How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-01-2007
V.I.P.

Jennifer Hudson is now an ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE!!!!!!!!! I am so proud if her! She comes accross as so sweet, so I wish her nothing but success.

23-01-2007
Meg
inspired contemplation

yes i agree jssy.

As for the styling - so?! who cares! Sorry but not everyone is born with style and i'd rather see someone dressing well for their figure (esp. one that is rare in the world of hollywood) than making a BAD statement. maybe j.hud knows she can't dress well! Plus she prob. needs a stylist to liase for her about getting some clothes custom made or altered. Not that she's that curvy or anything but prada only goes up to a size 44 or 46 and she is prob a 48. She's not going to call up Miuccia herself - she needs someone who has contacts and an understanding of the camera and what to highlight. She's so new to the business. Let her be! Sure she's being classic, but hell, she looks GREAT and that is all that counts.

23-01-2007
front row

It's not about being helped. It's about being controlled. I thought I made that point clear but whatever.

23-01-2007
Meg
inspired contemplation

No need to get angry caramelhoney. I think this is a basic principle of how hollywood works. There are less than a handful of actresses who dress themselves. It is not a sign of weakness or failure or control. It makes a lot of sense of someone who is new to the industry, who has an 'irregular' (for the industry) body shape, and may not have that great personal style to take on a stylist. Creating a look for a event (multiple ones) is not easy and I think you are extrapolating one thing to be indicative of a whole person and a whole industry.

23-01-2007
backstage pass

IMO I thinks she always looks radiant.

She is a beautiful girl

Who is ALT..Anyone?

Meg
inspired contemplation

I'm assuming caramel is referring to Andre Leon Talley the editor at large of Vogue (US).

23-01-2007
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssy4eva
Jennifer Hudson is now an ACADEMY AWARD NOMINEE!!!!!!!!! I am so proud if her! She comes accross as so sweet, so I wish her nothing but success.
Me also...I'm just so happy for her today

23-01-2007
V.I.P.

You know what I like most about her? The fact that at every awards show I have seen her at, she looks as if she didn't expect it, even though she 's the one with the most buzz. It's nice to see someone so humble.

I agree about her style. She wears what looks good on her and doesn't really follow the trends, which I think is always the better way.

23-01-2007
front row

Not angry a bit. Just trying to clarify myself since people are taking my words the wrong way

23-01-2007
V.I.P.

A 'DREAM' TEAM

It's the Dreamgirls in action: Anika Noni-Rose, Beyoncé and first-time Oscar nominee Jennifer Hudson are a glam trio at their film's London premiere on Sunday.
people.com

V.I.P.

Jennifer Hudson & Eddie Murphy 13th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards ~ SHOW
hqcb.net

V.I.P.

Jennifer Hudson 13th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards - Arrivals
hqcb.net

V.I.P.

Anika Noni Rose, Jennifer Hudson, America Ferrera

For Sunday night's ceremony, at which actors from the big and small screens got together to honor the year's outstanding performances, the guest list read like a dream-team marquee: Leonardo DiCaprio, Cate Blanchett, Ryan Gosling, Rachel McAdams, Eddie Murphy, Patricia Arquette, Patrick Dempsey, Ellen Pompeo, Katherine Heigl, Felicity Huffman, Eva Longoria, Teri Hatcher, and big winners like Jennifer Hudson and America Ferrera (here with Anika Noni Rose) were struck with respect—and sometimes even awe—when they spotted their most-admired colleagues.

Jennifer Muirhead
instyle.com

V.I.P.

She looked beautiful last night, that dress was a great choice for her. The color was great on her and her makeup was flawless. She looked every inch the diva that she is, time for someone other than Beyonce to bring and little bling!

02-02-2007
V.I.P.

Jennifer Hudson

SAG award winner and Oscar nominee Jennifer Hudson greeted fans at the Santa Barbara Film Festival, at which Dreamgirls director Bill Condon was honored with the Montecito Award. Hudson's co-star Anika Noni Rose also joined in the fun.
instyle.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hudson, jennifer