How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-10-2009
don't look down

And some more outfit changes from that appearance (dailymail.co.uk):

17-10-2009
don't look down

At the Chelsea Flower Show in May 2009 (same source):

don't look down

Katherine at the races at Royal Ascot; and at the Silver Clef Awards (same source):

don't look down

Hairwatch at Wimbledon (same source):

Quote:
To dye for: Katherine Jenkins celebrates her 29th birthday at Wimbledon with a blonder 'do

Since Katherine Jenkins first leaped to fame five years ago, the opera singer has been growing blonder every year.

Spotted in the royal box at Wimbledon on Tuesday, it appeared the Welsh soprano had reached the limits of her dye habit with a platinum blonde style. Fresh from celebrating her 29th birthday on Monday, the singer stood out from the crowd at Centre Court with her bright locks, which she had dyed on Friday.

Just in time for the hottest weather of the year, Katherine looked summery with her newly-dyed hair and white summer dress.

Although born a brunette, Katherine has been dyeing her hair blonde since she was working as a music teacher seven years ago. When she signed her first recording contract is 2004, the fresh-faced 23-year-old was strawberry blonde. As her fame progressed, Katherine has tried various shades of blonde from ash blonde in 2005 until a lighter golden blonde last year.

don't look down

Singing for Wales at the opening of the Ashes (same source):

Quote:
Lady in red Katherine Jenkins opens the Ashes with Welsh hymn, before TWO anthems and another hymn

Opera singer Katherine Jenkins opened the Ashes today with a rendition of Land of My Fathers. Cricket chiefs chose the Welsh hymn as they feared that the mainly local Cardiff crowd would not get behind the home team.

The soprano performed to the sold out Sophia Gardens in a striking red dress. Her performance was followed by both the English and Australian National Anthems as well as the hymn Jerusalem.

don't look down

Katherine wears one of Mrs Beckham's dresses in August 2008 (same source):

don't look down

Break-ups can be messy (dailymail.co.uk):

Quote:
Ditched by La Diva: She’s started to believe her own hype, says manager as Katherine Jenkins dumps him after six years

She has amassed a multi-million pound fortune, has a TV presenter boyfriend and is set to break America.

Now, it seems, Katherine Jenkins has ticked another showbusiness box - the obligatory dispute with her management. After an acrimonious fall-out, the opera singer has left Brian Lane, who helped to turn her into one of the world’s best-selling stars, and taken on two new managers.

Mr Lane, 69, said last night: ‘She’s hired a lawyer, I’ve hired a lawyer, and I’m leaving it to them to work out a solution with her.

‘I thought I did a fairly good job of managing her but obviously it wasn’t good enough. I have worked with Katherine for the past six years after being introduced to her after she got her first recording contract. She is a superbly talented artist. Sometimes when an artist becomes successful, they start to believe their own hype. I’ve managed a lot of people but I’ve never had anything like this happen before.’

A source claimed there was an argument over Katherine’s fees, an allegation denied by both sides. Her spokesman said: ‘I’m not aware of things of that nature’, while Mr Lane denied any financial impropriety. He said: ‘I totally, categorically, deny doing anything improper.’

Mr Lane, who has managed rock group Yes and athlete Daley Thompson, guided Katherine throughout, promoting and protecting her wholesome reputation. He was behind her decision to visit Afghanistan as the ‘Forces sweetheart’ and came up with the idea for her bestselling show Viva La Diva, with ballerina Darcey Bussell.

Mr Lane also masterminded her admission last year that she had taken Ecstasy and cocaine, a scandal from which she emerged relatively unscathed. An industry insider said: ‘It is a shock. Brian’s a nice guy. Without him, Katherine wouldn’t be who she is today.’

She lives in London with her boyfriend, Welsh former Blue Peter host Gethin Jones, 31, and has always insisted she would never be a diva. She said last autumn: ‘I’m not grand. I’ve heard it said that if you become well known, it’s not you who changes but the people around you. I think that’s right. I still feel exactly the same inside as I did when I was a teenager.

'Having said that, I’m more confident these days and more assertive if I have to be.’

She certainly appears to have acted decisively in changing managers to Tara Joseph and Peter Leak of Nettwerk Management.

Ms Joseph - Mr Lane’s former assistant, hired to look after Katherine - made the announcement on July 30 in an email to industry associates. Next day, new contact details were posted on the star’s website. Such is the bitterness over his departure that Mr Lane no longer boasts about Katherine on his website, Bandana Management. Nettwerk also manages Welsh band Stereophonics. But singer Dido recently left the company.

Last night, Katherine’s spokesman said she had changed managers as part of a wider strategy to find success in America. Her album, Believe, will be released in Britain in October, then in the U.S. early next year.

The spokesman said: ‘She is entering a new phase in her career. She is launching her album with Warner in America and Nettwerk Management is a global operator with an office in Los Angeles. As when any relationship ends, they are in the middle of working things through. It’s a change and there are always people who will try to have a dig - but Katherine wishes Brian well.’
Attached Images
File Type: jpg article-0-0610C49A000005DC-750_233x385.jpg (26.3 KB, 0 views)

don't look down

Out on the town (same source):

Quote:
Katherine Jenkins looks a little squiffy after a double dose of partying

It appears Katherine Jenkins is burning the candle at both ends. The opera diva was pictured leaving out on the town - the second time in as many nights - looking a rather worse for wear.

While she managed to remain composed on her first outing, Friday night saw the singing sensation emerge from London nightclub Jalouse, needing a helping hand after a heavy night out.

Despired the demure look, Katherine, sporting a knee-length one-shouldered dress and Christian Louboutin heels, appeared to have been knocking back the drinks, as she couldn't help but stain her teal blue outfit.

The night before, Katherine, who is dating Strictly Come Dancing star Gethin Jones, opted for the Jessica Rabbit look in the skin-tight £1,500 black Victoria Beckham Collection dress. The blonde was dressed to the nines for a dinner at the Connaught Hotel in central London, before moving on for drinks with Ronan Keating at The Ivy.

don't look down

Running for charity in September 2009 (same source):

don't look down

Wearing a £1,750 Victoria Beckham purple satin dress and Chopard earrings to the GQ Men of the Year Awards (same source):

don't look down

A photoshoot she did for the Mail on Sunday (dailymail.co.uk):

don't look down

Various shots (same source):

don't look down

Katherine at the Macmillan De’Longhi Art Auction (same source):

Quote:
Katherine Jenkins is being lined up as a new ambassador for Macmillan Cancer Support.

The Welsh mezzo soprano has long supported the charity after losing her father to lung cancer when she was just 15 and is being courted as a patron.

‘Katherine is exactly the sort of person we want to work with and we’d love to have her officially on board,’ said a Macmillan insider.

Katherine, 29, who was at last week’s Macmillan De’Longhi Art Auction, seems more than happy to get on side.

‘Macmillan looked after us when my father was ill, so I always sing or do something special for their events,’ she said. I bought the first painting at the auction for £1,800 because the charity is so special to me.’
Attached Images
File Type: jpg article-1217971-06A24959000005DC-175_468x675.jpg (60.3 KB, 0 views)

don't look down

Presenting Dame Vera Lynn with a Lifetime Achievement Award (same source):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg article-1219856-06CB76F8000005DC-802_468x798.jpg (94.4 KB, 0 views)

don't look down

Katherine at the Samsung Pink Ribbon Breast Awareness Day at Westfield Shopping Centre in London (same source):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg article-0-06D610EF000005DC-707_468x886.jpg (94.8 KB, 1 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jenkins, katherine