How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-01-2007
V.I.P.

Jennifer Hudson The 64th Annual Golden Globe Awards - Press Room
hqcb.net

16-01-2007
V.I.P.

beyonce,look and learn how 2 dress up for awards

16-01-2007
backstage pass

Jennifer Hudson just beams. She has a beautiful, beautiful face and the most amazing complexion. And she definitely knows how to flaunt what she's got while managing to look classy and elegant. her dress choices are understated and chic - compare her GG dress to Beyonce's over-the-top, blindingly look-at-me! glittery gowns. Her makeup is flawless. Everything is as smooth and powerful as her voice. I am so unbelievably happy for her success and I wish her tons more. She was the only reason to see Dreamgirls.

16-01-2007
meet the press

JENNIFER HUDSON: BEST
The supporting actress winner tops her Vera Wang gown with a mane of soft and sexy ringlets.

people.com

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
I really enjoy her style and it's great to see a genuinely curvy actress/singer making waves though i'm sure she gets her dresses specially made by the designers or at least altered. Regardless she looks AMAZING i'm really enjoying what her stylists are putting her in.
She's got good stylists, for sure. And I wouldn't be surprised that she gets "friend of the house" treatment by designers because she's one of the hotter things going and she's generally well put-together.

19-01-2007
front row

www.wireimage.com

20-01-2007
scenester

That is a really nice dress for her skin and her body shape. I'm just so happy it's not black!!

20-01-2007
V.I.P.

Jennifer Hudson, Jamie Foxx

"Ooh, I'm on top of the world!" an ebullient Jennifer Hudson announced at the Paramount Globes after-party, held on the main floor of an abandoned department store across from the Beverly Hilton. The store's elevators, their doors propped open, housed bartenders mixing drinks inside. Hudson and Jamie Foxx grooved to the tunes of Prince, Stevie Wonder and Beyoncé while they chilled on cool white sofas in the warehouse space, which was dressed up in ultra-modern decor.
instyle.com

Our Earthly Pleasures

I think she has been doing an amazing job of dressing to flatter her figure. Her dress at the Golden Globes was a particular success especially when viewed against the tacky horror which Beyonce chose.

21-01-2007
V.I.P.

^ totally agree. I think she has worn some really wonderful dresses. That one at the top of the page is gorgeous I think it hugs her body in all the right ways. Her GG dress was really lovely too.
Beyonce could learn a thing or two from her!

21-01-2007
front row

"Dreamgirls" - UK film premiere - After Party
January 21, 2007 - Hayward Gallery
London, United Kingdom

www.wireimage.com

21-01-2007
front row

It is abundantly clear that ALT is picking out her entire wardrobe. She looks like his puppet and half of the time she looks like she's not even comfortable in her own skin. I'm not in the least bit impressed since none of her dresses are from her own mind. Issa? Come on you know she has no clue who that is. So far I'm seeing 90% of her wardrobe consisting of black. And the few time she does venture away to some color the dress comes off completely wrong, as in the case of the Critics Choice awards. I must be the only one but I see her style as nonexistant and totally drap and predictable. I'm not a fan of anyone having to rely on stylists anyway but when it's so obvious that a person's entire style looks so scripted then it only hinders my view of them.

22-01-2007
backstage pass

^
If ALT keeps J. Hud from looking a mess, I'm all in favor of him serving as her stylist. So far, and I know it's very early, she is showing that statistically average sized women are not unattractive and difficult to dress.

22-01-2007
front row

I never said she was unattractive and difficult to dress. Not in the least bit! I happen to adore the fashion sense of women like Queen Latifah. All I'm saying is that I see no hint of originality or substance in the way she's dressing. Not surprising since none of it are her work. I would rather someone make fashion mistakes if they are THEIRS and theirs alone. To me this is the off-screen fashion equivalence to Curtis controlling the character of Deena from the movie. And she's now eating cocktail shrimp salads as entrees? Wow someone please get her away from the single-minded world of fashion politics asap! I want to see this woman blossom INTO HER OWN and not be told what to wear, what to eat, and how to pose. Let's give credit where it's due and applaud the dresses, shoes and hairstyles that HE has picked out for Ms. Hudson.

22-01-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelhoney
I never said she was unattractive and difficult to dress. Not in the least bit! I happen to adore the fashion sense of women like Queen Latifah. All I'm saying is that I see no hint of originality or substance in the way she's dressing. Not surprising since none of it are her work. I would rather someone make fashion mistakes if they are THEIRS and theirs alone. To me this is the off-screen fashion equivalence to Curtis controlling the character of Deena from the movie. And she's now eating cocktail shrimp salads as entrees? Wow someone please get her away from the single-minded world of fashion politics asap! I want to see this woman blossom INTO HER OWN and not be told what to wear, what to eat, and how to pose. Let's give credit where it's due and applaud the dresses, shoes and hairstyles that HE has picked out for Ms. Hudson.
Thanks for clarifying. Perhaps as she gains confidence in her own look, she'll grow away from being overly styled.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hudson, jennifer