How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-04-2007
Amour Comme Hiver

Might I ask if anyone knows the ethnicity of Lori Maddox? She looks very exotic.

06-04-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Nice photos everyone! I also feel sorry for Lori: She was so impossibly in love with Jimmy Page during the time he was heavily into black magic & Aleister Crowley. It must have been a bit creepy... I don't think he ever treated her badly but again who knows? I don't think Lori has wrote her mémoirs, did she?
I dont think he treated her badly at all, I've read that they used to have water fights, egg fights, wrestles, & he even sings to her on the telephone and nearly brought her over to England. Richard Cole suggested it when Jimmy said he missed her like crazy. But Jimmy declined because thats where his semi-wife and daughter are at the time.

Lori said she was at her happiest times with him, and that he was a really sweet guy.

Quote:
Might I ask if anyone knows the ethnicity of Lori Maddox? She looks very exotic.
I dunno for sure but it looks like she has some middle eastern origins.

06-04-2007
trendsetter

You can also see Lori and Sable in the New York Dolls DVD "all dolled up"

06-04-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicovelvet
I know,... I told you Jimmy Page liked his women to be very young!... I am re-reading this book that I bought in the early 90s written by Richard Cole (tour manager of Led Zeppelin) named "Stairway to Heaven". I just started it but I remember that he wrotes at lenght about the groupie scene in L.A. from 1968 to the late 70s. I remember that he talks/wrote about Lori Maddox and other famous groupie like Miss Pamela and probably Sable Starr. When I will reach those passages from the book - and if I find interesting thing, - I will re-copy some of it in this thread.
Yay! Thank you!

06-04-2007
Brooklyn, baby!

Quote:
Whatever happenned to her? I would like to know.
She is still living in Los Angeles apparently, and supposedly works in retail (I think she owns her own store). Here's a photo of her from a Zeppelin documentary (from myspace):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 975492060_l.jpg (22.0 KB, 8 views)

06-04-2007
Brooklyn, baby!

Here's some more old Lori photos, hope none of these were posted!

planet-zeppelin

I think she looked so sweet!

06-04-2007
Brooklyn, baby!

Some more, same source.

06-04-2007
Brooklyn, baby!

A few more recent photos of Lori, same source as above.

She's still beautiful!

06-04-2007
trendsetter

Thanks! Lori is so lovely! I love the one w/ Jimmy, they look so perfect together! They're a great match!

Quote:
She is still living in Los Angeles apparently, and supposedly works in retail (I think she owns her own store).
I hope she's doing fine these days. I wish her luck! And all the other groupies.

07-04-2007
backstage pass

Wow! Thank you for all these infos about Lori Maddox. More photos too!
Dinah, thank you for the details about Jimmy Page & Lori. I might have read something similar in "Hammer of the Gods" (or elsewhere) but I lost this book whis is one of the best ever written about Led Zeppelin. Anyway, I cannot remember much as I read all these books in the 80s, early 90s. With all the drama happenning to the band and the myth about a Led Zeppelin curse (because of Page dabbling in black magic), I though I remember something bad happenning to Lori... Very happy that I was wrong.

07-04-2007
backstage pass

TheKiwi, thank you for these recent photos of Lori. You seem to know a lot about her... Great!

07-04-2007
Brooklyn, baby!

Quote:
TheKiwi, thank you for these recent photos of Lori. You seem to know a lot about her... Great!
Not really - just did a bit of research. There's not too much information out there about her, and what there is, it's hard to know if it was true or fabricated unfortunately.

12-04-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Wow! Thank you for all these infos about Lori Maddox. More photos too!
Dinah, thank you for the details about Jimmy Page & Lori. I might have read something similar in "Hammer of the Gods" (or elsewhere) but I lost this book whis is one of the best ever written about Led Zeppelin. Anyway, I cannot remember much as I read all these books in the 80s, early 90s. With all the drama happenning to the band and the myth about a Led Zeppelin curse (because of Page dabbling in black magic), I though I remember something bad happenning to Lori... Very happy that I was wrong.
Welcome! I wanna get that book! I've heard there's a lot more infos in "Hammer of the Gods" about the bands groupies. Lori and Jimmy were very much in love, but whats bad is that when they broke up, she couldn't get over it, her friends say she didn't really recover. I've also heard she had a son, but not Jimmy's.

Rock 'n' Roll love stories are so interesting! I'm actually quite jealous of Lori.

12-04-2007
trendsetter

Here's an interview with Pamela;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDZoyfMPndA

14-04-2007
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahgrace
OmyGod, I just realized, all this time I thought her name was Stable, how stupid of me, I've been adding a "t" on her name, so I thought, "who would name their daughter Stabe?
In some ways it would seem a lot more appropriate Uhm, that pic with Jimmy Page and the other guy is soo creepy. The "other guy" looks just like Jeffrey Dahmer...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2010, groupies, november, october, rock