Rock Groupies (October 2006 - November 2010) - Page 51 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
16-01-2009
front row

americanlegends.com/
i118.piczo.com

Patricia Kennealy - dated (?) Jim Morrison.

Last edited by Lux.; 16-01-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: source

16-01-2009
V.I.P.

she was his lover, right?
i've never saw her before, but i never thought she was like that.

16-01-2009
V.I.P.

she reminds me janis joplin in the first one.

17-01-2009
backstage pass

Atoomic, thank you for the photos of Cyrinda.

18-01-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicovelvet View Post
Atoomic, thank you for the photos of Cyrinda.
I love Cyrinda. It is so sad that she passed away.
I can pretty much say with certainty that she and Bebe Buell did not have a love affair, lolololol.
I also like the style of that time. The way these girls dressed.
Much more classy and stylish than the rock type girls today.
That is all...

18-01-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaLaDiva View Post
Even though Bebe Buell claims the movie is about her, Cameron Crowe has said many times that it's based on all of the groupies, and even more about Pamela than Bebe.

Another delusion of Bebe's
That is not true. I've read the interview that Bebe and Cameron Crowe did with each other for that Oscar Magazine the year Almost Famous was nominated. I think it is up on her fansite somewhere.
Anyway, Bebe says AND Cameron says that the character is only partially based on her- some of Bebe' words and stuff. He says that it is also based on a real groupie from back then named Pennie Trumble.

It goes on about Cameron touring with Todd Rundgren in 1973 when he was 16 or 17 and hanging with Bebe.
It is a really cute interview.

Also if you get the extended DVD Cameron even SAYS on there that he based some of Penny Lane on Bebe.

Those groupies from the Pacific North West were another "pack" sort of like the GTO's. That is the pack Cameron is talking about. Pennie Trumble's gang.

This came after the fame of the GTO's so the Penny Lane character is not Pamela Des Barres either.
I always keep in mind too that the movie is non-fiction- only BASED on truth so my guess is Penny Lane is a combination of girls. Just like Mr. Crowe says. I've seen some mighty nice things he has said about Bebe Buell in print. Back in 2001 in Newsweek for one.

18-01-2009
backstage pass

^^Yes, exactly. My very same thoughs too.

18-01-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerNYC Man View Post
I can pretty much say with certainty that she and Bebe Buell did not have a love affair, lolololol.
That is all...
Yeah, me too. I was totally shocked when I read about Cyrinda's passing. She was way too young and as beautiful as she ever was.
And yes, the alleged affair between Bebe & Cyrinda is utter b.s.

18-01-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
That is not true. I've read the interview that Bebe and Cameron Crowe did with each other for that Oscar Magazine the year Almost Famous was nominated. I think it is up on her fansite somewhere.
Anyway, Bebe says AND Cameron says that the character is only partially based on her- some of Bebe' words and stuff. He says that it is also based on a real groupie from back then named Pennie Trumble.

It goes on about Cameron touring with Todd Rundgren in 1973 when he was 16 or 17 and hanging with Bebe.
It is a really cute interview.

Also if you get the extended DVD Cameron even SAYS on there that he based some of Penny Lane on Bebe.

Those groupies from the Pacific North West were another "pack" sort of like the GTO's. That is the pack Cameron is talking about. Pennie Trumble's gang.

This came after the fame of the GTO's so the Penny Lane character is not Pamela Des Barres either.
I always keep in mind too that the movie is non-fiction- only BASED on truth so my guess is Penny Lane is a combination of girls. Just like Mr. Crowe says. I've seen some mighty nice things he has said about Bebe Buell in print. Back in 2001 in Newsweek for one.

Thanks for the info! That's interesting. I had no idea about the Buell/Crowe interview. I've read so much about the role, and all these different women claiming it's based on them, so it's kind of hard to know which one to believe.

18-01-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by atooomic View Post
she reminds me janis joplin in the first one.
Janis was cuter b/c of her style and attitude, but I agree they look similar. I've never thought Patricia was at all attractive. Don't know much about her personality. Thought I read online somewhere years ago where she talks a bit of trash about Pamela Courson, which I thought was in bad taste. I'll try to find it.

18-01-2009
V.I.P.

i didn't know that thing about bebe and cameron crowe. i always thought was based on pamela, because i always thought that stillwater was based on led zeppelin (there are another bands too, but mostly led zeppelin) and pamela was with jimmy back in 1973... so i thought was based on her. but good to know it was based on bebe.

18-01-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Janis was cuter b/c of her style and attitude, but I agree they look similar. I've never thought Patricia was at all attractive. Don't know much about her personality. Thought I read online somewhere years ago where she talks a bit of trash about Pamela Courson, which I thought was in bad taste. I'll try to find it.
patricia wasn't attractive, but in my opinion janis wans't too. but janis had great style.. and anyway, i've read things patricia said about pamela and i have to agree with you, very bad taste. i guess they were always vying with each other.

18-01-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
That is all...
i the style too! and cyrinda had a great sense of style.
i feel so sad when i think about her death. she was so young

everyone can write fake affairs in whodatedwho, right? they were always competing, so it's impossible they had something.

and you're very welcome, nicovelvet!

18-01-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Most of The Doors' fans can't stand Patricia Kennealy, so that says all. She has always told a buch of lies about her relationship with Jim Morrison.

Last edited by -lucyinthesky-; 18-01-2009 at 06:41 PM.

18-01-2009
backstage pass

Here is the official Patricia Kennealy page on MySpace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=205369512

It is true that she is not very well liked among most Doors fans. In part because her regular trashing of Pamela Courson that, alas, does continue to this day.
She has a lot of detractors also because of her taking the name (legally) of Morrison and still claiming that her pagan wedding to him makes her his wife and only true love. Patricia is accused of being a "delusional" and "bitter woman" especially after she wrote her book: "Strange Days: My Life with & Without Jim Morrison". She is, in fact very harsh towards Doors/Jim fans and Pamela Courson. Not very elegant.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2010, groupies, november, october, rock