How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-12-2005
V.I.P.

Kanye West doesn't care about women!

16-12-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I don't mind him, really. But I do have to comment that while his lyrics are witty, and some are good, they aren't smooth in my book... live it just seemed like some of his lines lacked flow... but could just be me.

16-12-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelmama
Sorry you despise him soo much Diorling .

I like Kanye. He is a breathe of long needed fresh air. His sense of style is cool. His lyrics are witty and smooth.
Agreed.

And is there anyway we can ban the Katrina phrase that he made so popular?

16-12-2005
V.I.P.

I like him. The subject matter of his songs, his beats, his sense of style. His lyrics are strong, but they're always one line that makes the whole phrase falter.

There was a review in Now Magazine in Toronto saying that all he does is cater to the black man and the variety of troubles that they encounter. Come to think about it, a person who would write the lyrics for "Diamonds" think differently from someone afflicted with the company of a "Gold Digger." Whatever he says in his songs might just reflect a certain voice of his community and might not actually be his own. I mean, that's what a lot of artists do. So Fabulyss, chances are that he actually cares about women.

He's also a camera whore, which ruins his genius side.

He also went to art shcool. If anyone has any pictures of his sketches I will love you forever.

But he's more intelligent than 50 Cent. We should give him that. I also kinda wanna sleep with him too.

Last edited by fouroclock; 16-12-2005 at 11:44 PM.
18-12-2005
V.I.P.

[quote=fouroclock]Whatever he says in his songs might just reflect a certain voice of his community and might not actually be his own. I mean, that's what a lot of artists do. So Fabulyss, chances are that he actually cares about women.

quote]

Oh, right...everybody else is doing it, let's perpetuate it! Also, just because someone comments on politics and world affairs...doesn't mean they're intelligent!

18-12-2005
V.I.P.

No. He's reflecting what other people are thinking.

You're making me cry with the rolleyes smiley.

And misogyny and people assuming bad things about certain groups is a reality. What will not talking about it do to help solve the problem?

31-12-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
I really can't stand the way he dresses, it's nothing new. It's new for a rapper, but not new in general. Yes, it looks nice but I dont consider him a fashion savant like many do.

There is a boy at my school that looks JUST like Kanye, he has possibly the worst personality. He thought he mattered cause he looked like Kanye...Poor thing (he smelled like popcorn too)

I hate his new song too. All he does is sample music, didnt PDiddle get in trouble because of that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
Kanye West is a moron. He is just like Diddy back when he was Puff Daddy. I see no talent. All practically mysogynistic, or even when he has a decent message going he has to be tacky.

I can never forget at the VMA after show he was polishing his shoes so everyone could see, and when he though the camera wasnt looking he stopped then started again after he realized the camera was still shooting. Hilarious. His shoes were last season Gucci..
He doesn't use samples in all of his songs, if you actually listened to any of them, you'd know this

Let me qoute dear Kanye...
"there always be haters, that's the way it is, hater n*****, marry hater bit****, and have hater kids"
You are one of those haters, ..
I mean really, who the eff cares if his Gucci shoes were LAST SEASON! LIKE OMG, that's such a crime. If he likes it, it shouldn't matter what season it's from.

Last edited by Classic Urban; 31-12-2005 at 08:03 AM.
31-12-2005
No One Does It Like You.

Hmmm... do you like Diamonds are from Sierra Leone?
The video was done in Prague!

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Urban
He doesn't use samples in all of his songs, if you actually listened to any of them, you'd know this

Let me qoute dear Kanye...
"there always be haters, that's the way it is, hater n*****, marry hater bit****, and have hater kids"
You are one of those haters, ..
I mean really, who the eff cares if his Gucci shoes were LAST SEASON! LIKE OMG, that's such a crime. If he likes it, it shouldn't matter what season it's from.
EXACTLY!! Karma!!

31-12-2005
V.I.P.

last season, this season who the hell cares.
shouldn t it be all bout his craft since he s an artist?? i saw a rerun of Oprah yesterday and he was on it.
she told him that people say he s arrogant, he said that if he didn t promote himself who will and since he knows he does a good job, there s nothin with saying the truth.
totally agree

31-12-2005
tfs star

^ Yeah, I like his "I don't give a damn" attitude.

I saw him on an MTV2 special and he goes, "People say that I'm bigheaded and concteited.....Who are you?!, I don't know you!"

And it's true. Who cares what people think.

31-12-2005
rising star

I love Kanye West!

07-01-2006
trendsetter

Kayne West is a good musician. But on that note I think hes overated, and that is partly his fault with his big ego. If he could keep his mouth shut and quit acting like a dofus I would find him attractive.

Always Coming Back Home To You - Atmosphere
07-01-2006
living in the sprawl

^ I've seen numerous Kanye interviews on TV and he didn't seem that pompous ..

but I love Kanye for some reason

y-piece,
and tu
rned into a castle for some towering queen
15-02-2006
fashion icon

I love kanye.. i love his music (his albums and some that he has produced are some of my all time favourites) and i love his style ... hahah heres sum pix from the grammys jus coz i thort they were hot outfits
purple suit.jpgred black white.jpg

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kanye, west