How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-10-2011
tfs star

ThatGrapeJuice.net

DemBabies.com

22-10-2011
Looking Up

Cuties!!

It's very obvious, the girl looks like Mariah and the boy looks like Nick.

22-10-2011
V.I.P.

Their babies are ADORABLE!!!!!!

22-10-2011
V.I.P.

the babies r so cute

front row

Dem Babies are too cute! And Roe looks like Mariah so much - same chin even!

hors concours♛

so cute!

V.I.P.

Oh my gosh they are so cute

22-10-2011
on the come up

Dem Babies

22-10-2011
tfs star

Mariah & Nick Interview with Barbara Walters on 20/20

Looking Up

The babies in the video look absolutely and ridiculously beautiful. Soooo adorable.
And I really appreciate what Nick said about education and entertainment. Makes me like him a lot more. So happy for both of them.

23-10-2011
V.I.P.

Great interview!! I never would have guessed in a thousand years that these two would end up together.
And they make such beautiful babies. I just wanna hold them.

09-11-2011
tfs star

Mariah: I Lost 70 Pounds After Twins

Mariah Carey wasn't shy about showing off her baby bump when she was pregnant with now-6-month-old twins Moroccan and Monroe Cannon.

And now, she's positively ecstatic about unveiling her hot new post-baby body after losing, she says, a full 70 lbs.

On Tuesday's episode of The Rosie Show on OWN, Carey, 42, was lowered diva-style onto the stage riding on a crescent moon and wearing a skin-tight black mini-skirt and cleavage-baring leather jacket.

She then explained her new physique was courtesy of a strict diet and exercise – along with the loss of what she says is about 40 lbs. of water due to a difficult pregnancy.

"In the beginning, when I first had the babies, I had so much edema … water and swelling. Most pregnant woman have that just in their feet," Carey says. "One day I was doing my thank-you notes and I noticed it started rising up the leg, so I had edema. … I didn't think I would ever be the same person."

Diet Plan Spokeswoman

Once she'd shed the water weight, Carey embarked on the Jenny diet plan (formerly Jenny Craig), for which she now serves as a spokeswoman.

"The first week, I lost 40 lbs. … of just water," Carey says. "It was just water, initially. When I started with the program, I lost at least 30 lbs. of weight that needed to be lost."

And, says Carey, it wasn't all about appearance. Carrying so much extra weight made everyday tasks, including going to the bathroom, a challenge.

"I had a really tough pregnancy," she says. "I was supposed to be on bed rest, but it was so bad that even bed hurt. … I learned a lot being pregnant, watching my body change."

She adds, "The whole point of this is not just like: 'Oh, hey, look at me and my weight loss, I'm fantastic.' It's really health. Like I said, I learned it when I became helpless and felt so vulnerable like never before in my life."

How She Did It

Because she had a Cesarean section, Carey says exercise wasn't an option early on. So, she says, "The diet is 90 percent of it."

Remembering to eat was one of her biggest challenges because, she says, she believes if she goes too long without refueling, "You slow down your metabolism."

For her, it was important "being able to just grab something. I like the soups a lot. It's 50 calories. I gotta say I like the snacks too."

Carey also regained her fitness by exercising with her dogs and doing workouts in the ocean.

One thing she won't stick with once she meets her goal.

"I never weighed myself," she explains. "People will think I'm a liar but it's true. This is another cliché phrase, I'm a big boned girl … I'm tall and so I always weigh more."

Instead of weighing herself, she says, "I would tend to go, 'Does this size dress fit me that I wore three years ago? I'm good, let's go.' I would go by what it looked like, how I felt."

-------------

Mariah Teams With Jenny Craig

As announced on The Rosie Show earlier this evening, Mariah will be joining forces with Jenny Craig as a spokeswoman for the popular diet program.

Some of her future commercials for Jenny will feature fan favorite song "Make It Happen," which Mariah says is "so fitting because a lot of people give up hope when they have had their kids and can't lose that 20 pounds or 40 pounds, or they have gone through issues with weight their entire lives. It becomes so frustrating and debilitating that you give up."

Mariah will also help Jenny promote the American Heart Association's iniative "My Heart. My Life."

To learn more about Mariah's new venture, tune in to the live stream on the Jenny Craig website tomorrow at 11:30 AM EST/8:30 AM PST.

Check out Mariah's debut Jenny commercial below!

People/MariahDaily

tfs star

DemBabies.com

V.I.P.

^they're so cute!!!

tfs star

Mariah Carey: Jenny Press Conference in NYC!

Mariah Carey is red hot as she speaks at a press conference on Wednesday (November 9) at the Four Seasons Hotel in New York City.

Just Jared

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
carey, mariah