How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-05-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by Acid@May 3rd, 2004 - 2:56 pm

and as for that 'prada' top.......it looks like something you can pick up for about £3 in a crappy high street store
I've been thinking that way about a lot of designer's clothes recently.

04-05-2004
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

HEY, at least she's dressing her age..

04-05-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by mayim+May 3rd, 2004 - 1:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mayim @ May 3rd, 2004 - 1:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-mikeijames@May 3rd, 2004 - 2:15 pm
i'm sorry but most people don't have this much style...she's paired the prada-of-the-moment top with linen pants and a chanel bag...i am struggling to see where she went wrong...would you guys let her off the hook if she carried a red chanel?...like she's so coordinated, she's boring...
I agree-
And if you don't carry a designer bag to the grocery store, what do you carry? Some piece of crap from the Gap? Come on-get real! [/b][/quote]
I like Gap

04-05-2004
rising star

Yuck. I'm sorry to all those Madonna fans. But I am sick of her alerady.

04-05-2004
Proponent of Plaid

Quote:
Originally posted by vintage_princess+May 4th, 2004 - 1:25 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vintage_princess @ May 4th, 2004 - 1:25 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-oanadobre@May 4th, 2004 - 1:19 pm
Sorry, but I would wear that outfit on a casual ocasion...
Agreed [/b][/quote]
I think she looks just fine. Very ordinary. She has always worn the contemporary styles of the day to great effect. I am thinking at the moment of the "Papa Don't Preach" video, especially.

She's beautiful and has been for longer than a lot of tFS members have even been alive!

Quote:
QUOTE (mayim @ May 3rd, 2004 - 1:20 pm)

And if you don't carry a designer bag to the grocery store, what do you carry? Some piece of crap from the Gap? Come on-get real
I'm more real than you could ever imagine, and I don't carry a designer bag anywhere. Why? Because some of us incredibly fabulous real people can't afford designer bags and don't want them anyway. I don't have anything from the GAP, either. Not my style...too conservative.

04-05-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by As You Like It@May 4th, 2004 - 10:10 pm

I'm more real than you could ever imagine, and I don't carry a designer bag anywhere. Why? Because some of us incredibly fabulous real people can't afford designer bags and don't want them anyway. I don't have anything from the GAP, either. Not my style...too conservative.
I only meant that if you were Madonna, that you would probably carry a designer bag to te grocery store, not switch out for some cheaper bag. I was commenting on someone else's comment that they would not take a designer bag to the grocery store.

19-05-2004
rising star

Photographed by Steven Klein

19-05-2004
Vision of Paradise

snooze

19-05-2004
Heated

"Wow, that Madonna! She's so provocative!"

I think Lo said it best.

19-05-2004
Hoppity Hop

That photo reminds me of Rianne at Marc by MJ Spring 04 except that Rianne is a billion times prettier.

19-05-2004
Stitch:the Hand

If ever there was a 'has been' she would be the perfect candidate right now. Therefore, ditto.....completely snooze inducing.

19-05-2004
Heated

She's a bit embarrassing at this point. I just don't understand why she can't retire and leave the limelight. Are her hundreds of millions not enough yet?

As far as I'm concerned, Ray of Light was Madonna's last legitimate production and even then many were rolling their eyes at her return. The next two albums after that were disappointments critically and commercially. And Swept Away?!

She has two great children, a sexy husband, a sound marriage, and boatloads of cash. Why can't she just relax and enjoy it?

19-05-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by chickonspeed@May 19th, 2004 - 9:41 am
She has two great children, a sexy husband, a sound marriage, and boatloads of cash. Why can't she just relax and enjoy it?
As much as I am not a fan of hers, I think the answer to that is clear: because she's a performer. Some people just can't stop doing what they were meant to do. Not matter how old or worn out they become. And Madonna is obviously one of them.

19-05-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia+May 19th, 2004 - 9:49 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ May 19th, 2004 - 9:49 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-chickonspeed@May 19th, 2004 - 9:41 am
As much as I am not a fan of hers, I think the answer to that is clear: because she's a performer. Some people just can't stop doing what they were meant to do. Not matter how old or worn out they become. And Madonna is obviously one of them. [/b][/quote]
ditto, purple!

19-05-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by oanadobre+May 19th, 2004 - 10:30 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oanadobre @ May 19th, 2004 - 10:30 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@May 19th, 2004 - 9:49 am
<!--QuoteBegin-chickonspeed
Quote:
@May 19th, 2004 - 9:41 am

As much as I am not a fan of hers, I think the answer to that is clear: because she's a performer. Some people just can't stop doing what they were meant to do. Not matter how old or worn out they become. And Madonna is obviously one of them.
ditto, purple! [/b][/quote]
yes! why should she stop and enjoy what she has if she has the drive to do more? i admire her desire, drive, hardwork.... now if at 72 she still wants to get on stage i might think differently... but until then i say go for it. nobody tells Eric Clapton he should stop performing, recording, he has millions, a family etc.

picture yes is sorta boring but not bad either.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, april, madonna, november