How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-04-2007
clever ain't wise

Interview with a sleepy couple...this should be used as sobriety propaganda. If they didn't both die within one year of this interview it would have been funny, especially with Nancy going on about how John didn't "look good" as if a drooling narcoleptic with a swastika on his chest would be any better...

[youtube]raEXGXw5VJM[/youtube]

Another one form 1978, Nancy deffffinitely wore the pants here.
[youtube]RHlT-6DSB1A[/youtube]

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 14-04-2007 at 07:34 PM.

14-04-2007
backstage pass

I lost the "Hammer of the Gods" book.... Arrggg.... The one I am reading now, Richard Cole's "Stairway to Heaven", has nothing very interesting to report here so far. I am midway to the book and so far he only mentionned how he and the Zeppelin could not stand the Plaster Caster groupies. Of course, he talks plenty about lurid details like the infamous "red snapper" incident which is quite disgusting if you ask me! Reading this book, I've got the impression that Cole was (and probably still is) a real moron.
I do think the interesting stuff about the groupies involved with Zeppelin like Lori Maddox, Miss Pamela and other groupies are definitly in "Hammer of the Gods". Too bad... I probably lend the book to someone who forgot to bring it back. I hate it when that happen...

14-04-2007
backstage pass

I have seen this interview with Sid & Nancy a few time before. This is very pathetic... Sid is so smacked out that he is nodding out in front of the camera. Not very glamorous. Thank you though for posting it here for those who have not seen it...

14-04-2007
clever ain't wise

^I just discovered it myself a few days ago, and thought it would be an interesting if obvious addition to the thread I hadn't really seen many clips of Nancy before - she's very expressive, smart and funny, wonder if much in that book her mom wrote is true.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 14-04-2007 at 10:19 PM.

14-04-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicovelvet
I lost the "Hammer of the Gods" book.... Arrggg.... The one I am reading now, Richard Cole's "Stairway to Heaven", has nothing very interesting to report here so far. I am midway to the book and so far he only mentionned how he and the Zeppelin could not stand the Plaster Caster groupies. Of course, he talks plenty about lurid details like the infamous "red snapper" incident which is quite disgusting if you ask me! Reading this book, I've got the impression that Cole was (and probably still is) a real moron.
Richard Cole is also a maniac!!! I've heard about the "red snapper" incident too, and yes it was disgusting.

Quote:
In some ways it would seem a lot more appropriate Uhm, that pic with Jimmy Page and the other guy is soo creepy. The "other guy" looks just like Jeffrey Dahmer...
You mean the guy with the "Elvis" shirt? OMG he does!

Thanks for posting that video, I think Sid Vicious is hot.

14-04-2007
clever ain't wise

Yep, the one in the Elvis shirt. Who is that? I'm sure it's someone I should know about :p

Quote:
Thanks for posting that video, I think Sid Vicious is hot.
Hot A little bit endearing maybe

14-04-2007
earthbound

Can anyone tell me what the "red snapper" incident is about? I don't like Nancy Spungen's attitude. She just keeps whining all the time. No wonder why John Lydon couldn't stand her. iluvjeisa, the first time I watched the interview you posted was when I watched "The Filth & Fury" documentary. I can't believe the couple even accepted to do an interview in that state...

14-04-2007
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by La bordélique
Can anyone tell me what the "red snapper" incident is about? I don't like Nancy Spungen's attitude. She just keeps whining all the time. No wonder why John Lydon couldn't stand her. iluvjeisa, the first time I watched the interview you posted was when I watched "The Filth & Fury" documentary. I can't believe the couple even accepted to do an interview in that state...
Well, I wouldn't like to meet her, but she's really entertaining.

He had clearly lost his ability to think. She doesn't seem as out of it, so that's harder to explain. But of course, the whole thing of Sex Pistols was that they did things that other people thought was disgusting, and not in moderation. So it's in line with their philosophy. She probably thought she could deal with it.

Red snapper - well knowing Page's facination for pagan rituals, and remembering some proud viking customs, I'm thinking something I'd rather not talk about, lol.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 14-04-2007 at 11:11 PM.

14-04-2007
trendsetter

Ok, so here's what happened, the "red snapper" incident;

The most famous allegation of Led Zeppelin excess involves some type of sexual act with a fish, said to have occurred at Seattle, WA's Edgewater Inn, which, being located directly on Puget Sound, allowed guests to fish directly from their room windows.[3] Though there are many variations on the story, involving all or some of the band members, as well as variations on the type of fish (often claimed to be a shark) and the nature of the acts performed; Led Zeppelin's road manager Richard Cole, provided the following account of the event in his book, Stairway to Heaven: Led Zeppelin Uncensored:

"It wasn't Bonzo, it was me. It wasn't shark parts anyway: It was the nose that got put in. We caught a lot of big sharks, at least two dozen, stuck coat hangers through the gills and left 'em in the closet . . . But the true shark story was that it wasn't even a shark. It was a red snapper and the chick happened to be a f***** redheaded broad with a ginger *****. And that is the truth. Bonzo was in the room, but I did it. Mark Stein [of Vanilla Fudge] filmed the whole thing. And she loved it. It was like, "You'd like a bit of f*****, eh? Let's see how your red snapper likes this red snapper!" That was it. It was the nose of the fish, and that girl must have **** 20 times. But it was nothing malicious or harmful, no way! No one was ever hurt."

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 16-04-2007 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Profanities.

14-04-2007
earthbound

Oh ok . Thanks for all the information!
dinahgrace or iluvjeisa, get ready to edit the explicit words!

14-04-2007
trendsetter

Oh gosh I forgot to edit, I'm so sorry.

15-04-2007
backstage pass

KIWI, your Lori pics are wonderful! I remember a few years ago, it was difficult to find any more than two or three pics of Lori on the internet.

dinahgrace, thanks for those Sid and Nancy pics. She actually looks sweet in some of those shots.

Here are a couple Nancy shots:

Nancy and Debbie Harry in 1977

Sid and Nancy in 1977
Not much information with this photo, but I've never seen Nancy look so "demure" for her. My guess is that she is either going to or leaving court.

Nancy, 1977

Sid and Nancy, 1978

Glen Matlock, Nancy and Sid - 1978

Source: http://sid-and-nancy.tripod.com

16-04-2007
trendsetter

^thanks EvaLaDiva!!

I love the second pic! She look so funny there! Is Sid wearing a tie there?

Chloe Webb did a great job in the movie, its really hard to play Nancy. I wouldn't want to meet her too, well, I never will. Very entertaining indeed, a very outspoken person.

Quote:
Hot A little bit endearing maybe
Thats how I feel for him.

16-04-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahgrace
^thanks EvaLaDiva!!

I love the second pic! She look so funny there! Is Sid wearing a tie there?

Chloe Webb did a great job in the movie, its really hard to play Nancy. I wouldn't want to meet her too, well, I never will. Very entertaining indeed, a very outspoken person.

Thats how I feel for him.
You're welcome, dinahgrace! I couldn't believe that pic was Nancy at first.

I agree with you somewhat on Sid...I've always had a thing for long, lanky guys. But without the acne and the drug habit...and perhaps a bit more talented musically.

16-04-2007
backstage pass

The not-so-attractive guy on the Maddox/Page photos with the Elvis t-shirt is none other than Rodney Bingerheimer who was an L.A. disc-jockey and owner of the L.A. club bearing his name. He was very famous back them with musicians, groupies in the L.A. scene. I remember reading about his meeting with the group Blondie. The whole group were all excited to meet him. In the 80s, he had become a sort of rock legend.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2010, groupies, november, october, rock