How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-03-2006
backstage pass

Hahaha. God the song is terrible, I had to put it on mute but it was quite amusing.

My fave models: Gemma, Sasha, Stammy, Trentini, Vlada <3

26-03-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolie coco
Like when Billy Corgan made fun of Britney Spears it just made him look so sad and no one cared about him after that.
Come on now, there are about a million different reasons why people wouldn't care about Billy Corgan now and that is not one of them He's still 100 times more talented than Britney so he gets away with it. I do find him utterly idiotic though.

I think this video is hiliarious. Someone has to make fun of these people in public. I don't think she's making fun of eating disorders or whatever 'problems' these poor little rich girls have, she's just making fun of the way they do absolutely naff all with their lives other than get photographed in expensive clothes and the latest handbags. As for Jessica Simpson, anyone who can take seriously a girl with a perma tan, tonged bleached hair and 0% talent...well..

29-03-2006
backstage pass

ahahahaahha crap song, but that was HILARIOUS. god someone needed to do that.

30-03-2006
V.I.P.

LOL.....I find it hilarious!! It makes a change from the usual Hollywood tryhard BS we see all the time. I don't condone making fun of people, especially so publicly but I still found it funny.

30-03-2006
backstage pass

i love this video, but still i find it hard to love her

30-03-2006
windowshopping

Gosh!

I saw her on TRL on Asia Mtv when i was travelling thru Vietnam!

Carson (If that is his name?) asked her what she thought of the Paris Hilton and what was her opinion of the x-rated video.

Her response?

It's umm... ahh... consumerism?

What an idiot! She obviously needs to be more media savvy. Failing that, she probably really needs to just grow a brain.

08-04-2006
backstage pass

I think the video is a riot. The likes of paris, Jessica and Lindsay could use a little mocking and they get off way too easy with the rest of the media. The reason these girls (because I am loathe to call them women) are as well known as they are is because the likes of US Weekly puts them up on a pedestal.

BTW do people think Pink is making fun of MK Olsen in the video? I think the boho chick who walks into the store looks exactly like Hillary Duff. The ginormous frightening chicklet like teeth are what make me think that. I read an interview where Pink said she admired the Olsen's because they are savvy businesswomen and MK owned up to having an ED so I have a hard time thinking Pink would go after her.

08-04-2006
V.I.P.

Cant believe I forgot to say this. She's desperately clawing at her career, Im sure she realizes this song is crap. Her logic is that this video should move soem CDs...

Her CD is called...Im Not Dead, you could have fooled me!

09-04-2006
Zen
V.I.P.

It's sad how there are little girls and boys out there who look up to those kinds of so called "celebrities".....it's a shame! But the video was helerious!!!

13-04-2006
V.I.P.

hate the song, and she's trying "wayyyyyyyy" too hard in the video...

13-04-2006
Day
fashion elite

I really can't stand Pink and the statement that she is trying to make with this video. She must realize that she is acting just like the ones she is making fun of in her video.

Trying way too hard to prove herself, I think.

13-04-2006
backstage pass

This video rocks in my books. The messages in this video are loooong overdue.

13-04-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day
She must realize that she is acting just like the ones she is making fun of in her video.
There is a huge difference. She may be going through some of the motions, but it's in parody of the others. If you don't realize this, the entire point has gone over your head.

My basic opinion...it's a catchy song and the video is clever and funny. She's gotten her message out there one way or another (except to the people who don't get it). The fact that there's a four-page thread here discussing it means that it's a success for her.

Last edited by AlexN; 13-04-2006 at 10:13 AM.
13-04-2006
V.I.P.

I have to say that I enjoyed this video. Finally there's people doing fun of the Paris/Nicole/Ashlee/Jessica/Hilary/MKA/Kimberly scene and Hollywood trash lifestyle...And the new ideals.

I'm still surprised it's Pink doing this---I always thought her as part of the same scene.Great video, but I'm not believing Pink is anything else than part of the stupid girls.

13-04-2006
Day
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN
There is a huge difference. She may be going through some of the motions, but it's in parody of the others. If you don't realize this, the entire point has gone over your head.
I understand what she is trying to do, what she is trying to prove, but I really don't think she is going about it the right way. Right now, she seems just like them; trying to get attention and to be "different".

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
pink