How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-01-2010
V.I.P.

Kesha (aka Ke$ha) leaves The Wendy Williams Show wearing a fur coat in New York, January 14, 2010

tlfan

16-01-2010
fashion insider

I love her crazy, odd, aboriginal, layered, messy style.

16-01-2010
fashion insider

shes gorgeous too, despite you haters.

19-01-2010
V.I.P.

promoting her new #1 album, Animal, in stores today.

justjared

19-01-2010
front row

She is damn cool, i love all the layering and accessories!

21-01-2010
front row

http://mainecampus.com/2010/01/14/op...c/?ref=article

this article says it all!

In Bloom

^OMFG. It sounds like the same chord sequence as Justice's "The Party".

we were in love

21-01-2010
V.I.P.

^ Kesha is another joke like Gaga, no doubts about that.

21-01-2010
fashion insider

Since when is going platinum a joke?
Both are great artists, and many other people seem to think so too!

21-01-2010
backstage pass

I think people are taking this girl wayyyy too seriously. It's fun, mindless pop music. Not everything needs to be analyzed.

And if we actually took the time to think about just how many artists out there are "copying eachother" we would never be able to enjoy music again.

I think everyone should just lighten up about it.

21-01-2010
front row

^ I agree with what Sav said, it's just fun music.

22-01-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Who cares of what many people say ? The majority of people doesn't even understand music. It's like those people that look at a painting and say "Amazing !" but if you ask them why they won't why. You go to a Conservatory of Music with your Kesha CD, tell them to listen to it and they will tell you about it. I'm in my 4th year of music school and I think I'm competent enough to analyze music, because I do have the capacity to understand it.

Quote:
I think people are taking this girl wayyyy too seriously. It's fun, mindless pop music. Not everything needs to be analyzed.
Not way too serious, I'm not talking about Kesha only, but Gaga, Britney and so on. The thing is, in this world there's still many talented people but they didn't and probably never will get high as Gaga or Kesha, because these pop stars just ruin every chance from others to have some success, to show their talent ... the music made in last decade was worst than the 90's and will continue declining and these pop stars specially Kesha and Gaga are the worst of the worst that has ever come to the music industry. Besides, Kesha's and Gaga's voice is not even their real voices, it's transformed, if you can actually see that by listening to their songs.

Quote:
And if we actually took the time to think about just how many artists out there are "copying eachother" we would never be able to enjoy music again.
Of course, it's like fashion, everything is invented, what else can you come up with ? The difference is that some just copy and that's it and others actually try making something original.

22-01-2010
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierRaphael View Post
I agree with you, everyone deserves to have their own taste in music. I always hate it when people belittle what other people like by claiming that they know nothing about that particular subject. Its called personal tastes, I know pwoplw that would find Beethoven or Pavaroti crappy and I respect that.

22-01-2010
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe View Post
Who cares of what many people say ? The majority of people doesn't even understand music. It's like those people that look at a painting and say "Amazing !" but if you ask them why they won't why. You go to a Conservatory of Music with your Kesha CD, tell them to listen to it and they will tell you about it. I'm in my 4th year of music school and I think I'm competent enough to analyze music, because I do have the capacity to understand it.

Not way too serious, I'm not talking about Kesha only, but Gaga, Britney and so on. The thing is, in this world there's still many talented people but they didn't and probably never will get high as Gaga or Kesha, because these pop stars just ruin every chance from others to have some success, to show their talent ... the music made in last decade was worst than the 90's and will continue declining and these pop stars specially Kesha and Gaga are the worst of the worst that has ever come to the music industry. Besides, Kesha's and Gaga's voice is not even their real voices, it's transformed, if you can actually see that by listening to their songs.

Of course, it's like fashion, everything is invented, what else can you come up with ? The difference is that some just copy and that's it and others actually try making something original.
Well these are called trends, we cant impose music on other people simply because we believe what they like is tacky and talentless. Theres no clear definition of talent IMO, its just how someone makes the sound appealing
Also about originality, whats the point of being original if ur gonna make something boring

Last edited by Urban Stylin; 22-01-2010 at 11:51 AM.
22-01-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Also about originality, whats the point of being original if ur gonna make something boring.
Huh ? One thing doesn't exclude the other .....

Quote:
Theres no clear definition of talent IMO
People like Sarah McLachlan or Susan Boyle are naturally talented, they have very good voices, not like these Pop Stars that I mentioned that have no talent. Talent is something you born with, some people are talented to sing, some to play football and so on.

Quote:
I agree with you, everyone deserves to have their own taste in music. I always hate it when people belittle what other people like by claiming that they know nothing about that particular subject. Its called personal tastes, I know pwoplw that would find Beethoven or Pavaroti crappy and I respect that.
Of course, I do like pop music, as a matter of fact, every genre of music but these pop stars don't have any quality whatsoever.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ke$ha, kesha, sebert