How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-01-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60swildchild
This is funny!

The long ride from Santa Barbara was one of those dream experiences that leave you glowing in the dark. From the moment Jimmy slid his small velvet-clad *** across teh seat of the limo, right next to mine, until the door was thrown open in front of THree Experience, we cooed and giggled like doves in heat. It was a hundred-mile drive, which gave him plenty of time to come out with "all of the lines." He told me he had gotten my number the last time he was in town but was too nervous to use it until the last day, and he called and called but the line was constantly busy. Mmm-hmm. He said he wantted to spend time with m e MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD. Tell me more. I kissed and slobbered all over teh inside crease of his slim white arm until he rolled his head back against the plush seat, gasping, "Oh, Pamela, yes, yes, yes." Yeah yeah yeah. He warned me that his previous L.A. girlfriend would probably be in the club and that I would have to give him the chance to "explain" to her about me. Uh-oh.

I climbed out of the warm, dark backseat womb, full of wet kisses and flaming glazed eyes, and found myself in the precarious position of sharing the splendid diinity with Catherine James, the most gorgeous rock courtesan alive. She and I hissed at each other from a dark distance, and beat the old hasty retreat back to my cozy pad, where I tossed around in the sheet with the vision of Jimmy's backyard peacocks strutting across my latticed brain. I was turned inside out, pulsating with creamy pink desire for the most coveted hunk of drool material, but I was too thin-skinned to take the chance of being scorned this soon.

Pamela
Grotesque (but interesting thankyou for posting ). I think it is incredibly vulgar to kiss and tell with a celebrity. And courtesan? Give me a break. Shame. I thought I liked Pamela.

12-01-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
Grotesque (but interesting thankyou for posting ). I think it is incredibly vulgar to kiss and tell with a celebrity. And courtesan? Give me a break. Shame. I thought I liked Pamela.
I'll scan a bit more later. I LOVED the book and Miss Pamela. It was one of those few books I didn't want to end. I just ordered A Groupie Grows Up, not for the kiss and tell but for her excellent writing. I plan on getting Let's Spend the Night Together too. I don't think it's really fair to judge her from reading a few paragraphs.

12-01-2007
backstage pass

some more of Uschi:

dw-world.de

dw-world.de

projects.brg-schoren.ac.at

12-01-2007
backstage pass

buzznet.com

buzznet.com

cdn-99.cdn.buzznet.com

buzznet-17.vo.llnwd.net

cdn-66.cdn.buzznet.com

12-01-2007
backstage pass

buzznet-55.vo-llnwd.net

muenchenblogger.de

12-01-2007
backstage pass

wikipedia says:
Uschi Obermaier (September 24, 1946 in Munich, a.k.a. Chrissi Malberg) was a fashion model and groupie and one of the protagonists of the 1968 left-wing movement in Germany. She was regarded by many to be the sex symbol of the 1968 generation in Europe.

Obermaier and the Kommune 1

Uschi Obermaier was discovered by the magazine twen. Thin and petite much like Twiggy, she represented a new type of model.
Obermaier moved from Munich to the Berlin-based Kommune 1 after she had become Rainer Langhans' girlfriend. Langhans and Obermaier freely talked to the media about their relationship, becoming symbols of the sexual revolution. Some people claim that John Lennon and Yoko Ono, among others, followed their example.
It is important to note, however, that Obermaier was not viewed by most in the Ausserparlamentarische Opposition as one of their activists. She did not take part in radical feminist actions like the other female members and friends of the Kommune 1. She was best known for appearances in major German magazines, such as Stern, in which she appeared openly nude and using marijuana.
Obermaier probably was the best known German groupie of the 1960s. She was briefly a member of the Krautrock-band Amon Düül, and is said to have had affairs with Mick Jagger and Jimi Hendrix.

Films

Obermaier had featured roles in several films. In "Detektive" (1968, directed by Rudolf Thome) she played alongside Iris Berben. She was the main protagonist of the movie Rote Sonne (1969). Together with Rainer Langhans, she had a small role in the movie Haytabo.

Life after the Kommune 1

In 1973, Uschi Obermaier fell in love with Dieter Bockhorn, the rich owner of a club in Hamburg's red-light district, the Reeperbahn. Together, they traveled the world in a customized bus, first spending three years in Asia, then going to Mexico and the USA for another three years. In every country they traveled in, they had a wedding in the traditions of that country. In 1984, Dieter Bockhorn died in a motorcycle accident in Mexico.
By then, Uschi Obermaier had been granted American citizenship. Today, she lives in Topanga Canyon near Los Angeles, working as a jewellery designer. She is said to be a very skillful flute player.
Her life has been depicted in a biopic called Eight Miles High! directed by Achim Bornhak, which is presently in post-production. Natalie Avelon will play the lead role.

