How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-11-2012
V.I.P.

I love the classic Calvin Klein slip dress, but the tattoos and accessories just ruin it all. And the Carmela Soprano nails? Oy vey.

16-11-2012
V.I.P.

Arriving at Berns in Stockholm

aftonbladet.se

16-11-2012
fashion icon

Hehehe she looks like a bag lady!

17-11-2012
backstage pass

What do you guys think of "Unapologetic" so far ? When I listened to the snippets I thought it would be awful but it's better than I thought it would be actually !

There's more cohesion than in "Talk That Talk", and imo not as many strong singles as in "Loud".

So far I've skipped her slow-paced songs because I usually never like them (except for Russian Roulette). I love Right Now, it's my favourite in the album, this needs to be the 2nd single !

I'm twerking to Pour it Up . I kind of like No Love Allowed,Fresh Out the Runway, Lost in Paradise, Jump, and I'm warming up to Diamonds.

The song with Eminem (Numb) is so so disappointing. The one with Chris Brown (Nobody's Business) is...meh it's like 90s cheesy pop, not that I dislike it but it sounds particularly dated.

Last edited by CielDeLit; 17-11-2012 at 04:02 PM.

17-11-2012
V.I.P.

^No doubt Right Now will be the second single. It screams "play me on the radio!". It's the new We Found Love/Where Have You Been, a hit, for sure. So commercial. David Guetta knows how to throw a hit! I usually dislike this kind of songs but I'm trying to be as objective as possible
I can already hear this song blasting on the radio.

My favorites : Nobody's Business. ^Surprised you don't like it. One of the highlights of the album to me. I think it is a really good song. And indeed, I'm especially loving that 90s old-school groovy vibe in it, very attractive and catchy song. It reminds me a lot of Love Sex & Magic by JT & Ciara, the beat is almost the same. Chris Brown singing like Michael Jackson -> , then I loooove Loveeeee Song feat Future what a song. It simply takes me in another world. I am disappointed by Love Without Tragedy-Mother Mary, the beginning looks great but then the song becomes boring with the too long part from 2:00 on Mother Mary, no. Numb is cool but I don't think Eminem was essential, even though I like him a lot. Love the reggae vibe in No Love Allowed.
Not feeling : Get It Over With, What Now (blah blah blah boring) and same with Stay.

Good album overall. She has got so many albums that I can't remember the last one I actually liked but there's a bunch of good songs on Unapologetic, not like on the previous ones on which I liked 2-3 songs out of them. Various and very effective, as usual.

Last edited by Valentine27; 17-11-2012 at 04:22 PM.

17-11-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentine27 View Post
Chris Brown singing like Michael Jackson -> .
Yeah precisely !

I didn't say I disliked the song actually but it does sound dated, and I've heard it a million times before, so mixed feelings. It's OK but I won't be listening to it over and over.

Yes "Right Now" is commercial but that's the case for all of Rihanna's singles I'm surprised you don't like this kind of songs becuse I remember you from the Britney thread and you loved Femme Fatale didn't you ? It's a good album but it's also very commercial and full of Guetta-esque dancefloor fillers.

I don't expect more from Rihanna at the moment , just uptempo songs that will make me dance (and keep me going when I work out)

I'll always prefer the Rated R/Loud era but the album is quite good !

Last edited by CielDeLit; 17-11-2012 at 05:35 PM.

18-11-2012
V.I.P.

Rihanna hangs out backstage during the fourth stop on her 777 Tour on Saturday (November 17) at Le Trianon in Paris, France.

justjared.com

18-11-2012
V.I.P.

(November 17) in Paris, France.

justjared.com

18-11-2012
V.I.P.

justjared.com

18-11-2012
V.I.P.

justjared.com

18-11-2012
V.I.P.

(November 16) at Berns in Stockholm, Sweden.

justjared.com

18-11-2012
V.I.P.

(November 15) in Toronto, Canada

justjared.com

18-11-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

Just listenned to Unapologetic , and frankly I didn't like it. There's some good songs like : Stay, What Now, No love Allowed or Nobodys Business (even though Chris Brown's Michael Jackson impersonation couldn't be more cringe worthy). I'm pretty impressed by her vocals and wish there were more simple songs ( you know.. less is more ) because the second half is quiet enjoyable. Yet as a whole I think the album is useless. The first song are quite bad and forgetable tbh. The main problem is the beats (don't the exact word in english) which are way too violent and irrelevant. Likle Jump for example, which could've been genius with that old tune sample but there's the disgustingly violent Dubstep bridges that assault your ears and ruin everythin. Or the song with David Guetta which is all over the place with a terribly tacky beat IMO.

I still like her but I wish she'd take a break and come back with something fresh and new instead of releasing a new record every year. It did work out extremely well for Loud, Talk that Talk was good but not very impressive and Unapologetic just sounds like a bunch of songs which had been refused for her previous albums IMO. And yet that's all we gonna hear in the radio 'till a new one comes out next November.

As or her style, the cameo obsession is starting to make me hate cameo. It's way too much at this point. However.. her legs look damn amazing in those jeans shorts !!

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 18-11-2012 at 06:16 PM.

19-11-2012
V.I.P.

Live from London
http://www.youtube.com/user/LoveLiveTV

Live on live - perfect.

20-11-2012
V.I.P.

justjared.com

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2014, march, november, rihanna