How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Caf / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-03-2012
V.I.P.

i think the problem with the new album is that most of these collaborators suck except for william orbit.

20-03-2012
V.I.P.

Watch Now: Madonna's "Girl Gone Wild" Video Premiere!

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_no...d_video/302698

V.I.P.

Madonna Girl Gone Wild (Official Video) FULL HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAeiZ...&feature=share

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFalconer View Post
MDNA leaked... listening, enjoying it so far. All the links have been pulled now as far as I can see.
Really already. Thank god I got it. Track 13 & 16 aren't full length though.
I'm still going to buy but I was sick of waiting.

The booklet pics are awesome. Much better than Hard Candy's.

22-03-2012
barcode

Not feeling the video for Girl Gone Wild. It looks good and all, and I like the way it's edited, but it's kind of old hat as far as "contoversial" subject matter goes. Nudity, S&M, homoeroticism, sex, cross-dressing...it's just not as scandalous as it seems like it was meant to be because it doesn't feel raw. It's by-the-books.

23-03-2012
fashion elite

i liked the music video for girl gone wild. she looks very beautiful, but it was a nice kinda flash back to the 80's.

23-03-2012
backstage pass

Madonna MDNA HQ Press Shots

Source: madonnalicious.com

front row

M & M did a pretty great job!

26-03-2012
tfs star

That shot w/ her in her bra & panties--I just cannot digest, especially the one w/ her finger in her mouth (it's just plain dumb..no other word to describe it). If anything, it looks like she took a rejected shot from her Erotica promos (from, what was it, 20 years ago?) & had Mert & Marcus "work their magic" on it.

I was just listening to Bedtime Stories and thinking about the videos from that album: a million miles above and beyond what anybody was doing at that time. Just a truely class-act of an album, in every sense of the word. The lyrics, the mood, the instumentation, the production, the EVERYTHING was impeccably done. And the video to Take A Bow--wearing a bra & panties, but looking sensual (not sexual)..and also Louboutins, a whole decade & a half before becoming the footwear of choice for every Real Housewife!

So we went from all that..to this. Pre-order on iTunes? Forget it. Illegal download as a rainy-day project? Sure, why not?

26-03-2012
V.I.P.

I just bought MDNA. That's sick. I love the variety of the album. I'll wait a few more listenings to make my top favorites..
Now I cannot wait to be at the Stade de France on July 14

30-03-2012
backstage pass

Been listening to MDNA for a week now, liking it more and more. I'm with you, Valentine27, I'm enjoying the variety. So far I'm loving I'm Addicted, Gang Bang, Turn Up the Radio, I'm a Sinner, Beautiful Killer and I F**ked Up.

backstage pass

Thanks MrFalconer for sharing the hi-res shots.

Those M&M shots are just silly-- they resemble digital paintings. Jeez, Madonna no longer seems to like being photographed--I think she prefers to be painted as a very, very young plastic girl. The irony of it all is that she goes on about how people are so ageist, and she's right-- but than she approves of these terrible shots to represent herself; heavily photoshopped to such ridiculous lengths, where she not only look impossibly young, but unreal, and very much plastic. I wonder if she realizes her own hypocrisy?

Anyway, I do think Madonna is great and a true icon. There will never be another Madonna in our lifetime. Somebody that blends the commercial and underground, art and commerce, entertainment and politics, mixing the bourgeoisie and the rebel. No one can even comes close to this woman in the pop world. And having said that, I've been less than impressed with her these last few years; the Sticky & Sweet tour which looks like it simply recycles past performances, the clothing line, the perfume, the gyms... it all seems so uninspiring and clearly more of a sign she is whoring her legacy for the almighty dollar than anything to do with her "art" and being an artist.

Then I heard the new record a couple of weeks ago... I would love to say that it is Madonna's best work, but the truth to me is, it all sounds familiar, like I've heard it from her before, but less rich. However, I really like 5 of the tracks: "I'm A Sinner", "Love Spent", "Gang Bang", "Some Girls" and "I Don't Give A" are quite excellent. Although, it does feel like deja vu even with these 5 strong tracks: They're like the updated versions of tracks I've heard before, whether that's from the Ray Of Light era, Music era, or Confessions era. I don't think the sounds are anything new from what she's done before-- just more aggressive. Nicki is really stellar in I Don't Give A-- her and Madonna flow so well and effortlessly together-- unlike her forced 15 seconds in that horrible "Give Me All Your Lovin'" to appeal to the kidz , and the production is more white funk than hip-hop. But I think like anything in hip-hop, this track will date very quickly.

5 great tracks out of 15 isn't a glowing review, but that's pretty decent since I had such low expectations to begin with. I've no interest in the current Madonna the Persona, who seems more and more out of touch with reality, the underground, subcultures and comes across rather desperate to be down with the kidz I'm actually embarrassed for her. Maybe if she had projected a more titanic, original and age-appropriate Grande Dame persona as the one that she channeled in the 2010 Interview Mert and Marcus shoot, which was iconic, mature, and still sexy, I would be more interested. And that "Girl Gone Wild" video: It's M & M and Madonna paying tribute to Madonna's past. It's nice enough with all the top guys-- Simon Nessman is unreal, the Givenchy pieces and Kazaky, but she's done it all before-- and much, much better. She seems more predictable than fresh now.