I have seen the trailer already and I am definitely looking forward to the movie...

Last edited by monkey siesta; 12-01-2007 at 03:34 PM.

12-01-2007
V.I.P.

I like the sound of her ^ especially the 'skillful flute player' and 'protagonists of the 1968 left-wing movement in Germany' parts. She sound more cultured than say Bebe Buell

13-01-2007
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiennaInLondon
I like the sound of her ^ especially the 'skillful flute player'
common trait for the ladies of this thread, one would think? Anyway, she is so beyond any superlative.

13-01-2007
V.I.P.

^ Ahhhhhhhhhhh unnecessary

I don't know. Groupies have become a certain type now but I suspect back then there were, at least come of them, just girls who happened to go for boys in bands. And I suppose once you are on the scene, you meet more of those.

13-01-2007
V.I.P.

Ah I love this thread for 70s nostalgia. Who said it was a good idea to leave the 70s? Huh huh?

13-01-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey siesta
She was briefly a member of the Krautrock-band Amon Düül, and is said to have had affairs with Mick Jagger and Jimi Hendrix.
I thought the affair was with Keith Richards?

13-01-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePrincess
I thought the affair was with Keith Richards?
I think she had an affair with both but Keith was the real thing.
Uschi: "I was in Paris on a photo job and some time in the middle of the night the phone rang. At the time I didn't speak that well English and I thought it was Mick, but then it was Keith and he wanted to meet me, he said. The real reason, I found out later, is that he and Mick have a little rivalry thing, especially about women. He only wantd to give Mick a little stab. We settled that we would meet in Munich, where I lived. Actually, they both called me and said they were coming to Munich that night in the car, so they both wanted to see me at the same time. It was really like a teenage dream come true, because for me the Rolling Stone were the group. They were wild and they exactly expressed what you were feeling. They were just the greatest."

"Both Mick and Keith came up to my place and I couldn't decide, really, who I wanted, and they said to me. 'Hey, you make up your mind.' I said, 'I can't, because I like both of you guys.' They played music and smoked and nobody would leave. Keith said, 'Jagger, you ****, leave!' Finally Keith left because Mick really insisted on it. Bianca was coming the next day and he really wanted to see me before. The next day I saw Keith. It was really kind of strange because I liked how sick he looked because he took all the drugs and I really was fascinated by his aura, but he was such a sweet person."

"He could have been such a prick and he wasn't. He had a very good sense of humor. And he was such a chameleon." Even better than this for her was his absolute loyalty to whichever woman he was with. "And he really stood by me. I mean, I knew he was with Anita, but when I was with Keith there couldn't be another girl. He made me feel really good. The fans would tear their clothes off right in front of him, but he just wouldn't even look, he just took me by the arm going from the hotel to the concert with our ghetto blaster playing Jimmy Cliff's 'The Harder They Come' as loud as he could all the time. That was our theme song."

"We really loved each other more than we intended. We really fell in love. But I myself never knew how much he really loved me because I took it more as a kind of game. I had too much respect fo Anita that I wasn't really even thinking that I could take her place. And I never really thought it could have been anything serious because he never really said too much and he actually never showed too much. Also, then, for me, it was difficult, because with them music is the first love, second place comes music and also third place, and then in fourth place you come."

13-01-2007
rising star

this is really interesting, i haven't even heard of any of these people except for penny lane and gwyneth's mum. I think cory kennedy would be a modern day groupie don't you think (she doesn't just leech on to musos tho, she hangs out with anyone famous)? i was also thinking kate moss but she was already famous before hanging out with musos... Did the guys actually like/love the groupies or did they just use them for sex?

13-01-2007
front row

Thanks 60sWildChild! That was intresting

13-01-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by julz_nz
this is really interesting, i haven't even heard of any of these people except for penny lane and gwyneth's mum. I think cory kennedy would be a modern day groupie don't you think (she doesn't just leech on to musos tho, she hangs out with anyone famous)? i was also thinking kate moss but she was already famous before hanging out with musos... Did the guys actually like/love the groupies or did they just use them for sex?
I'm sure they like/love some of them and could care less about the others.

60sWildChild don't you recall Micki talking about how bad The New York Dolls were to some of their groupies? She had some interesting stories.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2010, groupies, november, october, rock