Not many know of Siobhan Donaghy, but all seems set for her to become huge once again, yes once again. She was the part of the original cast of UKs sugababes, after she left she released her very critically aclaimed yet not such successfull debut "Revolution In Me".
Signed by Parlophone , shes back with her 2nd album "Ghosts", it all seems like an amazing project and maybe the rise of new Kate Bush? [album is out there ppl even though its still not released]
For the visual part 2 of the best were hired, Floria Sigismondi did a promo shoot and Sophie Muller did the vid, and it all represents the new fresh original artsy sound Siobhan is bringing... =)
here are some of the pics and the video
video for the 1st single Dont Give It Up [dir Sophie Muller]
Last edited by spiceboy; 29-03-2007 at 06:50 PM.
20 Questions with…Siobhan Donaghy
Yes, yes, we all know she used to be in the Sugababes, but that’s all in the past. Siobhan’s new single, Don’t Give It Up, (which was out last week) is a quirky and left-field slice of pure pop. A fresh outlook from a British artist who isn’t following the usual R’n’B route of her contemporaries. The Line of Best Fit caught up with her as she reveals her love of fry-up’s and her liquid only preparation for gigs.
1. Describe your sound in 3 words.
Compassionate, dedicated, spontaneous.
2. Diet coca-cola or normal coke?
Normal coke. Anything diet is a waste of time.
3. What would be your ideal holiday?
My favorite holiday was on Phra Nang Beach and Cave in Krabi, Thailand. If I could get to the galapogos islands in my time that would be amazing!
4. What’s the best cure for a hangover?
A fry up. We’re Irish. A fry up occurs most mornings.
5. What’s on your rider?
Beer, vodka, whiskey, water. Usually only liquids.
6. How do you get ready for a live show?
By trying to be on my own as much as possible so as the hussle and bussle doesn’t freak me out!
7. Favourite song to play live?
A song called Medevac which is off my new album ’Ghosts’
8. When was the last time you told a lie?
I don’t lie unless it is to save someone’s feelings.
9. Who would win in a fight, a stoat or a goat and why?
The stoat would win as it’s primarily a nocturnal animal so the goat would be taken out at night.
10. What was the last album you bought?
Hinterland by Aim. A very nice summer listen.
11. What’s your pet hate?
People who talk too much about themselves. Maybe at this point in time that person is me!
12. Dead or alive. What 5 acts would you have play with you at a festival.
Liz Fraser, in fact her along with the two guys from The Cocteau Twins. Dolly Parton. Jeff Buckley. The Cinematic Orchestra and Brian Eno
13. Desert Island Disc? Pick only one.
Slo Fuzz by Sol Seppy
14. Most memorable on the road story.
Me throwing my phone at a bee that was attacking me and naturally all that did was break my phone….not the bee!!
15. What’s the best thing about being a solo artist?
I can be a total control freak and that’s ok.
16. Do you read your own reviews?
No. If you believe the good then you have to believe the bad.
17. Tell us a fact about yourself we probably don’t already know.
I was an all England champion in irish dancing when I was 8 years old.
18. Are you a morning bird or a night fox?
Absolutely both. Why choose. I’m an optimist.
19. If you could travel back in time where would you set the dial?
Hmmmm somewhere in the 18th century. The clothes were amazing.
20. Least favourite person in the universe.
Now, it would be very horrible to pin-point just the one person now wouldn’t it?