How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Art of Noise / Celebrity Singers/Musicians
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-12-2006
Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeGal4Eva
^ i was just thinking the same thng! she sure does,out of all stones girls,i could never get her appeal
Really? I personally think that Anita was fug and Jerry Hall is a man horse (albeit the most beautiful man horse on the planet). Marianne, who reminds me of Kate Moss, was cute/ pretty at best. But Bianca- Bianca is so close to perfection. A real goddess.

Last edited by KhaoticKharma; 30-12-2006 at 06:20 PM.

30-12-2006
front row

I agree about Marianne resembling Kate... I always thought that. Although I have to disagree about Anita being fug!!!

30-12-2006
Amour Comme Hiver

^ Yes, looking back that was a bit harsh... to word it better, I personally do not find her attractive

Clementine is that your name? That is one of my personal favorite names.

30-12-2006
Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeGal4Eva
i iwsh i lived back in the day too...oh those were the times
the only band i can think of that is so good i'd become their groupie is strokes,but then they're all married now or have gfs...there really isnt a single great ,i mea great band now
That doesn't mean that they don't have groupies...

No! I must not condone the act of being a groupie!

31-12-2006
front row

haha.. yes, it is my name! I've had my fair share of "orange" jokes in my days though.. :/

31-12-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma
That doesn't mean that they don't have groupies...

No! I must not condone the act of being a groupie!

what a good idea! hHhHaaaahahahahHHHhhhaaaaa

as for the girls,i think i always thought that marianne was the most interesting one(fact that i love miss moss doesnt hurt either),and anita was my second favorite.jerry hall i never liked either,she does indeed has some resemblance to a four-legged animal you mentioned

31-12-2006
trendsetter

My my my... I just started to read I'm With the Band and can't put it down. It's so much a better read than Bebe Buell's book, imo. This girl could write!!

01-01-2007
V.I.P.

Thanks for the brilliant pics!!

03-01-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60swildchild
My my my... I just started to read I'm With the Band and can't put it down. It's so much a better read than Bebe Buell's book, imo. This girl could write!!
That was a great book! My was copy stolen

04-01-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePrincess
That was a great book! My was copy stolen
Mine is an oldoldold library copy that's been gathering dustdustdust on my bookshelf. I've almost finished reading it. I lovelovelovelove it!

05-01-2007
trendsetter

A few paragraphs from Miss Pamela's book:

The rock and roll girls were getting younger, and I was no good at competing. They hated me because I had been there first, and they called me awful names at Rodney Bingenheimer's English Disco, "old" being the most popular odious declaration of loathing. I let them get to me; they told me I was over the hill, and I looked in the mirror, inspecting my twenty-five-year-old face for early stages of decrepitness. The most hideous of these tartlets was Sable Starr. She thought she invented nipples and pubic hair. At an Elton John party on the lot at Universal, she shouted out to me, "Give it up, you old bag." I flipped her the bird right in front of the newest piano playing wunderkind. This behavior conflicted with my holy rose-colored thinking, but I believed the GTO's had paved the way for these infant upstarts, and I thought they should show me some kind of respect, or at least recognition for my groundbreaking Strip-walking efforts. Needless to say, they didn't show me jack-****.

Robert Plant did an interview in Rolling Stone that put these puppies in their place. "It's a shame to see these young chicks bungle their lives away in a flurry - to rush to compete with what was in the good old days, the good-time relationships we had with the GTO's... when it came to looning they could give us as much of a looming as we could give them."

I just lovelovelove Pamela and her book. She had/has a heart of gold and I consider her the original groupie. I don't know that much about Sable Starr or Penny Lane but I know she leaps and bounds over Bebe Buell, which isn't saying I don't like Bebe (her book was good too)... I just like Pamela better. She ruled the lot!!

05-01-2007
V.I.P.

^ agreed. how does one become a groupie today ...just out of curiosity

06-01-2007
trendsetter

the only way you could be a groupie... would be to some how meet some one in a band and them enjoy your company. To be honest i know most bands hate groupies.. or have no respect for them. So if you want to just sleep with some one then you will have a chance if you try really hard to get to them.. but through doing this most respect is lost. I think to be a groupie in the way most people imagine it.. it has to be a chance meeting or an accident where your intentions truly are innocent. Which means you cant really want to be a groupie..
Lots of bands dont mind hanging out with fans in the town they are visiting, but this generally doesnt mean you will get to travel with them, which is what you would want im guessing.
The whole groupie thing looks glamorous etc but in the end its just like anything else, the bands are.. just people, some of them are incredible people.. but that doesnt mean they will pay you any attention or respect you. Its truly something full of disappointment. Even the classic groupie movie..Almost famous shows this "Sold you to humble pie for fifty dollars and a case of beer!"
to be so shallowly accepted as a groupie, you have to accept that you can be discarded just so shallowly. Most Old school "Groupies" arent what a groupie would be considered to be today.. so really its more of a question of being some ones girlfriend or a companion where you can't expect too much. But then you really have to want to be with some one for their personality not because they are in a band.
This is just what ive learnt anyway.
end of ramble

06-01-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60swildchild
A few paragraphs from Miss Pamela's book:

The rock and roll girls were getting younger, and I was no good at competing. They hated me because I had been there first, and they called me awful names at Rodney Bingenheimer's English Disco, "old" being the most popular odious declaration of loathing. I let them get to me; they told me I was over the hill, and I looked in the mirror, inspecting my twenty-five-year-old face for early stages of decrepitness. The most hideous of these tartlets was Sable Starr. She thought she invented nipples and pubic hair. At an Elton John party on the lot at Universal, she shouted out to me, "Give it up, you old bag." I flipped her the bird right in front of the newest piano playing wunderkind. This behavior conflicted with my holy rose-colored thinking, but I believed the GTO's had paved the way for these infant upstarts, and I thought they should show me some kind of respect, or at least recognition for my groundbreaking Strip-walking efforts. Needless to say, they didn't show me jack-****.

Robert Plant did an interview in Rolling Stone that put these puppies in their place. "It's a shame to see these young chicks bungle their lives away in a flurry - to rush to compete with what was in the good old days, the good-time relationships we had with the GTO's... when it came to looning they could give us as much of a looming as we could give them."

I just lovelovelove Pamela and her book. She had/has a heart of gold and I consider her the original groupie. I don't know that much about Sable Starr or Penny Lane but I know she leaps and bounds over Bebe Buell, which isn't saying I don't like Bebe (her book was good too)... I just like Pamela better. She ruled the lot!!
60swildchild
Thank you so much! I've been dying to read I'm with the Band, so thank you so much. That was so funny! I love Pamela!

Gosh Stable Starr is so mean, and I though she was all kind and sweet, but she's all bitchy afterall. "She thought she invented nipples and pubic hair. "

Don't worry Pamela, I think you're prettier than her! And you're my idol!

I'm not sure but, I think this was when Jimmy already had an affair with Lori, and was about to dump Pamela. Aww, just look at her face, it looks like she's so in love with him.

http://www.geocities.com/lorilightnin1/lori_zep.html

06-01-2007
LOVE

Is Uschi already here??????????????????

She was with Keith Richards, Mick Jagger and Jimi Hendrix.....she is also a model, actress, Germany´s sex symbol of the 60´s 70´s, jewelry designer.........her Biopic is coming soon in February!

some scans from me:

A letter from Jimi Hendrix to her:

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, 2010, groupies, november, october, rock