How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-03-2012
fashion insider

some very interesting video i found with Madonna's interpretations from some of her most famous videos and the girl is doing it very well

http://vbox7.com/play:418ebbff33

09-03-2012
V.I.P.

What more can you want from a music video? Watch the teaser to Madonna’s Girl Gone Wild video with 4 of the most beautiful men in modeling today; Sean O’Pry, Simon Nessman, Jon Kortajarena and Rob Evans. The full video comes out March 26th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebtC5LdoYA

fashion insider

wow, this is probably one of Madonna's BEST videos and one of her worst songs ever! It looks amazing and it sounds horrible She would not have managed to pull off a song like that without using those male supermodels.

10-03-2012
fashion elite

i love the song actually! idk maybe it's the my inner club slut who loves to mindlessly dance. and the video is just... wow. hot.

14-03-2012
V.I.P.

More of Madonna in a bra by Mert and Marcus

twitpic.com/8vxkyg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 537364312.jpg (24.5 KB, 149 views)

fashion insider

Olala, this is the sexiest photo of a 53 years old woman i have ever seen in my life, well done!

15-03-2012
front row

yeah,photoshop or not,she looks absolutely brilliant!

17-03-2012
barcode

^ Well with photoshop and the right doctor, lots of 53 year old women could look that brilliant.

I'm just not loving the direction she's been taking, and what I've seen and heard from MDNA is doing nothing change my mind. I loved the first shot of the album art when it debuted, and hoped that it would be a return to something more dance than the pseudo-hip-pop she'd done on Hard Candy and with Revolver. But the more of the music from this album I've heard, the more I'm not looking forward to it. It's dancey and clubby, but it sounds just as generically dancey and clubby as so much of the other everything else that's been on the radio for the last 3-4 years, and the lyrical content is just immature and silly sounding, especially coming from an artist who, 20 years ago, 15 years ago, 10 years ago, gave us thoughtful songs that had some actual depth and meaning to them along with catchy music and infectious music videos. I hate that she's not only stopped maturing, stopped evolving her look, but devolved. I mean come on, stop calling yourself a girl gone wild at 53. You're not a girl anymore, nor do you have to be. Stop sticking your finger in your mouth all coy/slutty -- it's cheesy. Leave the lingerie, leave the S&M, leave the maneater/cominatrix image. Coming from you, almost 30 years later, it's just tired. You want to prove you're HBIC, don't do it by competing with performers half your age, do it by doing something they're not doing.

Can we tell I'm disappointed?

Last edited by Spike413; 17-03-2012 at 01:13 PM.
17-03-2012
fashion insider

oh yes, you definatelly sound disappointed))
I see nothing wrong with her, after all she is what she wants to be and how she feels to be, not what others expect her to be and this is the thing that I loved most about her when i first fell in love with her as a teenager...I do not think we should compaire her to other singers, she is Madonna and she gave us so much already. Maturing does not mean becoming serious and dressing up like a nunlol...She still looks great and she is not a grand-mother yet, so she can afford to be sexy, provocative and dates young guys. I am sure I will not like her album(I do not listen to her anymore), but she is an entertainer and the business mostly serves the needs of immature children, so this is what they produce. I do not think she creates art anymore, she is just putting up a product which she(and many other people involved with the project) want to sell and get money from it. And they will, no matter how much we will hate it. Just accept her the way she is and don't have any expectations. She will never reflect our expectations, she will do whatever she wants to do and this is what she has to do)

Last edited by radolgc; 17-03-2012 at 05:24 PM.
18-03-2012
front row

some of us need to accept the fact that Madonna will always be Madonna.She's going to do whatever she feels like doing and not take into consideration how the majority expects a 53 year-old to look,act and sound.MDNA won't be Ray of Light 2.0 but i'm pretty sure it'll be at the very least enjoyable.Plus,i think she still wants to express herself artisticly and say more complex things(hence W.E),and once she's going to feel it's the right time her music will reflect that again,too

18-03-2012
fashion insider

exactly!

18-03-2012
barcode

I hate to break it to you guys, and I'm truly not trying to get anyone to agree with me, but if this were anyone but Madonna I don't think anyone would have any trouble pointing out if something wasn't up to par. You don't get to set a standard for yourself, raise the bar, talk a big game, then even out and refuse to move forward without frustrating people whose expectations are higher because you used to exceed them.

And I never once said I wanted her to be like other 53 year olds...whatever the hell that means, anyway. I just think her older work, he past incarnations, had a hell of a lot more maturity, more gravitas, more depth. Her lyrics were more sophisticated as a 30 year old than they are as a 50 year old. You'd think that 20 years of life experience would give her something interesting to say.

Last edited by Spike413; 18-03-2012 at 09:21 PM.
19-03-2012
fashion insider

well, it is your personal opinion and you seem to have high expectations, but again she is not here to please me or you, she is just doing what she feels like doing. And most of us seem to be liking it almost every time(well, I am less and less impressed with time but we all mature), The fact you do not find her material mature enough to keep you interested might mean that you are much more mature now and it is a good thing. Entertainment is not about giving you life experiences, it is about giving you fun and fantasy. She is not a rebell anymore and she does not need to be. Rebells are normally people who are not mature enough to see the real game and raise their voices. She is more than mature and has a lot more life experiences(most of them amazing and much deeper than at the beginning of her career), which does not mean she must inply them all in her work as an artist. She is just having fun with it. If we need a deeper experience, we should never look for it in the work of a famous entertainer) But if you really want to find it somewhere, try the music of Sinead O'Conner

Last edited by radolgc; 19-03-2012 at 01:18 AM.
19-03-2012
barcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by radolgc View Post
well, it is your personal opinion and you seem to have high expectations, but again she is not here to please me or you, she is just doing what she feels like doing. And most of us seem to be liking it almost every time(well, I am less and less impressed with time but we all mature), The fact you do not find her material mature enough to keep you interested might mean that you are much more mature now and it is a good thing. Entertainment is not about giving you life experiences, it is about giving you fun and fantasy. She is not a rebell anymore and she does not need to be. Rebells are normally people who are not mature enough to see the real game and raise their voices. She is more than mature and has a lot more life experiences(most of them amazing and much deeper than at the beginning of her career), which does not mean she must inply them all in her work as an artist. She is just having fun with it. If we need a deeper experience, we should never look for it in the work of a famous entertainer) But if you really want to find it somewhere, try the music of Sinead O'Conner
Really? I don't know about you, but I usually expect a performer I'm a fan of to please me. Obviously if they don't it's not the end of the world, but I'm sorry, if you spend your career gaining fans who will shell out money for anything you produce, you damn well better try to please them at the very least. That's kind of a part of the deal.

And I'm sorry, your logic that if one were looking for some kind of deeper musical experience should look elsewhere is kind of strange because once upon a time, not that long ago, Madonna's work did have depth to it. But then again that wasn't at a time when she was trying desperately to stay relevant.

But ultimately what's most frustrating about what I've heard/seen thus far isn't the lack of depth, it isn't the unmet expectations on my part, it's that there doesn't seem to be a trace of anything distinct, unique or fresh. There's no statement to it, no cohesive idea. It sounds like so much of what's on the radio, right down the the silly lyrics. Maybe I'm reaching for the stars, but in all of the time that I've known about Madonna the one expectation I've ever really had is to expect the unexpected. None of the previews from MDNA are unexpected, not to me anyway.

20-03-2012
backstage pass

MDNA leaked... listening, enjoying it so far. All the links have been pulled now as far as I can see.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
madonna