How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
11-09-2009
  871
front row
 
Killer Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 202
the reason we follow stylists and designers is because fashion is always change, style is always changing, it gives us something to look forward to, something different, something new. i wouldn't follow designers if they constantly created the same thing. i could say the same thing about physical appearance, don't get me wrong i like leigh and she is a pretty girl but i agree with denise, some evolution would be nice. it's getting boring, who wants their trademark to be "understated?" fashion is fashion, you're either in or you're out and if you don't bring something new to the table you'll be out, she should change it up a bit and give us something to keep us intrigued

 
 
11-09-2009
  872
rising star
 
denisehuxtable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: the silver factory
Gender: femme
Posts: 134
thanks killer! i don't remember where the picture came from, you can delete it! stylesightings

 
11-09-2009
  873
backstage pass
 
cuiviénen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 578
^^Yes I agree that fashion changes but style doesn't...You either have a sense of style or you don't. Style is static, and fashion fluid. I think Leigh is one of those people who doesn't necessarily dress to make loud, brash statements. Her choice in clothing and her overall look seem to be closely linked to her personality. And personally I see nothing wrong with an individual who chooses to make understatement (and I'm not only talking about clothing choice here) their "trademark." You make a great point in your above post that "fashion is fashion" and that a person "should bring something new to the table or you'll be out." But this statement and your request for evolution would fittingly apply to fashion designers more so than an individual. What is fashion but a pastiche of trends? Fashion (in a way) is an artistic form of appropriation - it can never be entirely "new" only renewed.

__________________
Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.
 
11-09-2009
  874
V.I.P.
 
McClaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: United States
Gender: femme
Posts: 7,053
That is a really great picture of her.

 
11-09-2009
  875
V.I.P.
 
fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Austria
Gender: femme
Posts: 28,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuiviénen View Post
^^Yes I agree that fashion changes but style doesn't...You either have a sense of style or you don't. Style is static, and fashion fluid. I think Leigh is one of those people who doesn't necessarily dress to make loud, brash statements. Her choice in clothing and her overall look seem to be closely linked to her personality. And personally I see nothing wrong with an individual who chooses to make understatement (and I'm not only talking about clothing choice here) their "trademark." You make a great point in your above post that "fashion is fashion" and that a person "should bring something new to the table or you'll be out." But this statement and your request for evolution would fittingly apply to fashion designers more so than an individual. What is fashion but a pastiche of trends? Fashion (in a way) is an artistic form of appropriation - it can never be entirely "new" only renewed.
very well said, 100% agreed

__________________
bring on the headless horses, wherever they may roam....
 
12-09-2009
  876
front row
 
Killer Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 202
i agree there's nothing wrong with making an understatement but i don't think asking for evolution is innapropriate in leigh's case. what has leigh done to contribute to her "fame?" aside from djing, misshapes (which ended..) and "modeling", she hasn't done anything to prove to be a lasting impact. she gets gothed up in every photoshoot because that's the image she's projected and the latter made industry people go wow, who's that girl? people became interested in leigh (in the fashion world) for her looks and image, not because she designs clothes or is a working, professional model. i would understand if this was a top model that doesn't have to dress a certain way off duty, but this is a girl who hasn't done much else to warrant ongoing attention. she needs to switch it up to keep people interested

 
13-09-2009
  877
rising star
 
denisehuxtable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: the silver factory
Gender: femme
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Queen View Post
i agree there's nothing wrong with making an understatement but i don't think asking for evolution is innapropriate in leigh's case. what has leigh done to contribute to her "fame?" aside from djing, misshapes (which ended..) and "modeling", she hasn't done anything to prove to be a lasting impact. she gets gothed up in every photoshoot because that's the image she's projected and the latter made industry people go wow, who's that girl? people became interested in leigh (in the fashion world) for her looks and image, not because she designs clothes or is a working, professional model. i would understand if this was a top model that doesn't have to dress a certain way off duty, but this is a girl who hasn't done much else to warrant ongoing attention. she needs to switch it up to keep people interested

exactly my point, she's been pigeonholed by her whole look. her dresses @ costello tagliapietra and herve were greys colored. she always gets black clothes. the white versace dress was so refreshing! i'd love it if someone give her a dusty pink or another purple to wear JUST ONCE! maybe a little braided lolita hair style? she's such a beautiful girl and she should experiment


Last edited by denisehuxtable; 13-09-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: typo
 
15-09-2009
  878
tfs star
 
atlantis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,693
you mean like this?


style.com

 
15-09-2009
  879
V.I.P.
 
fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Austria
Gender: femme
Posts: 28,984
lots of pics of her at Fashion Week at Getty

gettyimages.com

for more just check out the link here

__________________
bring on the headless horses, wherever they may roam....
 
15-09-2009
  880
V.I.P.
 
fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Austria
Gender: femme
Posts: 28,984
HQs

celebritycity

__________________
bring on the headless horses, wherever they may roam....
 
15-09-2009
  881
V.I.P.
 
fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Austria
Gender: femme
Posts: 28,984
more



celebritycity

__________________
bring on the headless horses, wherever they may roam....
 
15-09-2009
  882
rising star
 
denisehuxtable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: the silver factory
Gender: femme
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis View Post
you mean like this?

style.com
exactly like that! loving this gaga diaper look. can't wait to see what matthew williamson has in store for london fw.


Last edited by Amelia; 06-10-2009 at 03:39 PM.
 
16-09-2009
  883
backstage pass
 
cinnamon-toast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Somewhere Tropical
Gender: femme
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Queen View Post
the reason we follow stylists and designers is because fashion is always change, style is always changing, it gives us something to look forward to, something different, something new. i wouldn't follow designers if they constantly created the same thing. i could say the same thing about physical appearance, don't get me wrong i like leigh and she is a pretty girl but i agree with denise, some evolution would be nice. it's getting boring, who wants their trademark to be "understated?" fashion is fashion, you're either in or you're out and if you don't bring something new to the table you'll be out, she should change it up a bit and give us something to keep us intrigued
I totally agree. I use to follow this thread heavily, but in the last year (or more) or so just peek in occasionally. She's gotten just too monotonous.

 
16-09-2009
  884
rising star
 
denisehuxtable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: the silver factory
Gender: femme
Posts: 134
wwd.com

 
16-09-2009
  885
V.I.P.
 
fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Austria
Gender: femme
Posts: 28,984
she looks stunning in this last pic!

__________________
bring on the headless horses, wherever they may roam....
 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2010, leigh, lezark, november, september
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.