How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-07-2009
V.I.P.

Kimberley Walsh
I think all of the Girls Aloud singers deserve their own thread.

Kimberley Walsh arriving at the Vanilla Club in London, 1st July 2009:

thecelebritycity

05-07-2009
V.I.P.

Kimberley Walsh arriving at LAX Airport, 19th June 2009:

thecelebritycity

06-07-2009
trendsetter

Thanks for starting the thread. Kimberley is gorgeous

06-07-2009
trendsetter

Kimberley leaving Take That after party (05/07/09)

Girls Aloud Media (Lah)

06-07-2009
fashion insider

Yay! Thanks for the Kimba thread! xo

25-08-2009
trendsetter

Kimberley leaving Nobu (11/07/09)

25-08-2009
trendsetter

Kimberley outside the Hammersmith Apollo (29/07/09)

25-08-2009
trendsetter

Kimberley and Justin arriving at Century Club (01/08/09)

25-08-2009
trendsetter

Kimberley arriving at the Mayfair Hotel London (05/08/09)

25-08-2009
trendsetter

Kimberley and Justin outside Jewel (15/08/09)

25-08-2009
trendsetter

Kimberley at V festival (21/08/09)

credit for all the pics to Girls Aloud Media

Kimberley Walsh, new face of New Look

Kimberley Walsh, singer with British pop group Girls Aloud, is the new face of New Look. She will be lending her image to the autumn-winter 2009/2010 collection from the clothing brand.

“At 29 years old, Kimberley Walsh is a true star in Britain,” the brand enthused in explanation of its choice. “With a look that’s half-rock, half-babydoll and a physique to rival Beyonce, she is the pop phenomenon of recent years. ‘Girls Aloud’ is the biggest group in the UK at the moment and has already sold close to 5 million records around the world!”
http://uk.fashionmag.com/news/news.php?id=71392

02-09-2009
don't look down

More of the New Look shots, I think she looks absolutely amazing (dailymail.co.uk):

trendsetter

Thanks, I think she looks amazing. Love the second shot!

03-09-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
KIMBERLEY'S NEW LOOK

AS SHE CELEBRATES BECOMING THE FACE OF A HIGH-STREET FAVOURITE, THE GIRLS ALOUD BEAUTY TALKS STYLE TIPS AND THE BODY PARTS SHE WON'T SHOW!

Girls Aloud may be taking a break from the world of pop, but it seems Kimberley Walsh has a new role on her hands after being selected to become the new face of New look's Autumn/Winter campaign. And when Fashionista caught up with the gorgeous singer,27, she was overjoyed. 'There was a poll on the New Look website to vote for a celebrity model and they chose me!' she beamed. 'How amazing is that?'
Here, Kimberley - who is dating long-term love Justin Scott, formerly of boy band Triple 8 - chats about her style no-no's, getting over-excited about The X-Factor and sticking up for her pals....

Is it strange modelling without the rest of Girls Aloud?
It's quite weird, because when you're chosen to do a modelling job, it's so different from when we're doing shoots as a group. I look at it like learning a new skill. It's not about me, it's all about the clothes and making them look their best.

You've often described going on tour as being a great 'fat burner'...
When you're touring it doesn't feel like you're exercising. Don't get me wrong, it's really hard work, but it's not like dragging yourself to the gym for a workout. The only thing is, when the tour is over, you can feel it going the other way and then you do have to hit the gym.

Do you follow a particular diet?
I wish I had a good plan, but I actually find that when you're exercising you eat healthier things because you're in that mindset. But sometimes, when you come off stage, you eat whatever you want. You feel as though you've earned it.

What's the worst thing a stylist could ask you to slip into for a shoot?
A miniskirt. I don't love my legs, so I wouldn't want for that to be the main focus. With tights I'll consider it, but I'd never choose to wear a miniskirt with bare legs - no way!

So is that your big style no-no?
The thing is, I always harp on about dressing for your shape and sometimes that means not following trends too closely because they might not suit you. We all see models wearing amazing clothes and would love to wear them, but you have to be realistic. Plus, I believe less is more. Never show legs and cleavage - it's just wrong!

Your style has changed so much from when you started in the band, is it because you can now buy designer?
When you're in this job you can't help but follow what the designers are doing, though I tend to buy what I like so I end up with a mix of designer and High Street clothes. New look is really good at following the trends right off the catwalk and in a way that's affordable.

What's your favourite designer label?
I love Preen stuff because it pulls me in at the right places and covers the 'larger' areas. I wore the bandage dress for my birthday, but that was a real treat as they're really expensive.

Do you prefer hitting the stores or shopping online?
I used to like to go and shop because you try more on and buy a bit more. But I love internet shopping, it's like getting a present when it arrives!

Are you as giddy as Fashionista is about The X Factor being back?
I'm so excited! I love that it's finding new talent and giving people an opportunity. It's amazing.

Will you be helping your pal Cheryl pick her finalists again this year?
No, I'm not, but it'll be interesting to watch it from afar. It'll be nice to take a step back and give an outsider's opinion to her.

Another of your bandmates, Nicola, has struggled in the past after criticism in the media. Have you been hurt by anything you've read or heard about yourself?
To be honest, people saying things about her was more annoying to me than when someone said anything about me. When it's you, you take it in your stride. I've been lucky that I don't get a hard time, though I'm sure if I had I'd think differently

She's obviously come out of it a strong girl, but it must've been hard at the time...
I was older than both Nicola and Nadine coming into the group, so I found it easier to deal with. Nicola was only 16 and she did have a tough time, but it's come full circle. Now she's really happy and looks amazing.

What was your last big night out, and what did you wear?
It was for my sister's 30th at London's Century club. I was wearing a navy blue jumpsuit that was quite comfortable - and I could dance without worrying about flashing anything!
Girls Aloud Media

03-09-2009
V.I.P.

I think New Look is tacky for the most part, but she looks good.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kimberley, walsh