How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-02-2009
V.I.P.

hahah good point! they really look-alike.
(the last bebe's picture is cute btw).

16-02-2009
front row

Bebe & Rod from 1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by atooomic View Post
hahah good point! they really look-alike.
(the last bebe's picture is cute btw).
Look at the cover of Bebe & Rod I found on Ebay- she calls him a "lousy lover", lolololol! The cover pic is from the "Hot Legs" promo shoot and that is her legs in the video as well. I read somewhere she would not let them use her face in the video.

16-02-2009
backstage pass

^^LoL! A lousy insecure lover... I am guessing Mr Stewart was not too happy about that comment! He is (was) such a player... This does actually strikes me as really funny!

16-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by atooomic View Post
probably because this thread has became also a rock wives thread :p
Oh yeah, I hadn't seen that before, didn't look through many pages of the thread.

^^ Yay, bebe's wearing a Mick Jagger tee! That rocks! Thanks for posting Lux.!

16-02-2009
rising star

just found this thread...and i love it!!

16-02-2009
V.I.P.

owww, she had very good legs
the cover is really cool!

16-02-2009
windowshopping

Very good legs indeed

This is such a good thread!

16-02-2009
V.I.P.

yeah, it is! you're gonna enjoy it

18-02-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerNYC Man View Post
It wasn't based entirely on Bebe. Just some of it and by 1973 Pamela was not seeing Jimmy Page. He was sort of dating Lori when Jimmy hooked up with Bebe in Los Angels. She was then his official date for the Swan Song party at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Jimmy sort of dumped his LA posse to be with Bebe so it is understandable why she gets dissed so violently by some.

Stillwater was based on several bands and a few different front men/guitar players. It was also reflective of The Eagles, Bad Company, Todd Rundgren- a bit of Zep. Like Penny Lane it was a few different inspirations.

All this info is easy to find if you take a minute to look. Thats what I did. I hate seeing mean stuff written about my favorite rock chicks when it isn't true.

The dead giveaway with the Penny Lane character is her opening line "We are NOT groupies!" Bebe is the only one that ever says that, lololol!
The rest of them say they were.

All the girls from that time were beautiful and had something different to offer. But girls like Catherine James, D'Arbanville, Bebe... they were working models who earned their own money and had their own fame. Bebe was even a Playboy Centerfold (Miss Nov. 1974) way before it was fashionable to be a Playmate who dated a rock star. Todd Rundgren is even in her layout. That was a first! They were not the hallway girls who sat outside Jimmy Page's door hoping to be let in, they were invited. In some cases BEGGED, lololol!!

I think Almost Famous is more about Sabel Star...if you read "Please Kill Me" by Leggs McNeil they talk about how she slit her wrists etc. and in the movie Penny Lane tries to commit suicide too. I think it is a mixture of a few groupie stories, but closer to Sabel Star and maybe Robert Plant.

18-02-2009
V.I.P.

can be about sable too.. but i can't see that much between sable and penny because sable was very young and she was envolved with punk rock, something that penny lane wasn't. i mean, the rock'n'roll scene between them are completely different. but of course, it's like you said it is a mixture of a few groupies, i'm sure that cameron crowe was based in all groupies that were important in the 70s.

but it'd be cool if was based on sable, because she's one of my favorites

18-02-2009
windowshopping

I love Sabel too, I think Penny Lane is an amalgamation of the real Penny Lane and Sabel. The film version of Penny does have lovely blonde, wavy hair like Sabel anyway .

19-02-2009
V.I.P.

pamela des barres and cynthia plaster caster, they look like sister don't they?

cynthiaplastercaster.com, pameladesbarres.com

19-02-2009
V.I.P.

cynthiaplastercaster.com, myspace

20-02-2009
front row

Thought I'd add Demri Parrott to this thread. She was the one-time fiancee of the late Alice in Chains singer Layne Staley, who was very stylish and hot in his own right of course. Demri was friends/lovers with many of the Seattle musicians of the time, and friends with Perry Farrell as well. She was an aspiring model, but died tragically from complications from addiction.

I think she was very beautiful and had style. I have some more pics if anyone wants me to post them. Unfortunently there aren't a whole lot of photos out there on the internet. We've gotten alot from her old friends.

These photos are from the forlaynefans forum, myspace, and the flickr account of "soopy"

With Layne, from the Layne Staley Fund Calendar

20-02-2009
V.I.P.

alice in chains is one of the few bands that i like from the grunge scene... i already knew her, but i never saw any pictures. thanks for posting! that picture of her with layne is lovely.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2010, groupies, november, october, rock