How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-07-2005
windowshopping

Kanye West
I really like Kanye West's style in clothing, wearing a lot of Ralph Lauren and bright colours. I can't find many good pictures of him and was wondering if anyone could post some pics or even tell me some good sites that sell Ralph Lauren other than polo.com. Also, what do you think of this brightly coloured preppy style?

23-07-2005
front row

I love his choice of colors too. He wears them as a shirt under a jacket or when he's dressing down like the polo shirts. I have some pictures and I'll post them if anyone could tell me how

23-07-2005
V.I.P.

I like his style. He doesn' t over do his "bling bling" which is a BIG plus. He often combines a luxurious jacket or cardigan with a simple pair of jeans and some FAB old school sneakers. He is kind of a trend setter for some rappers who now sport this preppy look. John Legend (not a rapper) has a similiar style aswell.

Some pictures

I like his cardigan here

23-07-2005
trendsetter

he's so cute

23-07-2005
V.I.P.

I love Kanye! That shirt in the last picture reminds me of one wyatt posted:p When I have time I'll have to post pictures of Kanye

EdK
trendsetter

that tiger t shirt is Dolce & Gabbana FW 04

23-07-2005
V.I.P.

I really can't stand the way he dresses, it's nothing new. It's new for a rapper, but not new in general. Yes, it looks nice but I dont consider him a fashion savant like many do.

There is a boy at my school that looks JUST like Kanye, he has possibly the worst personality. He thought he mattered cause he looked like Kanye...Poor thing (he smelled like popcorn too)

I hate his new song too. All he does is sample music, didnt PDiddle get in trouble because of that?

Last edited by Diorling; 23-07-2005 at 11:59 PM.
23-07-2005
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Moved to the Art of Noise

24-07-2005
windowshopping

I agree. He does have an unique way of dress and pulls it off very well.

24-07-2005
front row

He came and played at my school but he's not very good live. So, I'm pretty turned off by him. He has ok style, but like someone else said, it's nothing new.

26-07-2005
front row

I love KAnye West I think he is the best thing that has come out in music in a long time His style is really hot too Yeah its been done but I like how he does it

03-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
I really can't stand the way he dresses, it's nothing new. It's new for a rapper, but not new in general. Yes, it looks nice but I dont consider him a fashion savant like many do.

There is a boy at my school that looks JUST like Kanye, he has possibly the worst personality. He thought he mattered cause he looked like Kanye...Poor thing (he smelled like popcorn too)

I hate his new song too. All he does is sample music, didnt PDiddle get in trouble because of that?
Thank You!!! exactly how I feel!
people are giving him waaay too much credit just because his clothes actually fit him.

03-09-2005
front row

i actually love his style..and his music..when he had just started, he used to dress very preppy but now its more refined.

10-09-2005
trendsetter

late registration (kanye west)
i like kanye... despite people's disses over his comments on bush, i mean he's very talented.

i got his new CD and it's very different from what i'm used to listening to... awesome.

what do you guys think?

i don't think you're worth a second glance.
11-09-2005
fashion icon

I'm actually listening to this album right now...I LOVE it, it's soooo much better than College Dropout it's not even funny. I think teaming up with Jon Brion was a stroke of genius, the instrumentation is out of this world. With this album I believe Kanye has finally pushed himself to the Dr. Dre level of production where he's transcended hip hop, i see him as a pop composer/arranger in the manner of a modern day Burt Bacharach!

Also his rhymes have gotten a lot better, he sounds very effortless and clever now.

What's your favorite song? Mine are "Heard Em Say" and "Celebration." Especially the first verse of "Heard Em Say" (that rhyme scheme w/ 'dope boys were the rock stars/but they can't cop cars without seein cop cars' rolls off the tongue) and Adam Levine's soulful chorus.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kanye, west