How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Caf / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-11-2012
V.I.P.

She's one hot mami

27-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ana* View Post
Definitely one of her best live performances, in my opinion. She not only sang every phrase, every word, but did it beautifully and without looking like she's out of breath. I also really liked the production, the lights, the lace dress. The rain is a bit silly, but I can't say I mind these effects when it comes to pop singers...
I was looking for that performance so thanks for the video.
And for the rain, i don't know if it's the main reason but she's a bit sick and had to push back her appearance/performance at the french show Le Grand Journal today.

28-11-2012
V.I.P.

^She was already sick before the performance, wasn't she? I think I saw that on Twitter.
I hope her performance on Le Grand Journal will be postponed, I heard maybe sunday but there's no confirmation yet I guess.

28-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentine27 View Post
^She was already sick before the performance, wasn't she? I think I saw that on Twitter.
I hope her performance on Le Grand Journal will be postponed, I heard maybe sunday but there's no confirmation yet I guess.
Yeah. I read on Twitter that she might perform on Le Grand Journal the 11rd december but i'm not sure.

29-11-2012
V.I.P.

Have had her album on repeat while doing mundane stuff over the last few days. Only fully dived into Diamonds (of course ), Paradise and Nobody's Business. The latter is just wow.. funny feeling listening to that song, it's so awkward, so lighthearted you can wake up to that, take a shower, walk several blocks dancing in your head, all while pondering about existential stuff like 'what makes women attached her abuser' 'is it because everyone praises her but he doesn't' 'does she remember' 'can the mind erase that?'.

Overall, nice album to have fun to. I only dislike the David Guetta song, that's a little too much for me.

29-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Have had her album on repeat while doing mundane stuff over the last few days. Only fully dived into Diamonds (of course ), Paradise and Nobody's Business. The latter is just wow.. funny feeling listening to that song, it's so awkward, so lighthearted you can wake up to that, take a shower, walk several blocks dancing in your head, all while pondering about existential stuff like 'what makes women attached her abuser' 'is it because everyone praises him but he doesn't' 'does she remember' 'can the mind erase that?'.

Overall, nice album to have fun to. I only dislike the David Guetta song, that's a little too much for me.
That song really creates some cognitive dissonance. On an album full of reflective songs (aside from like, Fresh Off the Runway -- which is brash and challenging and not really happy), Nobody's Business marks the only time she sounds kind of glad. It's a celebration of her relationship and the mood is infectious, but the cause is so unsettling. I was so baffled by the questions you brought up that I had to rewatch this interview, where she discusses the reasons she went back to him soon after the incident... I would venture to guess that she seeks validation from a misogynist, but I hate that clinical tone. The whole debacle is outlined better in her own words

29-11-2012
V.I.P.

^ thanks for that, just watched the whole thing!, she definitely sees two different people, and has big psychological issues to work through, it's sad it's so out there.. the influence she has is definitely a burden in that state but the empowerment, which is supported right down to her label (approving what the song campaigns for), is just.. I don't know, it sells anyway, and it's got some of us dancing!, which is what matters to them. They can always capitalise some more if she's beaten to death.. a myth is born and all that.

29-11-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post

He made two songs actually.

"it ain't nobody's business"...

ayeyoitsannamary tumblr

30-11-2012
V.I.P.

love that pic of them together ^

30-11-2012
V.I.P.

What is she doing back with him? He's obviously nuts hope nothing bad happens again :/

02-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Rihanna looks gorgeous as she debuts her new fragrance Nude by Rihanna on Saturday (December 1) in Century City, Calif.

justjared.com

02-12-2012
V.I.P.

(November 28) in London, England.

justjared.com

02-12-2012
V.I.P.

Rihanna's Best Summer 2012 Vacation Photos

fabfashionfix.com

02-12-2012
V.I.P.

more..