How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-02-2009
front row

I love AiC! And I heard Demri's name several times now, but I also never actually saw a picture of her. She is different from what I thought. But beautiful!

Thanks for sharing (and please, post more if you have...)

20-02-2009
front row

Here you go, Lux! I'm a mod at a Layne board and we've been so lucky to make contacts with some of Layne and Demri's friends and get these photos.

From Pony Maurice, who is in these graveyard photos(Demri is the brunette)

From Soopy on flickr

Another one from Pony

From the layne board

20-02-2009
V.I.P.

thank you for all these pictures. i'm really enjoying them. these are very different kind of girls that we were used to see here (coz was always 60s/70s).

21-02-2009
V.I.P.

thanks for the pics

21-02-2009
fashion elite

who is that girl? she's really pretty

21-02-2009
front row

luxie, i explained who she is on the bottom of the previous page

21-02-2009
front row

22-02-2009
front row

Aww BohoBelle, that is so cool! Thank you loaaadssss

22-02-2009
backstage pass

So Pamela des Barres is 'playing' SXSW this year, here in Austin. I want to try and see her if I can!! If I do, I promise to take pictures!

22-02-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulcedeleche View Post
So Pamela des Barres is 'playing' SXSW this year, here in Austin. I want to try and see her if I can!! If I do, I promise to take pictures!
LOL- she is not "playing" she is doing a reading from her books. I've been to one year before last and it was really interesting.
She also does these writing workshops where you can be taught by her for a couple of days.
But she is not playing as in a band, lol!

22-02-2009
backstage pass

Thank you for the history about Demri. I did not know of her. I love Alice In Chains and the late Layne Staley. Actually I was shocked when I learned of his death in 2002. As a couple it is a sad story though. A bit like Jim & Pamela.

22-02-2009
backstage pass

Love the latest, thanks a lot!

22-02-2009
front row

Her story is very tragic. They broke up in 93, she died three years later. She was very very sick, but couldn't shake addiction. It is so hard to find pictures of her, but Pony Maurice, Demri's good friend, was so kind to send me the graveyard photos.

Here's her year book photo from her friend that sent it to the layne staley board

From the demri tribute myspace:

I LOVE her hair; not alot of women can pull off hair that long! Here is a friend's account of Demri's style, from http://www.divageekdesigns.com/demri/

In the early 90’s she dressed in all kinds of crazy yet cute clothes anything retro or vintage. She loved long dresses, skirts, tutu’s, over-alls and doc martins, hand-made clothes, she never really wore jeans and t-shirts it was always something you’d never think of wearing but looked great on her and made you wish you would thought of it type of thing but even if you had of it probably wouldn’t of looked as cool on you..haha. She had that tiny little body that looks great in clothes.
She always wore her hair really long like too her butt or longer and she had thick wavy auburn hair and even though it was usually knotted and dred locked here and there but knotted or not it always looked cool. She wore black nail polish and when she wore make up she used maybe some black mascara and red lips but she didn’t usually wear a lot of make up maybe except for lipstick when she went out. She was also the first girl I met who used her lipstick to add blush to her cheeks. She also wore Patchouli oil and oil perfumes..which I’m not a fan of myself but it smelled good on her and she definitely had a very distin
In the early 90’s she dressed in all kinds of crazy yet cute clothes anything retro or vintage. She loved long dresses, skirts, tutu’s, over-alls and doc martins, hand-made clothes, she never really wore jeans and t-shirts it was always something you’d never think of wearing but looked great on her and made you wish you would thought of it type of thing but even if you had of it probably wouldn’t of looked as cool on you..haha. She had that tiny little body that looks great in clothes.
She always wore her hair really long like too her butt or longer and she had thick wavy auburn hair and even though it was usually knotted and dred locked here and there but knotted or not it always looked cool. She wore black nail polish and when she wore make up she used maybe some black mascara and red lips but she didn’t usually wear a lot of make up maybe except for lipstick when she went out. She was also the first girl I met who used her lipstick to add blush to her cheeks. She also wore Patchouli oil and oil perfumes..which I’m not a fan of myself but it smelled good on her and she definitely had a very distinct smell.

22-02-2009
front row

That last picture is...wow!
Thanks for that description. It sounds like her

22-02-2009
V.I.P.

the last picure is not just gorgeous, but also cute. layne was so pretty... they were cool as a couple.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2010, groupies, november, october, rock