How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-02-2006
front row

The video was meh , nothing that hasn't been done or made fun of before.

But I found the purging part to be extremely offensive. She might as well make fun of other celebrities who cut themselves.

12-02-2006
backstage pass

Pink herself made a comment about the purging scene, and stated that the reason the director and herself felt decided to do that particular scene was to demonstrate how today's youth culture is obssesed with the ideal image of being thin. It's intent to be gross, is to exihibit what today's youth does, due to "Hollywoods standards" of beauty.

16-02-2006
backstage pass

I really love this MV.....
It's so funny...although the song isnt really great.....
but the MV made it sound great~

16-02-2006
front row

that's such a crap song!

windowshopping

I think the video's hilarious. The carwash scene in particular. I was like, What is she doing?!

But really, it's pop music, pop culture, what better way to get a "message" across than by "using" the pop icons? Like she said (on TRL), it's easy material.

I wouldn't make fun of anyone, and i don't condone it. But then again, I don't live in their world, so what do I know. heh

Besides, it's just about wanting a little girl to pick a football over dolls. :p

my loves a pony.

i think she just wanted an excuse to look hot in one of her videos...

And we liked to party
and we kept it live
and we had a three volume tome of contemporary slang
to keep a handle on all this jive.
20-02-2006
trendsetter

Well I'm not a fan of Pink but I her new video. I just think it's sooo funny. I don't see what's wrong with the fact that she's making fun of others here. I mean what else can you do with Lindsay or Paris? I'm sorry but I can only make fun of them myself too. And yeah the carwashing scene is just great. I always thought Jessica Simpson's video was just ridiculous, but if that's the only way she can sell CDs.. Anyways Nice to see Pink's doing her own thing here. I'm not going to buy her CD or something (that song really isn't that good sorry :p ) but the video really always makes me laugh so hard. :p

19-03-2006
front row

Haha, I love the video actually. It's a big FU to Paris, Hilary Duff and other crap celebs.

19-03-2006
scenester

the underlying message isn't look at how stupid these girls in particular are, but more like "look at the defining qualities the media places of important women, they are stupid." The idea that to be a women who gets noticed you need to be pretty, skinny, and half naked most of the time is being thrown at girls everyday and i think it was pink's (what is her real frickin name anyway) way of commenting on how ridiculous it has gotten. all of it, especially the obsession with weight which has become quite overwhelming if you ask me. Young girls are aspiring to be rich, pretty party girls who shop all day long and haven't a brain in their heads instead of head scientists, doctors and leaders of countries.

Its nice to see one person go against the grain and say something about hollywood. I don't know how i feel about her calling out individuals, especially about eating disorders. That is certainly nothing to be taken lightly. But she speaks her mind (for publicity or not). I only hope that she has more influence than the girls she makes fun of because i'm not finding any decent roll models in her parody cast.

19-03-2006
scenester

ps. i hate the song. every time i hear it, it gets stuck in my head, and it is terrible. hahaha.

23-03-2006
V.I.P.

Pink @ Secret Album Launch Party in London
hollywoodsbest.net

backstage pass

I actually loved the video (not the song) and thought finally someone made a video without just wanting to look hot in it
i really like this girl's attitude, a bit guy-ish(if this even a word:p ) but the at least she's real.

23-03-2006
Obsessed

i love this video.

26-03-2006
backstage pass

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mj3QzQ_B_...stupid%20girls another link to the video.

I personally dont like Pink, I dont like her music or the way she looks but I do agree, the video is funny

26-03-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolie coco
Paris Hilton never makes fun of anyone and I respect her more than Pink for it.
I agree.

When I first saw that video I was so genuinely confused because in my mind Pink is 'trashier' and 'cheaper' than Lindsay, Paris, or Jessica Simpson.

And what on earth did Mary Kate do? Dress different and have an eating disorder?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
pink