I'm sure her fans are loving Madonna referencing her past work for this new era, but for a woman who often proclaimed she would never repeat herself, things appears-- reductive lately.

Not impressed at all this time, but I'm still fond of the ol' girl.

01-04-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
Thanks MrFalconer for sharing the hi-res shots.

Those M&M shots are just silly-- they resemble digital paintings. Jeez, Madonna no longer seems to like being photographed--I think she prefers to be painted as a very, very young plastic girl. The irony of it all is that she goes on about how people are so ageist, and she's right-- but than she approves of these terrible shots to represent herself; heavily photoshopped to such ridiculous lengths, where she not only look impossibly young, but unreal, and very much plastic. I wonder if she realizes her own hypocrisy?

Anyway, I do think Madonna is great and a true icon. There will never be another Madonna in our lifetime. Somebody that blends the commercial and underground, art and commerce, entertainment and politics, mixing the bourgeoisie and the rebel. No one can even comes close to this woman in the pop world. And having said that, I've been less than impressed with her these last few years; the Sticky & Sweet tour which looks like it simply recycles past performances, the clothing line, the perfume, the gyms... it all seems so uninspiring and clearly more of a sign she is whoring her legacy for the almighty dollar than anything to do with her "art" and being an artist.

Then I heard the new record a couple of weeks ago... I would love to say that it is Madonna's best work, but the truth to me is, it all sounds familiar, like I've heard it from her before, but less rich. However, I really like 5 of the tracks: "I'm A Sinner", "Love Spent", "Gang Bang", "Some Girls" and "I Don't Give A" are quite excellent. Although, it does feel like deja vu even with these 5 strong tracks: They're like the updated versions of tracks I've heard before, whether that's from the Ray Of Light era, Music era, or Confessions era. I don't think the sounds are anything new from what she's done before-- just more aggressive. Nicki is really stellar in I Don't Give A-- her and Madonna flow so well and effortlessly together-- unlike her forced 15 seconds in that horrible "Give Me All Your Lovin'" to appeal to the kidz , and the production is more white funk than hip-hop. But I think like anything in hip-hop, this track will date very quickly.

5 great tracks out of 15 isn't a glowing review, but that's pretty decent since I had such low expectations to begin with. I've no interest in the current Madonna the Persona, who seems more and more out of touch with reality, the underground, subcultures and comes across rather desperate to be down with the kidz I'm actually embarrassed for her. Maybe if she had projected a more titanic, original and age-appropriate Grande Dame persona as the one that she channeled in the 2010 Interview Mert and Marcus shoot, which was iconic, mature, and still sexy, I would be more interested. And that "Girl Gone Wild" video: It's M & M and Madonna paying tribute to Madonna's past. It's nice enough with all the top guys-- Simon Nessman is unreal, the Givenchy pieces and Kazaky, but she's done it all before-- and much, much better. She seems more predictable than fresh now.

I'm sure her fans are loving Madonna referencing her past work for this new era, but for a woman who often proclaimed she would never repeat herself, things appears-- reductive lately.

Not impressed at all this time, but I'm still fond of the ol' girl.
much of what's stated above is true and i quite agree.I still believe though that anything she puts out is better,more polished and definitely less pretentious than what other pop stars are doing atm.And honestly,I think she'll soon realize it's time to pull the "Grand-Dame" card out,i can see her getting there next

Last edited by fashion debutant; 01-04-2012 at 01:59 PM.

01-04-2012
backstage pass

^^^The thing is, Madonna's always referenced the iconic Grande Dames: Dietrich, Garbo, Jean Seberg, Jane Mansfield, Warhol... That's what makes her so much better than any of the other pop stars because her repository of iconic references had always been so rich. It's just now that she's so desperate to be down with the kidz-- she's obviously going through some midlife crisis. All the rent-a-rapper guest spots, skimpy outfits and urban entourage won't ever endear her to the kids; they will never accept a 53-year-old trying to be down with them.

And all her older fans who think she's so cool chasing the latest trends also look stupid and out of touch by going along with her. Acting her age, and not her shoe-size doesn't mean she has to sing Celine Dion power ballads in Vegas. Look at Grace Jones, who's still doing her thing, wearing very provocative designers, and making music that's modern and distinctively original, but mature. Madonna's just desperate to be relevant in the most crass and commercial sense, and her music and legacy is suffering as a result. Even a track like "Superstar" is quite good in it's simplicity, but then she ruins it by adding some nonsense line "Give you the password to my phone" to try to connect with the kidz? Really Madonna..? It's so cringeworthy to hear a mature woman sing that line. It's a joke. Like Spike413 mentioned, she's dumbing herself down to be accepted on the radio, who still ignores her despite the massive payola from Live Nation.

03-04-2012
Mr. Magic

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
madonna