tricky Stewart, who helped Ocean sign a contract with Def Jam Recordings as an artist, however, he was initially unable to build a relationship with the company. In 2010, he changed his name from Christopher Breaux to Christopher Francis Ocean via a legal website. Ocean has written songs for Justin Bieber (with whom he has recorded a song), John Legend, Brandy, and Beyoncé Knowles ('I Miss You' from the album '4'), Ocean has also worked with Nas (on whose 10th studio album Ocean is expected to feature, along with fellow Odd Future members Tyler, the Creator and Hodgy Beats)[8] and Pharrell Williams. On February 18, 2011, Ocean released his first mixtape, nostalgia,ULTRA., to critical acclaim.His music mostly focuses on interpersonal relationships, personal reflection and social commentary.[2] NPR's Andrew Noz calls Ocean's songwriting "smart and subtle...setting him apart from the pack." Rolling Stone magazine's Jonah Weiner calls Ocean a "gifted avant-R&B smoothie". In an April 2011 interview, Ocean intimated that his relationship with Def Jam has strengthened since the release of his mixtape. Ocean appeared in Tyler, the Creator's music video for the single "She", from Tyler's 2011 studio album Goblin. Ocean joined his OFWGKTA bandmates for the first time on tour from May 12 to May 19, 2011. They toured the eastern seaboard of the United States. On May 19, 2011 Ocean's record label Def Jam announced its plans to re-release Nostalgia, Ultra as an EP.[15] The single "Novacane" was released to iTunes on May 31, 2011, and the EP originally was set to be released on July 26, 2011, but through his Tumblr blog on July 24th, he stated that it would not be released on that date.[ In June 2011, Ocean revealed on his Tumblr that he would be working on the upcoming Kanye West and Jay-Z collaborative album, Watch The Throne. Ocean released a new song titled "Thinking About You" on July 28.
wikipedia

17-08-2011
V.I.P.

Frank Ocean - Swim Good (nostalgia, Ultra.)

17-08-2011
V.I.P.

Frank Ocean - Novacane

17-08-2011
V.I.P.

OFWGKTA x LA Leakers (Frank Ocean & Tyler, The Creator) 2

17-08-2011
Blood On The Leaves

I'm currently obsessed with Novacane song.

17-08-2011
V.I.P.

^Same! Also, I love that he is featured in Watch The Throne twice.

17-08-2011
scenester

oh how i adore him!

18-08-2011
V.I.P.

Songs For Women

18-08-2011
V.I.P.

strawberry swing

18-08-2011
V.I.P.

Dust

18-08-2011
V.I.P.

Frank Ocean Covers FADER

Having a breakout year, Odd Future’s Frank Ocean get his first cover story with FADER. Catch the fade and read an excerpt below.

When he was nine, Frank Ocean’s godfather subscribed him to Robb Report, a magazine for the ultra-rich. Less interested in fiduciary smarts, it’s a catalog of conspicuous consumption, highlighting tropical vacations, invaluable antiques and, as Ocean came to know, really expensive cars. Though he comes from a middle class family, he obsessively read the magazine’s classified ads, fixating on exorbitantly priced used Bentleys and Maybachs. “I would just fall in love with all their cars. That was the start.” Ocean, whowas born Christopher Breaux (and goes by Lonny to friends), downscaled his material desires, and when he was 13, began going door-to-door, detailing cars for cash. “I would bring all my supplies. Literally, it was like a movie, I had a wagon, those long red wagons, like a Radio Flyer-type wagon, and I used to buy my own soaps.”
rapradar.com

18-08-2011
V.I.P.

his voice is like a breath of fresh air in the music industry right now. The mixtape was amazing so I can't wait to see what he has in store for his solo project.

27-08-2011
Blood On The Leaves

His Tumblr:
http://frankocean.tumblr.com/

09-09-2011
V.I.P.

dont know if u guys already knew that but the woman talkin on "lovecrimes" was taken from Nicole kidman in eyes wide shut when she and tom cruise are having an argument

09-09-2011
V.I.P.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
frank, ocean